Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News WTF: Knights of the Old Republic II gets new official patch, TSLRCM now available via Steam Workshop

pippin

KotOR 3 incoming?!

Nah, I think they just want to prevent too many refunds from people who bought the game on a whim and based purely on Episode 7 hype.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kotor 3: "by the team that brought you the 10-years-later-patch to a game they didn't make!"

It's Beamdog all over again.

Maybe they can get Avellone to give some comments so all the fanboys/girls come running.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
wasn't KOTOR 2 super buggy and unfinished at the end of its patch cycle? high-rez patches are nice and all, but I don't wanna throw myself into a broken game =\ or did fan patches clean a lot of that up?

Stinger

Arcane
TSLRCM is also a bugfixing patch.

With this new patch + TSLRCM there is really no reason for anyone to call the game buggy or unfinished anymore.

I've played Kotor 2 with the most recent TSLRCM version and it is done and extremely stable. I think I remember maybe one CtD while playing it.

I personally wouldn't recommend the M4-78 planet for anyone wondering as it really slows the pacing to a crawl and while it's impressive that the team built it from such limited assets and information it really isn't all that good. I'd also recommend people to actually put thought into building Hk-47 because while the majority of the game is stupidly easy and there's a pretty long section where you have to solo as HK and it can be frustratingly hard if you just go autopilot while levelling him.

Shin

Cipher
Cool, free shit. Does this work if you have a retail CD?

I wonder when n-Space is going to make a new KotOR game. Or when Beamdog does KotOR: EE. Obsidian will probably get screwed out of the next Fallout spin-off as well, mark my words.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I cannot recommend this game, or rather, the writing in this game, enough to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Arguably MCA's best work, even though that is a bit of a controversial statement here. Many ideas from PS:T, refined and honed to a sharp point.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Probably part of the overall media blitz up to the release of episode vii. With swtor also getting a huge redesign and update, and all the new game releases

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Kotor 2 sales spiked on steam and once again you can see it on the list.

It has more players than planetside 2 or modern warfare 3 :salute:

Black

Arcane
Question: do you guys think this kind of thing could realistically become standard? From the $$$ standpoint, the game is now one of Steam's topsellers for ~8 bucks/yuro, and AFAIK the topseller list takes into consideration the amount of $$$ people spent on game, not how many copies it sold.
So it brought whomever owns KOTOR 2 now a fair bit of gold and all that for some cheevos (!!!) and patching.
Do you think other old games would also start selling anew if they got a face lift and some patching?
Can jet fuel really melt steel beams?

Bonerbill

Augur
Aspyr makes some excellent Linux and Mac ports, so it's no surprise they added some nice goodies and updates for the Windows, Mac, and Linux version of the game.

Now hopefully they'll make an update for the KOTOR 1 on the PC. The mobile port was excellent.

What a genius fucking update, they integrate what existing mods can do and add achievements. People buy it in masses.

Not that it's nothing new considering all the old games with only dosbox launchers, they wouldn't get even a fraction of the money if they'd sell straight up dos versions, people seem to love easy access.
Maybe those poor bastards like playing games instead of modding them.

I'm tempted to buy it myself now, even if all the money goes to Disney only

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What a genius fucking update, they integrate what existing mods can do and add achievements. People buy it in masses.

Not that it's nothing new considering all the old games with only dosbox launchers, they wouldn't get even a fraction of the money if they'd sell straight up dos versions, people seem to love easy access.

Restored content mod should be integrated it has so many fixes it should be mandatory.

Restored content mod should be integrated it has so many fixes it should be mandatory.

Well it's couple of clicks away, I doubt that is too hard even for people of today. I'm sure vanillatards would go crazy too if they implemented restored content.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can this patch be applied to the disc/non-steam version? I know it had an update you could run through the launcher, anything there?

Does anyone know where I can see a list of all the Kreia predictions that you get at the end (pretty much the game's ending slides) and what causes them? I think most companions have a different prediction based on their alignment at the end, and a few of the planets get different fates based on who you sided with during their main quests. Managed to see what I think is most of them from a few youtube videos + my own saves that I have on this computer, but I am specifically looking for a dark side Visas one, if anyone remembers (entirely possible it's the same, Mandalore's).

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can this patch be applied to the disc/non-steam version? I know it had an update you could run through the launcher, anything there?

Does anyone know where I can see a list of all the Kreia predictions that you get at the end (pretty much the game's ending slides) and what causes them? I think most companions have a different prediction based on their alignment at the end, and a few of the planets get different fates based on who you sided with during their main quests. Managed to see what I think is most of them from a few youtube videos + my own saves that I have on this computer, but I am specifically looking for a dark side Visas one, if anyone remembers (entirely possible it's the same, Mandalore's).

http://deadlystream.com/

Ninjerk

Arcane
I cannot recommend this game, or rather, the writing in this game, enough to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Arguably MCA's best work, even though that is a bit of a controversial statement here. Many ideas from PS:T, refined and honed to a sharp point.
I thought this post was going to make me rage at first.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I thought this post was going to make me rage at first.

I would even say the writing in Kotor 2 is better than in PS:T. I wonder what went horribly wrong with PoE and the 'Ajjykuularrooetooe' writing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom