Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

Keldryn

Arcane
Make a statement so you can be held accountable, not some question that may or may not support your unknown premise. Citations needed. The format should be something like "Beamdog hired X and Y. Here is the LINK to the announcement."

The fact that I can play the EEs on a tablet makes it all worthwhile. I'll gladly pay for a Torment EE.
Good for you, and completely irrelevant to anything I said. If you want to shill for a product, you don't need to quote me.

Someone woke up on the cranky side of the bed this morning.

Didn't cite anything because I was typing on a phone and keeping it short.

The part about it being available on tablets indicates that the EE is a lot more than a $20 mod but a significantly rewritten game engine.

You said that hopefully this is the last we'll hear from Beamdog, and I was disagreeing by stating my hopes for a Torment EE in the future.

EDIT: Not worth it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Compared to what came later, the BG2 romances are great. If you play a chick and romance Anomen, you can get him to break his knightly chastity vows, then tell him to fuck off. He'll leave the party and start stalking you. There's also some cool moments in the various romance quests, like the Harpers getting all up in your grill if you romance Jaheira.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When I played BG2, I kicked Aerie out of my party around midgame. I took her back for the last boss battle and she started spewing bullshit about "our child" as if I had any idea what she was talking about. I was pretty much :retarded:

waywardOne

Arcane
Really? So you consider that modders, who built what they had done over 10+ years of feedback from the community, getting signed to a 1-off contract and NDA, as good for the community? The same way that what they did was built off of those that came before. Is Dorner getting a percentage? What about Xyx? David Wallace has nothing on TeamBG besides lots more time on his hands and less scruples. Nah. Side of the bed's got nothing to do with it, fuckstick. The fact is, without what the community had done as a whole, there would be nothing to "enhance". Just because wannabe-devs like camdawg wanted to sell out, or liam(i write bisexual NPCs), or whoever, doesn't justify what Beamdog did. The facts are: Raphael Wong built off of what Taimon did. Raph got paid by Beamdog for his "work"; in exchange, he stopped developing for the community. Same with Erephine. They were both going to be ripped off no matter what, because technically what they did was against the EULA. But at the end of the day, EE is a handful of engine tweaks that would've happened anyway if ToBEx had been able to continue (aka Raph/Asc64 not getting NDA'd and/or bought out), plus the same faggoty NPC shit that the BG community's been masturbating to since '02. Tablets might've been a reality before EE if the the Gem devs hadn't been distracted by EE. That's hardly an issue on a PC-oriented forum anyway.

You tl;dr'd because you've got no fucking case. Stop quoting me, faggot. You have no idea what a "rewritten engine" means. Just bow out now.

Last edited:

Keldryn

Arcane
Stop quoting me, faggot. You have no idea what a "rewritten engine" means. Just bow out now.

I'll quote whoever I want to quote, thank you very much. Not that what you write is really worth quoting, but that is neither here nor there.

Also, as I've been developing software professionally for 15 years, 3 of which were working for EA and Rockstar Games, I do in fact have an idea what constitutes a "rewritten engine.". But since I know what I'm talking about, I don't have to resort to hostility and name-calling.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
4am what a shitty time for a reveal. I guess they don't want to generate hype where people actually are interested in this kind of games = yurop

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
4am what a shitty time for a reveal. I guess they don't want to generate hype where people actually are interested in this kind of games = yurop

rzQP2QV.png

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They're hyping THAC0? :retarded:

Of all things, replacing THAC0 with a "higher numbers = better" system is the best improvement of subsequent D&D editions.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well shit, I'm going to the Industrial Dance/Bar tonight with friends, so I'll miss the launch. Guess I'll check it when I get home, if i'm not too drunk... :M

agris

Arcane
Patron
Maybe the countdown is to unveil their ability to render an area with the same fidelity as BioWare did 15 years ago.

Seriously, the new areas look like smudged shit compared to the old stuff.

pippin

I assume those are charts for the EEs?
Italy, Japan, Norway, etc: bought during sale, never played :lol:

They're hyping THAC0?

They kinda know they consumer base must be at least 25 years old or something like that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
siege of dragonspear... sounds... penetratingly hot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom