Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did Advent Rising failed to impress?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I want to know why this game failed so hard even tho it had good gameplay(yes it was fun),decent graphics,great storyline and music.

Could have been a great trilogy and much better than the shitty Turd Effect...

I want opinions,now!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Bugs and PC port was iffy. But then again, when you compare it to state games get released in today you can clearly see how low everyone's standards have fallen.

Love

Cipher
I still don't like the style they were going for and keep in mind, that the game came out at a time where it was competing with Halo. And although that one doesn't have as good cutscenes, the story wasn't as fucking shit. Oh, and selling this game as one part of a trilogy from the get-go? I guess that didn't do them any good either!

Bugs and PC port was iffy. But then again, when you compare it to state games get released in today you can clearly see how low everyone's standards have fallen.

When that bugged port came out for PC it had already failed on consoles iirc.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This is the biggest juxtaposation of graphics I have ever seen in a video game before.

• The 3D Models look like a College Student's final project.. Everything looks like plastic rubber with a Vertex count I could do on 2 hands.
  • At the same time, some of particle effects in this game - The warping and portals look on par with shit coming out of AAA today.
    • Some of the particle effects look like shit too.. but some of the clips actually surprised me.
It's like they had some genius master mind coding / designing their particle shaders / textures and a monkey in 3DS max clicking away like crazy.

Also I have never heard of this game before but it's not hard to see why ME did better. First Impressions and Graphics sell new IP's more then gameplay and love.. Dat Marketting hype. I have never heard of this game before and I watch RPG game releases like a hawk - whereas I can't stop hearing about ME and wish I never had.

Dexter

Arcane
1. This is the first time I've heard of it
2. It looks like low-budget shit from the PS2-era

pippin

I only knew about this game while browsing gog. It seems its story was written by Orson Scott Card.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I remember it being pretty cool but there were a lot of bugs and the visual style was not in line with the dudebro stuff going on around that time. The first hour or two of the game also left a really bad impression as I remember renting it and struggling to push through the opening act + whatever bugs kept breaking the game. A game of this magnitude and flair was just released at the wrong time, IMO.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I remember it for after credits part. What a surprise, another boss battle + more explanation. But I guess people were in "I'm done with this shit" mood and play their favourite title for 7th time.
And yes, control scheme was surprisingly good considering dual wielding with all guns.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
I have this game's music CD which I love, and I even got a signature from its composer after the video game symphony concert played in my city.

But I have no intention to play this game because:
1. it looks like a Halo clone, from its graphics, color scheme, alien and ship design, to its story elements;
2. it has a cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved because it was planned as a trilogy and the company won't make the following sequels.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
1. Bugs, crashes, glitches etc.
2. Comic book-artstyle might be offputting to some
3. Looked like a Halo clone to everyone
4. The publisher spent too much on marketing it
5. The publisher even held one of those 'find a bunch of hidden symbols and earn a million bucks somehow' actions which backfired in a way I can't remember, so they apologized for it by giving away two games of choice away for free

What a shame, because I kinda liked it when it didn't CTD

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Entitled gamers didn't wanted to fund the entire series by buying half-assed beginning of it in millions.

I can only hope "gaming press" doesn't lurk this forum to find new ideas for clickbait headlines.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I played this on PC when it was launched and the port was fine,no fps,control or stabilty problems.

And to other idiots,play the fucking game first and then you can judge it.

The game has better gameplay,music and story than 90% of games out there.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I played this on PC when it was launched and the port was fine,no fps,control or stabilty problems.
news_photo_40387_1400261312.jpg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
news_photo_40387_1400261312.jpg
I only got 2 ctd during cutscenes from i remember ,so yhea,that's a fine port in my books.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom