Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apparently D3 is really fun on consoles if you're sitting on a couch with friends. There is a dodge button and uniques drop left and right. Trouble with D3 is Blizzard never had any idea what game they were trying to make, then ultimately half-assed it to get it out the door.

Lhynn

Arcane
No, D3 is really fun on consoles because nothing is actually fun on consoles by comparison, at least no current gen ones.

Veelq

Augur
GltMIVK.png

Yes he does.

Aothan

Magister
I discovered today that more than one wandering spirit can use the same unit

have now started using a shield and thus can use Tempest Shield which is really quite powerful as a result of the various elemental nodes so far selected. Mind over Matter is helping considerably as well but I will need to increase mana substantially soon and if possible stop using Clarity so that I can include Grace as an additional aura.

T. Reich

Arcane
Frankly, if you're using MoM, clarity is an absolute must-have aura, because you want your mana pool (which now also doubles as 30% of hp pool) to refill as fast as possible.
If you don't have mana to use skills - the mobs can't be killed - means they keep attacking you - means they keep emptying your mana pool - means you'll be dead soon.

Aothan

Magister
this is why I want to try and increase mana enough that Grace would serve a similar function, even 35%-40% evasion in melee will considerably help, but of course if mana regeneration is not enough then the very purpose would be defeated. Yet already having 85% mana regeneration is a start to trying to see whether Clarity can be safely exchanged for Grace. There is also another 60% combined regeneration in adjoining nodes, or I could venture across the middle of the tree to the Dreamer notable, which is useful for the additional pathways nearby (Energy Shield and Life, Attack, Cast and Move speed combined, reduced reserved mana etc).

Clarity has been necessary and still becomes useful at times but this is still with a noticeable limitation on optimal mana levels, if I can increase total mana then regeneration could potentially work.

I also found out that the Energy Within jewel does not work on hybrid defence nodes, which I suppose would mean it can only be applied to armour nodes without any other defensive types. This means the jewel area immediately below the Templar would most likely be the surer choice, because the 50% notable further to the left would only give the same approximately amount of Energy Shield but for a greater number of skill points. Of course if one was branching into the highly effective nodes there that would be a natural choice but I would mostly prefer to focus on moving into the Energy Shield wheel above the Scion and across to the notables on the other side.

Lhynn

Arcane
oh, im a dual wielder and have a relentless fury on my bank, i will try the next time i feel like playing it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Hopefully its that good. my problem is that i dont have a good skill for dual wielding with a stat stick. Im taking recommendations

Gerrard

Arcane
I was having fun in Warbands until I ran across a group of 3 that I just could not kill because of their ridiculous regen/life leech. Talk about out of level shit.
:butthurt:

LeJosh

Savant
Who has a Tempest character going?

I'm currently 55 with a Cyclone duelist w/ Blood Magic/Iron Reflexes. Cruel is a cakewalk so far and the only "oh shit" moment I've had is Malachai normal who got me to half health and that's about it.

I got a fucking Kaom's strongbox and that was my hardest fight so far, thing only dropped the shitty Coral Ring.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Is the game still about stacking hp nodes and yellow garbage with resistances plus autocast immortal call else you die instantly?

LeJosh

Savant
Almost, they have disallowed Immortal Call with CwDT since Awakening. High HP is a necessity as usual, 50%+ resists are the comfortable region.

There is a massive difficulty disparity between Act 4 bosses and the rest of the game, I've mostly concerned myself with only those bosses - due to that - I have no problems with Act 1 through 3.

For reference I had 1.5k HP with 5k Armor for Malachai normal and I would lose around a 3rd of health depending on which move of his had hit me.

Piety's superbeam actually did barely any damage but I may have over tanked by then.

Aothan

Magister
it's possible to leap over the beam, there may be other skills that can be used to avoid the same

as to Evasion, it remains to be seen, by memory I can easily achieve around 35% with the aura, which is substantial in addition to around 30% block and combined Armour and Energy Shield. I'm still trying to see how effective Cast on Melee can become, the new item properties that add elemental types to spells could certainly prove useful to those ends.

made

Arcane
Hopefully its that good. my problem is that i dont have a good skill for dual wielding with a stat stick. Im taking recommendations
Ice Crash will only ever attack with the MH, regardless of what you put in the OH. Much like Reave it also counters melee's biggest disadvantage: melee range.

T. Reich

Arcane
Almost, they have disallowed Immortal Call with CwDT since Awakening. High HP is a necessity as usual, 50%+ resists are the comfortable region.

Cwdt with IC still works, it's EC that was disabled, because no it (and other similar new skills) are tagged "warcry", not "spell". IC had its own cooldown increased to 3s and had its potential duration nerfed a lot (previously 10s IC was feasible with certain investments, now 4s is already a fairly hard duration to get).

LeJosh

Savant
You're right but it is technically worse to try and maintain endurance charges. Warlord's Mark maybe?

T. Reich

Arcane
Yes, it's a pretty popular choice of a curse for melee chars atm, given both the fact that it gives Echarges, and the fact that it gives a good deal of leech after the 2.0.0 leech nerf.

One of the more interesting cursing melee combos I've seen is not cwdt+curse, but vengeance/rekoning+curse on hit+curse (+optional increased aoe/life gain on hit), since it allows for similarly fast cursing, but your curse is not limited by cwdt gem level.

Radech

Augur
Yes, it's a pretty popular choice of a curse for melee chars atm, given both the fact that it gives Echarges, and the fact that it gives a good deal of leech after the 2.0.0 leech nerf.

One of the more interesting cursing melee combos I've seen is not cwdt+curse, but vengeance/rekoning+curse on hit+curse (+optional increased aoe/life gain on hit), since it allows for similarly fast cursing, but your curse is not limited by cwdt gem level.

Used that for awhile wasn't really satisfied with the results, as it didn't seem to procc often enough with vengeance(2-hand cycloner with unwavering stance), and I really needed the mana leech(main reason for going warlords mark) - maybe it's because I tend to stun enemies a lot, but It doesn't seem to procc more often than my cwdt which is around 2400 damage.

currently running it in a 4-link with my leap slam supporting it with echarge on stun(and faster attacks for leap slam), there's never enough sockets :( - maybe I should reconsider my 5-link heavy strike, but it's just soooooo effective for party tanking with empire's grasp.

Btw my solution for endurance charges is pretty much overkill - leap slam + vengeance with echarge on melee stun, self cast enduring cry and self cast warlords mark(though this is mainly for leech on bosses), keeping endurance charges up all the time is pretty easy, if you use a high level cwdt+ic combo, when it proccs seldomly enough that you can always enduring cry right after it(very nice for those ele weakness maps as well).

btw I don't really find leech to be nerfed(vaal pact maybe), but moreso changed, It's the first time I'm running a cycloner without life on hit, and it's pretty damn effective, though I suppose it's harder to sustain bigger slower attacks(without serious investment into max leech per second leech per something % something)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom