Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Discussion

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
(why are you children posting in the megathread when there's a literal inxile subforum)

Anyway, for those who don't know, my prediction from October last year was right, 2015 is slated to have a "Director's Cut" edition of WL2.

Trailer is available here:

Confirmed to have "perks and quirks" for enhanced character creation, redesigned combat encounters, and "precision strikes" (I'm guessing aimed shots). Basically, WL2 becomes more Fallout. It's also coming to consoles lol.

What else would you like to see? What would it take from a Director's Cut to make you replay the game? If you disliked WL2 or were underwhelmed by the game, will this be enough to elevate it? If not, what would you want from the update?

Last edited:

Love

Cipher
What would it take from a Director's Cut to make you replay the game?

If the second chapter is fixed now and the game won't be too demanding on the hardware, I could easily be persuaded. It looks so fresh now.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
We've known about this since March, it's probably a bit late now to ask for major improvements

Nice m8. Still called it in October. I really wouldn't expect an RPG codex thread to dictate their development anyways. Now, tell me:

What else would you like to see? What would it take from a Director's Cut to make you replay the game? If you disliked WL2 or were underwhelmed by the game, will this be enough to elevate it? If not, what would you want from the update?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What would it take from a Director's Cut to make you replay the game?

If the second chapter is fixed now and the game won't be too demanding on the hardware, I could easily be persuaded. It looks so fresh now.

I admit I am very intrigued. I gave WL2 about 14 hours before I grew tired of it (too much mind numbing combat for me). By second chapter do you mean California, or are you referring to, say the Highpool / Plant place?

Love

Cipher
I admit I am very intrigued. I gave WL2 about 14 hours before I grew tired of it (too much mind numbing combat for me). By second chapter do you mean California, or are you referring to, say the Highpool / Plant place?

California in general, yes. There were so many NPCs not responding and many quests not finishable, that it left me with a real bad taste of being tricked by the first part. But the pictures and descriptions of new skills got me thinking again...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll definitely give it another go in the Director's Cut edition. Seems even more polished and I'm intrigued from the redesign of the encounters plus the possible fixing of the awkward armor system

ArchAngel

Arcane
I will finally try to finish the game for the first time :D

I hope for TToN and BT4 I will not need to wait 1 year for all the patches until I finally get to play it.

Keldryn

Arcane
I didn't have time to play Wasteland 2 when I finally got it, so I've been waiting for the Director's Cut before really getting started with the game.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I'm very annoyed by the name change. Director's Cut? Are they trying to pretend some greater force was twisting their arm to make it less than it could have been, because that's not what Fargo said on the kickstarter video. Free of Publishers was the pitch. Enhanced Edition I could deal with but painting themselves as being the victims of opression from which they are now freed makes my blood boil. It stinks of marketing. I need a cup of tea to recover.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Any info yet if this will be an update or a new entry in your Steam/GoG library (á la D:OS - EE)?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
From the WL2 forums:

We want to make it its own separate game entry and install so you can keep playing the original. So if we can do it that way then we will.

I'm not 100% sure how that works but that may introduce new cards, achievements, etc. But maybe there's also a way to transfer those over. I think there's arguments on both sides.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
lol

it's concerning that they don't know - although I'm presuming that's some random moderator who's not really involved with the game directly.

They'd have to submit a new set of cards / badges / emoticons / backgrounds. Achievements can't carry over. They should just go ahead and add new cards because it essentially prints free money for everyone involved (devs get a cut of all transactions of items from their game) - there are no downsides to it.

edit: they could technically do something where WL2 vanilla creates a file that you can import into WL2 DC that loads all your achievements... but, whatever. steam achievements are pointless

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
I need to remind myself to buy WL2 before this DC comes out , didnt see any reasons to buy unplayable buggy september 2014 release and finished the game twice in the end lol (and liked it very much), still game was in such disrespectful state that i never thought about buying it until they announced DC .

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
lol

it's concerning that they don't know - although I'm presuming that's some random moderator who's not really involved with the game directly.

They'd have to submit a new set of cards / badges / emoticons / backgrounds. Achievements can't carry over. They should just go ahead and add new cards because it essentially prints free money for everyone involved (devs get a cut of all transactions of items from their game) - there are no downsides to it.

edit: they could technically do something where WL2 vanilla creates a file that you can import into WL2 DC that loads all your achievements... but, whatever. steam achievements are pointless
You know, I was going to type up a reply explaining all the ways you're mistaken and ill-informed, but then I decided you're just a fucking idiot.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I need to remind myself to buy WL2 before this DC comes out , didnt see any reasons to buy unplayable buggy september 2014 release and finished the game twice in the end lol (and liked it very much), still game was in such disrespectful state that i never thought about buying it until they announced DC .
So you pirated it, played through it TWICE and you still complain? :keepmyjewgold:

Atchodas

Augur
I waited 2 months or so before i made my mind to play pirated version , if i recall correctly 2 months post release Inxile released a patch 3 that broke the game and made it unplayable ( Endless Combat in Canyon of Titans = game over ) until patch 4 lol that came out after one month so you basically had to wait whole month to continue the game , this was the point when i decided that they dont want the money .

Edit : lol now that i remembered all that crap , maybe i will just wait for DC to get released and if/when its not buggy ill just buy it for w/e price they want ( probably will be higher than it is now ) , i dont feel like playing a buggy game 1 year after its initial release

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You know, I was going to type up a reply explaining all the ways you're mistaken and ill-informed, but then I decided you're just a fucking idiot.

Really? Pray tell.

You're creating a new entry in steam/GOG libraries for the DC.

Separate library entries in steam libraries cannot magically share achievements.

Creating more cards requires submitting another set of assets to steam.

Cards have no negative downsides. They create net worth for everyone involved aside from the Palm Deserts of the world who buy them to make badges.

You can indeed create a file that would transfer achievements if you want.

Please, explain what I got incorrect. I'm genuinely curious and would like to learn. The only possible thing I can think of was my presumption that a moderator uninvolved with the game's development made that response. Which was explicitly stated as a presumption not to be taken as fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom