Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News WTF: Knights of the Old Republic II gets new official patch, TSLRCM now available via Steam Workshop

Hassat Hunter

Educated
Hassat bro / sis, what's going on with this missing VO thing then? I was just about to start another playthrough, but will wait if there's an issue.
They aren't exactly missing, they just wont run (and thus immediately skips forward to the part where you can answer). Aspyr already looked into that. We just need to wait for a fix from them...

Deleted member 7219

Hassat bro / sis, what's going on with this missing VO thing then? I was just about to start another playthrough, but will wait if there's an issue.
They aren't exactly missing, they just wont run (and thus immediately skips forward to the part where you can answer). Aspyr already looked into that. We just need to wait for a fix from them...

But it only affects M4-78, right? Rest of the playthrough is unaffected? I leave M4-78 right until the end anyway, and wanted to get Peragus out the way at least (true game starts after Peragus and Telos, so I always try to get those out the way ASAP).

Deleted member 7219

It affects all our custom added VO (so Kaevee) and Music (Visas and Sion intro's).

Hmm, so Peragus is ok then? If it is just music that doesn't play when Sion comes in on the ship, I can deal. May as well complete Peragus while waiting for the fix.

Gozma

Arcane
I liked this game a lot and but is there anything in this patch that makes the game more of a challenge? After you got a few levels all the battles got real boring.

No, they're completely mindless on any difficulty. However, it has the nice second order RPG property where sperging a bit makes the battles nearly Might and Magic 3 levels of instantaneous

Deleted member 7219

I liked this game a lot and but is there anything in this patch that makes the game more of a challenge? After you got a few levels all the battles got real boring.

No, they're completely mindless on any difficulty. However, it has the nice second order RPG property where sperging a bit makes the battles nearly Might and Magic 3 levels of instantaneous

Yeah, the point of KOTOR 2 is not really the combat and the aim is to rush through it as quickly as possible, so you can get to the writing and the reactivity.

The combat system didn't change much from KOTOR and wasn't really that tactical... the only way to make it harder would be to nerf damage and increase enemy HP to make them sponges, and that would make things unbearable.

Besides, by the end of the game you are a walking death machine, able to exterminate entire rooms with Force Storm and eliminate enemy Jedi/Sith in one hit with Force Crush.

aratuk

Cipher
Just tried the Mac version, and it's very smooth at high resolution. Aspyr is a pretty great company for doing updates and ports of games. They've been doing ports to Mac since before Macs made the Intel transition – back when porting was really a lot of work. I believe they are also responsible for the port of KOTOR 1 to iOS, so it's thanks to them that I have that game on my phone.

Very happy with this.

lurker3000

Arcane

Yeah, the point of KOTOR 2 is not really the combat and the aim is to rush through it as quickly as possible, so you can get to the writing and the reactivity.

The combat system didn't change much from KOTOR and wasn't really that tactical... the only way to make it harder would be to nerf damage and increase enemy HP to make them sponges, and that would make things unbearable.

Besides, by the end of the game you are a walking death machine, able to exterminate entire rooms with Force Storm and eliminate enemy Jedi/Sith in one hit with Force Crush.

Yeah I know combat isn't the focus. I was just wondering if anyone made it a bit more interesting. But like you said the system wasn't exactly built for deep tactical gameplay. Not that its going to stop me from playing it again.

Keldryn

Arcane
Just tried the Mac version, and it's very smooth at high resolution. Aspyr is a pretty great company for doing updates and ports of games. They've been doing ports to Mac since before Macs made the Intel transition – back when porting was really a lot of work. I believe they are also responsible for the port of KOTOR 1 to iOS, so it's thanks to them that I have that game on my phone.

Very happy with this.

It seems as though Aspyr acquired an ESRB rating for the game on Mac, Linux, and Mobile phone earlier this year. Here's hoping that we'll see an iOS release of KOTOR 2. I played the iOS port of KOTOR a couple of years ago, and it made the move to mobile pretty well. Now that I've jailbroken my iPad mini, I should hopefully be able to add the restored content mod to any future possible KOTOR 2 release.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Yet another game to add to my backlog.

I always enjoyed the fact that you could still get the light side ending as primarily dark side character. It was great having force crush in any playthrough.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Hassat Hunter, the guy on Steam is right, your mod description is ass. (seriously, wtf? it looks like it's cut off)

Just copy-paste an existing description from somewhere if you can't be arsed to write a new one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's... what I did. The introduction section from the readme infact...

Well then, try again:

This mod's intention is to restore much of the content cut from The Sith Lords, that was lost to the main game due to a rush to release the game. This rush also left the game with a plethora of bugs (some of which also blocked out content, so not everything restored was really

That doesn't look complete to me.

Wait, is there a character limit on these descriptions?

Hassat Hunter

Educated
Right, that was definitely not all I added... no wonder.
It's proper now (for the english anyway, going to other languages now)

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
And there I was...wanting to try Pillars of Eternity again, time for KOTOR 2.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So the restoration patch is integrated, or merely "available in Steam community"? Clearly I am too old to know how to install Steam community mods.

deuxhero

Arcane
Not really interested in running KotOR2 again any time soon, but I hope this does well and opens the door for more patches like this (modern OS compatibility for several games would be welcome)

Hassat Hunter

Educated
It's hosted on the Workshop. And installing it is a matter of pressing one green button, excellent for the many many Steam users who somehow messed up our previous installation system (how hard can it be to point at the proper map... rather hard it seems).

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently I have it from a bundle.

I just remembered KotOR2 doesn't have a v-sync independent frame cap option. I'm going to see if there's a way to request it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom