Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News WTF: Knights of the Old Republic II gets new official patch, TSLRCM now available via Steam Workshop

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
MCA didn't write PoE by himself.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
oh, hey, it's just a patch, not a new edition for repurchase? that's pretty cool.

Deleted member 7219

Hassat Hunter do you know if the VO and music issue has been fixed, and are there any other TSLRCM issues you're aware of?

Hassat Hunter

Educated
Well it's couple of clicks away, I doubt that is too hard even for people of today.
Obviously you haven't been reading the comments on the workshop version.

I even edited the description to explicitely state what to do, but you can bet no-one even reads that then just goes "WAH" on the comments.
Can this patch be applied to the disc/non-steam version? I know it had an update you could run through the launcher, anything there?
Nope. Steam only, GOG probably coming later.
Does anyone know where I can see a list of all the Kreia predictions that you get at the end (pretty much the game's ending slides) and what causes them?
Just open 904kreia with the dialogue editor ;)
Hassat Hunter do you know if the VO and music issue has been fixed, and are there any other TSLRCM issues you're aware of?
Nope, nothing yet. There's also an issue with the Linux version crashing (if you use the Workshop), already fixed but just waiting for stuff to go 'live'

Why.jpeg

Learned
Good to see. KOTOR 2 has flaws even with all the bugfixes and restored content patches floating around out there but the game is tasty morsel. Also expressing the opinion the droid planet the restoration mod brings to the game devolves into an absolute fucking chore and is super fucking mind numbing. Environment is way too sterile and honestly fighting droids was never really engaging for me. I do respect the effort of the team involved in making it but they really should have made it much fucking shorter. The patch is still worth it for the rest of the content it restores, I just really wish they made that damn droid planet about half the length.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good to see. KOTOR 2 has flaws even with all the bugfixes and restored content patches floating around out there but the game is tasty morsel. Also expressing the opinion the droid planet the restoration mod brings to the game devolves into an absolute fucking chore and is super fucking mind numbing. Environment is way too sterile and honestly fighting droids was never really engaging for me. I do respect the effort of the team involved in making it but they really should have made it much fucking shorter. The patch is still worth it for the rest of the content it restores, I just really wish they made that damn droid planet about half the length.

The droid planet is not part of the restoration mod, it's separate.

Why.jpeg

Learned

The droid planet is not part of the restoration mod, it's separate.
I must be confusing my content mods, my bad. Haven't played KOTOR 2 in a while. Well if this does indeed drop the droid planet it and keeps the rest of the restored content I would strongly recommend this mod then.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Droid planet is not worth it, it's clearly an amateur job and doesnt fit at all with the rest of the game in terms of quality and design. I recommend that people skip installing it and just stick with the restored content mod.

Starwars

Arcane
The HK factory is part of the restoration mod though and while HK-47 has some nice lines there, it is pretty damn atrocious gameplay wise. Even moreso than the rest of the game (which is saying something).

eremita

Savant
Maybe they're gonna make HD editions? I would definitely buy it for 20 bucks, KOTORs are just painfully ugly. I'm not a graphic whore, but those games are victims of that early "it's 3D!!!" times like NWN, Dungeon Siege, Van Buren... Funny how old it got, yet Planecape remains one of the most beautiful game to date.

darthaegis

Cipher
The HK factory is part of the restoration mod though and while HK-47 has some nice lines there, it is pretty damn atrocious gameplay wise. Even moreso than the rest of the game (which is saying something).
Yeah I just end up running around to get the HK-51s to turn on the HK-50.

Gozma

Arcane
I had to turn off the framebuffer effects (notably: the stealth invisibility effect) to make it not crash when I played it with a non-commercial widescreen mod recently. Newly patched steam version works out of the box.

valcik

Arcane
A game based on D20 system badly needs hexagon grid, isometric perspective, and turn-based combat system, so we could play it like a civilized men. Doesn't matter how many bugs they've fixed otherwise, it's still the same consolitis riddled crap with rage inducing gameplay.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You should think of Kotor 1 and 2 as Ultima 7. The combat is awful but it's so easy that it's over in 2 seconds so you might as well not consider it part of the game.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I am glad the game is getting this attention. It means while it had its problems, It really is one of the best Star Wars games ever, and Kreya sounded much more like a Bene Gesserit than a Jedi. Which makes sense.
Looking back and playing it again was kinda boring, but nevertheless I really like its characters and villains.

I would fucking love another decent star wars rpg.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I'm not a graphic whore
KOTORs are just painfully ugly.
Something tells me you're lying.

disliking bad visual style != being obsessed with polygon count, as eremita pointed out. and the visual style of the KOTOR games is bland and unmemorable.

You should think of Kotor 1 and 2 as Ultima 7. The combat is awful but it's so easy that it's over in 2 seconds so you might as well not consider it part of the game.

this is how I play almost all RPGs. you can gimp the combat eventually. take your conversational stats, dump your physical stats and flail wildly in fights, you'll get through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom