Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Servo

Arcane
Why in every picture/video of this game is there a ton of blood all over the GOD DAMN CAMERA I CANT EVEN SEE A THING ITS SO FUCKING ANNOYNIG

Edit: is it confirmed that there are no actual skills in the game? Or is that an educated guess?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edit: is it confirmed that there are no actual skills in the game? Or is that an educated guess?
If tons of UI shots with no evidence of skills, and abilities that were formerly skills being clearly shown as perks, isn't confirmed enough for ya, then you're not going to know "for sure" for months to come. If Howard didn't admit how far down he dumbed it at E3, he's not going to want to draw attention to it in interviews.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm still tickled pink that my formerly tongue-in-cheek predictions of the final form of Bethesda Softworks "RPG" gameplay—a WHOMP! button, a FIREBALL! button, and WASD to move—actually seems pretty likely at this point.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Watch the E3 video where they're showing weapon customization, I think it's in the bottom right of the UI. The thing that makes me uncomfortable about it is that I never saw a required science score higher than a 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. They've removed skills. The only stats are S-P-E-C-I-A-L and perks now take the place of requirements to build stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I dunno about boring but, at least the way Bethesda implemented them, certainly the most dispensable.

Aoyagi

Scholar
BoS guy: "But... you do have that computer there on your wrist. Maybe you can be useful after all..."
Player [INTELLIGENCE]: "So, my Pip-Boy makes me unique, and you need my help because of that"

Actual lines in Foblivion?

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
^ That. They've removed skills. The only stats are S-P-E-C-I-A-L and perks now take the place of requirements to build stuff.

It looks like skills are not 1-100 anymore, but more in line of 1-2-3-4, where leveling skills falls under perks now (unknown how many perks you choose per level, devil is in this detail).

While choosing to upgrade skill vs other one vs fun perk might be an interesting dynamic imho, Bethesda is sure to screw this one up by showering people in perks so the choice doesn't matter in the end.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Thank you, internet!
8vwIwQH.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh God, Captain Obvious speaking here, I know, but this is gonna be so shit. Now we just have to sit and wait to see with what kind of retarded plot/writing ("my father, middle aged guy, have you seen him? he was out seeking the light and then took an arrow to the knee") they manage to come up with.

:d1p:

loverslab will fix it.

What makes it particularly bad is not the redundant int check, but the fact there's an armless dead vault dweller not far from there (one of the Gary clones, they couldn't get him to cooperate because he was too retarded so they tried to pry it off his arm). You're about as unique as every other guy with a pipboy.

That is creative, I'll give them that.

Yeah, people were giving them shit for not having driveable vehicles in the game but when you're working with an engine that requires you to do this just to have a little cutscene, it's totally understandable.

Also, it's legacy content. :M

http://trainwiz.tumblr.com/post/117155442604/vidya-g-cat-therealzeppy-exploresque

tumblr_nlhd15e60e1rbmp18o3_500.jpg

tumblr_nlhd15e60e1rbmp18o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nlhd15e60e1rbmp18o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nlhd15e60e1rbmp18o4_500.jpg

For those who don’t know, Broken Steel in Fallout 3 has you ride a metro train.

What’s interesting is this isn’t actually a train ride. What it does is forcibly equip the player with a hat, a train hat, that gives them then appearance of a train, and then plays an idle animation that is said train moving. It’s a brilliant if hackey solution.

So I thought “hey, train hat, train armor” and went with it. What this means now is that I am a train.

I find it quite funny, especially that Caesar’s scouts are sending him reports that they’re being slaughtered by a train.

Like a literal train.

Dustin542

Liturgist
The steam boat bow is something you wear during the Point Lookout arrival cutscene.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How is it possible that Todd doesn't age at all? Look at video with oblivion from 10 years ago, he looks the same as now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember reading about the tram hat on the Fallout wiki a long time ago. Funny how the news suddenly broke out now.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron

It looks like skills are not 1-100 anymore, but more in line of 1-2-3-4, where leveling skills falls under perks now (unknown how many perks you choose per level, devil is in this detail).

While choosing to upgrade skill vs other one vs fun perk might be an interesting dynamic imho, Bethesda is sure to screw this one up by showering people in perks so the choice doesn't matter in the end.

It's essentially the same boring implementation of SPECIAL as Fallout 3 only they're acknowledging that they have no idea how to make character systems. Perks were special in the first games because you only got one ever so often. Even Captain Balance understood this and dialed it back from Fallout 3's ridiculous perk every level design. I'm wondering if they're going to space the perk distribution by giving a base stat point at every other level instead since your SPECIAL number looks significantly lower at character creation this time.

I remember reading about the tram hat on the Fallout wiki a long time ago. Funny how the news suddenly broke out now.

Nothing has happened on the internet unless a white american manchild has posted it on Reddit 10 times.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

That would be incredibly easy to fix with mods though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't it more likely that they'll add a ton more perks instead, Skyrim-style?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom