Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
New areas are linear as fuck. Extremely disappointing in my opinion.

Some nice gimmicky bossfights, mind you - I particularly liked the one with the fat floating witch-woman near the end who cursed you with different curses depending on what part of her arena you were in.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
People in HC have been paying to have others kill the bosses ever since closed beta, it was already a thing in Diablo2. You can make quite a living off it - 1chaos per player, 5 players per run, the waypoint is right in front of the boss room and the boss itself takes like 2 minutes once you're geared for maps. And on the other hand people may wanna spend 1c to not die to the boss. And its not just Malachai, Vaal/Piety/Dominus get the same treatment, albeit a bit cheaper now that act 4 is around.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
13905052.jpg

Absinthe

Arcane
I only play hardcore. Doing tempest but it's easier than regular hardcore. It gives you extra loot, and if it's a steroiding tempest you just take the steroid yourself and plow through mobs, and if it's a transmogrifying tempest it boosts your loot some more. If it's a tempest that's actually likely to fuck you up in a boss area, then you don't do that map while the tempest is active. So basically tempest = more loot + easier time.

GGG really needs to learn how to make a hardcore that will actually knock you on your ass. They also need to expand the range of hotkeys because my latest character has 1 enduring cry, 2 curses, 1 zombie summon, 1 freezing pulse to plow through mobs, 1 vigilant strike, 1 movement skill, 1 lazy bullshit skill to make everything too easy, and 1 vaal skill (also auras/heralds/AA).

T. Reich

Arcane
GGG really needs to learn how to make a hardcore that will actually knock you on your ass.

Nemesis, Invasion, Beyond, Bloodlines. Judging by the amount of Q_Q from the butthurt ripperinos during these leagues, the devs know exactly how to make the HC boiz cry.

Absinthe

Arcane
I've been in all of them. Meh.

They need to make a 4-month Turbo hardcore league.

Then again that probably wouldn't do much against my builds.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Turbo as in Onslaught, only faster?

Anyway, there's not much point complaining about "not hard enough" features if you're playing a build specifically aimed at surviving anything.

At least you're not complaining about "1-button gameplay", with all those skills you're using :P.

Absinthe

Arcane
90% of combat for me consists of just casting freezing pulse with a frostbite curse atm. I just decided to make a jack character for once and while it's certainly working I'm also getting bored with inflicting merely 500 DPS with FP and Zombies doing another 100 DPS each at level 32. I might retool this character into huge amounts of crit so that I can crit everything into the ground. Not sure. Needs more damage though. I'm used to dropping bosses like flies.

I suppose I could go back to lazy ass necromancers who never fail and kill everything while stacking ungodly survival, huzzah. Naked zombies are already damn strong if you just stick added lightning and added cold supports on them.

Onslaught was the reject's version of Turbo because GGG didn't have the balls to do proper Turbo in a long-term hardcore league. Turbo league is monsters attack, cast, and move 60% faster (Onslaught is just 20%).

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
wxcrpOD.jpg

Ok what the fuck just happened in here

Keepers of the Trove.

Nothing special, move along.

90% of combat for me consists of just casting freezing pulse with a frostbite curse atm. I just decided to make a jack character for once and while it's certainly working I'm also getting bored with inflicting merely 500 DPS with FP and Zombies doing another 100 DPS each at level 32. I might retool this character into huge amounts of crit so that I can crit everything into the ground. Not sure. Needs more damage though. I'm used to dropping bosses like flies.

I suppose I could go back to lazy ass necromancers who never fail and kill everything while stacking ungodly survival, huzzah. Naked zombies are already damn strong if you just stick added lightning and added cold supports on them.

Onslaught was the reject's version of Turbo because GGG didn't have the balls to do proper Turbo in a long-term hardcore league. Turbo league is monsters attack, cast, and move 60% faster (Onslaught is just 20%).

Ah feck it, they should just make the next HC league EEBLAMT and never nerf it during its run. That would teach ya!

Absinthe

Arcane
Well one of the things that trivializes the game for me is the bullshit combo of Conversion Trap + Multiple Traps support. Mobs will kill each other for you. It makes raremobs with annoying auras stupidly easy because you can convert the raremob itself or you can convert its minions and let them die while they're no longer under the influence of Allies Cannot Die aura. This skill is the main reason why I feel comfortable running like an idiot through levels while aggroing everything in sight. Because even if I aggro five rare mobs, I can just have them kill each other for me. I also drop 6 of these before I open strongboxes so those are never a challenge either.

Also I notice that if I run two heralds and use Frostbite + Elemental Weakness my freezing pulse DPS basically reaches around 1000 (also FP detonates herald of frost very reliably) so that's good. I usually use Haste aura for the movespeed though.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom