Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Did you back any RPG Kickstarter?

• Lowest possible pledge to get a digital copy.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Enough for a bunch of goodies, and a digital copy.

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Basic amount for a Physical Copy

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Enough for a few physical rewards.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I went full wallet-rape, bought the over 1-2 hundred dollar tier, special edition box, shirts, etc

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • I'm rich, so I bought one of the 5/10k tiers.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don't back, but I want to.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Backing projects for kickstarter makes you a cuckhold

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I don't preorder game ideas.

Votes: 29 19.0%

• Total voters

Turok

Erudite
Grimoire?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Shroud of the Avatar and (by association) Underworld Ascendant have turned me completely off any backing any future kick starters for some time.

I didn't back either one, but both left enough fowl taste on about what KS really is to put a pause on KS for quite a while.

Zep--

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't mind sharing. If the developers offered a boxed edition my pledge would go up significantly but if only digital tiers were offered I'd go for the minimum to just get the game. This doesn't include whatever I was able to throw at the various Codex fundraisers. :obviously:

photo-original.jpg

The Bards Tale IV
$670.00 SUPREME BOX COLLECTOR

photo-original.png

"Order of the Thorne" & "Roehm To Ruin" by Infamous Quests
$135.00

photo-original.jpg

Underworld Ascendant
$200.00 AVATAR

photo-original.png

Shadowrun: Hong Kong
$35.00

photo-original.png

Thimbleweed Park: A New Classic Point & Click Adventure!
$150.00

photo-original.png

Serpent in the Staglands
$75.00 Physical Journal

photo-original.jpg

Lords of Xulima - An Epic Story of Gods and Humans
$95.00 + BOOK: BESTIARY & MYTHOLOGY

photo-original.jpg

FRONTIERS - Explore ● Discover ● Survive
$15.00

photo-original.png

Telepath Tactics - A Strategy RPG
$10.00

photo-original.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin
$100.00 Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter Box Copy

photo-original.png

Torment: Tides of Numenera
$277.00 CYPHER COLLECTOR - PHYSICAL GOODS 1 message

photo-original.jpg

Mage's Initiation - A Classic Sierra-style Adventure/RPG
$6.00

photo-original.png

Antharion - An Old-School RPG
$75.00 SPECIAL EDITION DVD PACK

photo-original.jpg

IceBlink Engine
$40.00 CREATURE + ARTWORK

photo-original.jpg

Star Citizen
$125.00 COLONEL

photo-original.jpg

Project Eternity
$280.00 COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX

photo-original.jpg

Quest For Infamy - An Adventure Game By Infamous Quests
$120.00 Big Box

photo-original.jpg

Dead State: The Zombie Survival RPG
$250.00 The Splendid Box: Deluxe Edition

photo-original.jpg

Xenonauts
$20.00

photo-original.jpg

Legends of Eisenwald
$175.00 Signed Limited Edition Box.

photo-original.jpg

The Banner Saga
$10.00

photo-original.png

Shadowrun Returns
$125.00 DELUXE BOX EDITION

photo-original.jpg

Wasteland 2
$500.00 WASTELAND DOOMSDAY PREPARATION SURVIVAL KIT

photo-original.jpg

Double Fine Adventure
$100.00 BOX EDITION

Keldryn

Arcane
I've backed a number of RPG Kickstarters, mostly at the minimum level for a digital copy (usually $20).

I did back Wasteland 2 at the lowest level to get a physical copy of it (box, manual, & cloth map), which I think was around $50. I did this because the original Wasteland was one of my favorites, and this was one of the early Kickstarters.

I pledged ~$20 to many more RPGs, even though I don't actually have enough time to play them right now. $20 is a fairly trivial amount of money, and I want more of these types of games to be made, so it's worth it to me.

The others that I backed at this level were Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity, Shroud of the Avatar, The Mandate, Divinity: Original Sin, Underworld Ascendant, Hero-U, and The Bard's Tale IV. I keep telling myself that I'm done until more of these games are released and I get to play them, but I find that I still want to support these developers.

Adamaklas

Literate
I should had backed niwa man .... ooooh i should really had backed niwa. So much potential niwa has...

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
/\ Is Obama paying for all that for you?

Zep--
View attachment 6018

I actually work for a living and don't own no Obamaphone!!

Apologies then, I thought because of your condition you were on the Govt. dole.

Zep--

There's nothing that get's me more riled up than to see sooooooooooo many freeloaders people on the gov't dole. If I can get my sorry butt out of bed each day and put in a full day's work than you better be pretty much brain dead to not be working somewhere..... :x

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
/\ Is Obama paying for all that for you?

Zep--
View attachment 6018

I actually work for a living and don't own no Obamaphone!!

Apologies then, I thought because of your condition you were on the Govt. dole.

Zep--

There's nothing that get's me more riled up than to see sooooooooooo many freeloaders people on the gov't dole. If I can get my sorry butt out of bed each day and put in a full day's work than you better be pretty much brain dead to not be working somewhere..... :x

You're a good man, I like your thinking on that!

Zep--

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
my dream is being able to spend $500+ on a vidya gaem instead of thinking of the pizza I could have eaten when I buy a game after waiting long for it to be under $20

Apexeon

Arcane
I put $1 to $5 on games I won't play but want to chip in. Every little bit helps a team get back up an running.
If its a CRPG team I will chip in more.

Isometric art = wallet open for me.

POE
Tides
Lords of Xulima
etc...

If BT4 goes 8 players (6 would do it) = open for business.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
wasteland 2
pillars of eternity
torment 2
divinity original sin
legends of eisenwald

plus some 4x kickstarters

for each, the bare minimum digital copy price

money well spent so far

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
RPG wise I backed (the latest ones, because of KS fucking shit listing display):

Dungeons of Aledorn
Underworld Ascendant
Shadowrun: Hong Kong

I now pretty much back the minimum from developers I am not familiar with, because we have no idea how the game is going to turn out, if they don't have a demo. In the case of Shadowrun HK, I did a higher tier because I wanted some of the goodies at that level. and also because I LOVE these new Shadowrun games <3 <3

I back a ton more of adventure games though. And more so this year because apparently 2015 is The Year of the Mystlike Kickstarters. I hope they turn out decent. :/

Cenobyte

Prophet
All the InXile games (except for Bard's Tale IV so far, but I plan to pledge for that as well)

and Divinity :salute:

I wasn't that interested in Pillars of Eternity, so I didn't back that project in the first place (I also haven't touched it since release). Due to my workload I currently don't have the time to play any of those smaller indie games out there, so I didn't back those either.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Give me ten reasons to back kickstarter games
1. you recognize some of the dev team members and know they can deliver a solid game

2. since the developers aren't paid in advance by publishers, they don't have to cede creative control

3. the dev team puts a lot of effort into making the game and you want to support their aspirations

4. you want encourage indie developers to develop that kind of game

5. if there is a large enough market for that niche, it might convince large companies to invest in similar games

6. the base game price is usually only the equivalent of eating out for dinner in a first world country

7. there are certain perks that interest you (ex. boxed copy, autograph, creating a custom item)

8. you're bored/sick of the latest AAA gritty brown cover-based shooter with quick-time events

9. you know you're never going to get around to making your own game and want to enjoy the project development vicariously

10. if every potential backer thought "I'll buy it when it's on sale after release", then the game wouldn't get made in the first place

To paraphrase Gandhi: be the incline that you wish to see in the world.

Last edited:

Shevek

Arcane
I back early for the cheap digital copy then i toss in a bit more for te beta addon.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Pillars of Eternity $77
Torment $300 (got Wasteland 2)
Bard's Tale IV $70 (will increase in last days)
D:OS $65
"Order of the Thorne" & "Roehm To Ruin" $100
Underworld Ascendant $25
SitS $15
Telepath Tactics $10
Mage's Initiation $16
Antharion $15
Barkley 2 $15

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom