Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Esquilax

Arcane
That was a joke. :lol:

But now this will no doubt cause an avalanche of flops, as the Slacker Pervert choice before it did, leading us to into playing as a lazy, lecherous, lust-filled homosexual half-angel who occasionally endures the chore of having sex with a woman to ensure that his race of gay half-angels don't go extinct.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm not a bored middle-aged American housewife.
And see how you've suffered for it? *tsk tsk* :M

edit: maybe this will be more your speed:
97438-1343242049.jpg

Anime-Angel-Girl-with-Wings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

Arcane
What are the common traits and behaviors of the species we can choose from?

Well, you're supposed to be surprised and adapt to the traits of a non-human body as you go along, since you've literally never been a tumblrkin before. You don't have any real knowledge of what you're getting into, it's part and parcel of the transformation aspect of the plot. Unless you pick baby, in which case you definitely know that zero bowel control is in your foreseeable future.

Provided no fuckups happen leading to an early horrible death, could the plot here last long enough in its internal timeline for the baby genius to grow up into an adult?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What are the common traits and behaviors of the species we can choose from?

Well, you're supposed to be surprised and adapt to the traits of a non-human body as you go along, since you've literally never been a tumblrkin before. You don't have any real knowledge of what you're getting into, it's part and parcel of the transformation aspect of the plot. Unless you pick baby, in which case you definitely know that zero bowel control is in your foreseeable future.

Provided no fuckups happen leading to an early horrible death, could the plot here last long enough in its internal timeline for the baby genius to grow up into an adult?

Yes. Since the main cast are non-humans with a lengthy lifespan, the internal timeline can be measured in decades at least.

*sigh* Ok. OK. FINE! In order to avoid the faggotry of E, I am going to put the overbaby in front of it. Enter lambchop flop number 1 billion:
F>VAMP>D>E>B

edited

Last edited by a moderator:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I was just joking. Though being a muscular Gayngel trying not to succumb to his lust-boner for men sounds interesting too.

Oh, well I'm changing back then. Parrots and winks, bro. We've had this conversation. :M ;)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Updated spell list, and I suppose we can close the votes and call it for E so that we can begin to LARP Touched by a Gayngel like you guys always wanted. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Updated spell list
Can we learn how mana and spells interact? An overbaby coudn't cast Ultimate spells because of a low Mana stat, but we as a hero could cast an S spell while having Mana at rank B. Repeatedly, even. Does it mean that, as an angel with a B++ rank, we can be even better at this?

Also, our lightning spells suck balls with the notable exception of Gigadyne. :M Should have went for a reality tear - maybe there would be more unorthodox ones.

we can begin to LARP Touched by a Gayngel like you guys always wanted.
I only hope that I could hold back my tears for long enough to see Lambchop explode from rage. :salute:

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I only hope that I could hold back my tears for long enough to see Lambchop explode from rage. :salute:

No, there is only one thing that can be done to truly make Lambchop explode from rage. The angel choice will irritate him slightly but not as much as this. *ahem* Here goes:

Guys, I think we should let bygones be bygones and make amends with Kyle Theseus the moment we get a chance to. After all, had we not betrayed our friends and made him so jealous at us, he wouldn't have killed us. I'm sure that if we apologize, he'll welcome us back with open arms and we can trust each other again. So the next time we get the chance to do so, we should announce our presence and do whatever we can to get into his good graces again. Who's with me? I'm sure that you'll unanimously agree with me, but I'm just putting this out there to make sure.

wjw

Augur
I like Doppleganger. The mana explode looks powerfull too.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No, there is only one thing that can be done to truly make Lambchop explode from rage. The angel choice will irritate him slightly but not as much as this. *ahem* Here goes:
No, nonono. It won't do at all. Are we a Gayngel or not?

Not only should we make amends with Kyle, but we also need to realize the fact that he did what he did out of love, as befits the Theseus. We have to acknowledge it and reciprocate. We will renounce our lecherous way, forget about demonic tits and settle down with our true and only love. :love:

It is the only way. :salute:

I like Doppleganger. The mana explode looks powerfull too.
Yeah, but those didn't come from our specialization... I think. :?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It'll turn out that our angelic form is actually the most inhuman of them all

gravityglitch_ophanim.jpg

Wait, that looks like an infant is in the centre. Angel Overbaby!

wjw

Augur
The mana explode looks in sync with our absorbing halo. I wonder if there is a way to disrupt our angelic halo/manafeed/shield OPness...We 'll probably find out the hars way in +50 updates.

Esquilax

Arcane
I hope that angels aren't inherently good in this setting.

Well, judging by the fact that we've gotten some hint that these goddesses who guide the fates of man are cunts to some extent, I'm guessing that no, angels aren't inherently good in this setting.

Baltika9

Arcane
I hope that angels aren't inherently good in this setting.

Well, judging by the fact that we've gotten some hint that these goddesses who guide the fates of man are cunts to some extent, I'm guessing that no, angels aren't inherently good in this setting.
The three goddesses are actually rival overlords who were just snuffing out competition.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Can we learn how mana and spells interact? An overbaby coudn't cast Ultimate spells because of a low Mana stat, but we as a hero could cast an S spell while having Mana at rank B. Repeatedly, even. Does it mean that, as an angel with a B++ rank, we can be even better at this?

Do not take these as important numbers for calculation, they are just an approximation of what the system would be like if in numbers. In fact, forget about these numbers after you read them. In general, you can imagine it as something like this:

MP
409600 S
245760 A+++
163840 A++
122880 A+
102400 A
61440 B+++
40960 B++
30720 B+
25600 B
15360 C+++
10240 C++
7680 C+
6400 C
3840 D+++
2560 D++
1920 D+
1600 D
960 E+++
640 E++
480 E+
400 E
240 F+++
160 F++
120 F+
100 F

MP Cost/Spell Rank
S >5000
A <5000
B <2000
C <1000
D <200
E <50
F <10

tl;dr just know that spells of higher rank generally cost more mana, and if you attempt a spell with more mana cost than you have, bad things happen to you. Of course, there are exceptions, and Gigadyne is one of the exceptions in that the mana cost scales with the amount of lightning you are generating. You'll get a rough idea of how fatigued you are when relevant.
Also, our lightning spells suck balls with the notable exception of Gigadyne. :M Should have went for a reality tear - maybe there would be more unorthodox ones.

Generic spells aren't as good as custom spells. Even if you went with another signature spell, you'd get generic stuff like Telekinesis or Summon Skeleton.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom