Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Also, please rationalize your reasoning if B wins and D becomes a secondary reason.

I just want to hear you spin a tale how Kyle is to blame for all of mankind's problems. :lol:
Not necessary as B & D have blame assigned within the choices.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At the moment all this means is that you blame the Goddesses more than you do Kyle for her death.
I am fine with this interpretation, but I am also fairly sure this isn't what about half of E voters mean, and I bet this is the thing that triggers Lambchop. :lol:

I am fine with not assigning blame for now, and just choosing things that bother me. That interpretation should be alright, since we would still have to clarify our position later.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I am fine with this interpretation, but I am also fairly sure this isn't what about half of E voters mean, and I bet this is the thing that triggers Lambchop. :lol:

Hm, what if I explicitly refer to being angry specifically at the people who killed Mieren? It would not cover the other half of the voters that are not out for Kyle's blood, but they should probably be covered with A for that one.

Alternately, I do away with the secondary reasons altogether and have a decision on who to blame later on.

Nevill

Arcane
Hm, what if I explicitly refer to being angry specifically at the people who killed Mieren?
That... would probably be better than what we have now, and - I think that - people really feel that way, based on what 'angry' voters were going for.

The resurrection I used as an example of 'blameless' conflict resolution is implausible anyway, so this is bound to end up with us confronting our party members. Everyone knows it.

Alternately, I do away with the secondary reasons altogether and have a decision on who to blame later on.
I agree with Nevill that this is better than what we have now. It's also the best solution I can think of as it wouldn't require everyone changing their votes to a new system.

Nevill

Arcane
It's also the best solution I can think of as it wouldn't require everyone changing their votes to a new system.
It still fucks up the secondary votes, though.

But the general intent I get from the votes is to be pissed at Mieren's murderers - the party and the Goddesses who 'approved' of such an act. And maybe a little bit about how we were made to draw the short end of the stick.

With a sprinkle of self-consciousness as we realize that we are partly to blame for what happened, and a light dose of general butthurt.

Baltika9

Arcane
I am fine with keeping the question of who or what exactly is at fault for her death - if anyone - open until later.
Exactly. As far as perception goes, this has just happened. Mieren got killed, we got nuked and then we wake up in the garden. A normal person (ehum) would be angry at what happened right now, probably at everyone and everything, himself included. But it's way too early to start assigning specific blame. What we have right now works: we pick a general source of ANGER and then decide how to deal with them later.

Nevill

Arcane
What we have right now works: we pick a general source of ANGER and then decide how to deal with them later.
That works, too, but I have several sources to draw from. :M

By what I see of the votes, people ignore the 'single reason' rule and list several reasons anyway. Our FFFFUUU~ will not be contained! :lol:
Lambchop19 D>E B A>C (was also pissed at the Goddesses in the initial vote)
Random Word E B B (was also pissed at the Goddesses and Kingdoms in the initial vote)
asxetos G B B>D
Nevill A B A>B (was also pissed at mankind and Mieren's death in the initial vote)
m4davis E B A
Smashing Axe H B D>B (was pissed at the Goddesses, Kingdoms and Mieren's death in the initial vote)
Kz3r0 E B C
Absinthe x x D>B
Azira E>G>A A D
Jester E B D>B
LWC1996 E A B>A
Elfberserker E B A
Rex Feral E B D>A
profreshinal A>C B B
lightbane E>D B A
Baltika9 E>G>D B A>D
Esquilax A>E A B
Grimgravy G B A
oscar A B D
Kipeci G>E B A
archaen A B D
ScubaV A B B>A
Tigranes C B B
Quetzacoatl E A C

A - 5
C - 1
D - 1
E - 12
G - 3
H - 1

A - 4
B - 19

A - 8 (9)
B - 7 (10)
C - 2
D - 7 (3)

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Jeez, perhaps it's just me, but I beleive you people are over-thinking this way too much. Mieren was the closest thing our character had to a love interest/close female friend, but she was murdered. We also kind of blew it (literally) and lost most of our body and earned our former companions' ire. As such, our character's main sources of anger should be mostly with Mieren's death and her murderers, along with a bit of himself for not seeing this shit coming. Going from there to BEING ANGRY WITH EVERYTHING RAARGH!! is not only quite overkill but also out of character, for not to mention it comes more with the territory of generic jrpg villains and certain insufferable manga characters.

Also, treave, I say you go forward with all of the gayngelic changes I'd mentioned before as soon as possible, just for the lulz and/or to piss off people. We'll have to watch out if we encounter giant horned robots golems in the future, though.

Last edited:

Lambchop19 H>D B A>C (was also pissed at the Goddesses and Mieren's death in the initial vote)
Flop to straight D>E. Btw, I am not pissed at the goddesses and I don't want H, that was just a whim.

Nevill

Arcane
Flop to straight D>E. I am not pissed at the goddesses and I don't want H, that was just a whim.
Suit yourself, but I am not crossing your earlier vote out. ;)

Also, you say that now, but...
I guess you are right that they are partially responsible though and I'm fully willing to lump them into our plans (again though, vengeance is not a top priority - even though I am pissed).
As for motivations: harem, killing Kyle and the others (except the 7/10 chick who will "work off" her debt in our harem), war against HEAVANZ (for harem enlargement mostly), ruling the world in order to make a mandatory laziness day.
the Internet doesn't forget! :obviously:

The HEAVANZ have reduced our harem and they shall recompense!

I will switch to A since I am not covered by the part of E that just wants Kyle brought to justice. I aim my FFFFUUU~ higher!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now that I'm not on mobile, I will address this in more depth. :M:butthurt::M

I can't see how our anger would be directed at Kyle's identical brother if we know he is Kyle's brother and not Kyle. And if we don't know, isn't that a testament to the fact that our feelings are directed at Kyle and friends?

Just like a vet with PTSD getting TRIGGERED over fireworks that he knows are fireworks, the traumatized angelkin too can get TRIGGERED in a similar manner.

I see the T-word mentioned often, but even if we get agitated, it doesn't mean we are going to lash out against the trigger indiscriminately which is what Lambchop was hinting at with his little scene.

Yes, I never implied that to be the case, nor have I even implied that you will be unable to control your character once certain words are mentioned. You choose how to react. No matter what the source of anger is, how you react is entirely up to you.

Do I make sense?

Right. That was my intent in having the Mieren option be without a target for blame. You are angry about it, and you have not really decided how to be angry about it, or what to do about it just yet. All of that can be decided later as events unfold and you learn more about the world.

When I say:

Mieren's death is a major trigger, in the sense that you might not hate the people that caused it, but if they taunt you with it, you're going to spank them hard.

'Might not hate' does not mean 'do not hate'. There is a small chance you might not hate them. That means there is the option not to blame them for it, though most people would take the option to do so anyway. I also used the word taunt, which I use again later:

I was more thinking random sub-villain #21 who taunts you about your companions' death.

This should establish that the the intent behind the choice does not refer only to Mieren's death, but also the circumstances in which her death are brought up, within reason. This applies to every choice offered. Or can we strawman it by claiming the character is going to go into a frenzy whenever the Goddesses are mentioned, even if it is merely to discuss how they are oppressing the menz?

I just don't really like when we can accidentally choose to lock our character into feeling a certain way that limits or dictated our future actions. That's why I suggested an anger scale - because I don't want something like Nevill outlined where we are forced to kill or try to kill based on how we supposedly feel and I want to at least control it to a degree.

So it does not in anyway lock you into deciding that Kyle is not to blame at all, and that you will get angry at any mention of Mieren's death regardless of the circumstances. I could hardly understand how this interpretation came about.

The things that make us angry aren't things that "trigger" us (god I hate that fucking word) rather, they are things that motivate us.

The word TRIGGER is TRIGGERING. :M

But yes, I never planned to have you guys fly into some incontrollable rage over the choices that won whenever they were brought up. I have no idea why anyone would think that. Being angry doesn't mean you have to act on that anger at all.

because of that, treave is taking it as us being angry AT anyone who mentions it.

Am I? No. I am not. I have never said such a thing, and just because you are TRIGGERED by the injustice inherent in the system choices doesn't mean you get to claim that. :M

1. You can feel angry.
2. You can recognize that the anger is unwarranted.
3. You can control your anger.
4. You can choose not to act on it.

It would take more than a single choice to turn your character into an unstoppable rage monster over certain TRIGGERS. You would have to purposely build him that way. Will you? I don't know, but that's up to you.

It still fucks up the secondary votes, though.

In this case, the secondary votes would be votes like Grimgravy's, who saw one option was running away with it and decided to vote for something else to get it represented. Perhaps it would be more inclusive to just rule out any option without a single vote, even counting conditionals, as something we do not feel unhappy about. At the moment I think that would be B and F.

we pick a general source of ANGER

A. Anger at abuse of ultimate power and responsibility.
B. Anger at the foolishness and complacence of life.
C. Anger at the eagerness of man to impose their will upon others.
D. Anger at your personal betrayal.
E. Anger at your friend's untimely death.
F. Anger at forced circumstances.
G. Anger at your own shortcomings.
H. Anger at everything?

JAlso, treave, I say you go forward with all of the gayngelic changes I'd mentioned before as soon as possible, just for the lulz and/or to piss off people. We'll have to watch out if we encounter giant horned robots golems in the future, though.

First we need to find that 14-year old boy. :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The word TRIGGER is TRIGGERING. :M
The word trigger has been made meaningless through inapproptiate use. Everyone imagines a tumblrina right away.

So what I get out of this is that we treat these themes as a bunch of pressure points which are going to bother us and prompt a reaction from us. I can relate to that.

It would take more than a single choice to turn your character into an unstoppable rage monster over certain TRIGGERS. You would have to purposely build him that way. Will you?
I imagine the misunderstanding stems from 'anger' being too powerful a word to describe our feelz when 'irritated' and 'bothered' would do just as well.

When the same word means a clenched fist with a forced smile and an unstoppable rage there might be room for misinterpretation. Besides, I still treat this choice as assigning a motivation behind our future actions, so it makes it harder for me to recognize the 'not to act on it' angle (as I choose it specifically to be able to act on it). :)

Perhaps it would be more inclusive to just rule out any option without a single vote, even counting conditionals, as something we do not feel unhappy about.
Well, the general sentiment has somewhat cleared up, so it becomes a case of 'how do we count the votes so that they would match the result'. :)

Right now we have this on the feelz scale:
A. Anger at abuse of ultimate power and responsibility. - moderate
B. Anger at the foolishness and complacence of life. - non-existent
C. Anger at the eagerness of man to impose their will upon others. - mild
D. Anger at your personal betrayal. - mild???
E. Anger at your friend's untimely death. - strong
F. Anger at forced circumstances. - non-existent
G. Anger at your own shortcomings. - mild
H. Anger at everything? - miniscule
The only muddy point for me is whether we think we were 'betrayed unjustly', or does our anger with the former comrades come from our friend's death. But I guess it isn't all that important.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The word trigger has been made meaningless through inapproptiate use. Everyone imagines a tumblrina right away.

So what I get out of this is that we treat these themes as a bunch of pressure points which are going to bother us and prompt a reaction from us. I can relate to that.

They'll bother you, but they'll also be something that motivates you. Whether a reaction is forthcoming or not would tend to be your choice, of course. You might not always want to give them the pleasure of responding.

I suppose as Baltika said, source would have been a better word to use.

The only muddy point for me is whether we think we were 'betrayed unjustly', or does our anger with the former comrades come from our friend's death. But I guess it isn't all that important.

From the votes, I would think the latter would be more important. Here's how it'd look like:

Anyone calling you a traitor who deserved what you got, you wouldn't be happy, but you'd probably shrug it off and deal with it.

Anyone saying Mieren deserved what she got, you'd be angered by it, and people may notice. When the halo on your head starts turning black. :M

I suppose how common the latter is depends on how Kyle told the story when he got back. Was it a story of you as the consummate traitor killing your comrades, and then him putting you to justice? Or did he paint Mieren as a traitor too?

Anyone calling you a traitor who deserved what you got, you wouldn't be happy, but you'd probably shrug it off and deal with it.

Anyone saying Mieren deserved what she got, you'd be angered by it, and people may notice. When the halo on your head starts turning black. :M

I suppose how common the latter is depends on how Kyle told the story when he got back. Was it a story of you as the consummate traitor killing your comrades, and then him putting you to justice? Or did he paint Mieren as a traitor too?
That's fair. Also, I have a feeling that the halo might be bad when it comes to hiding how we feel about things... :M

Nevill

Arcane
Anyone calling you a traitor who deserved what you got, you'd probably shrug it off and deal with it.
So far we've got FREEDUMB, a 10/10 tits for a companion, and a bunch of followers. Oh, and a bitching halo. I'd say we could be worse off.

Nevill

Arcane
I have a few questions about the rules and stats.

We have our stats listed in the first page, with additional bonuses from various abilities in the brackets. But isn't halo that grants us the ability inseparable from our body? Why have a separate ability for what could be a part of our sheet right away? :| I guess that is what SPOILERS were about. :M

What do the numbers in the brackets mean for Rin? What abilities grant her these? I imagine her wrath aura augments her physical stats, so the angrier she is, the better she fights. Might have to troll her a bit before a battle then. :lol:

But what about agility or magical stats?
Rinnefiela Kimaris
Lv. 35 Demon Princess
Vitality: A
Mana: C
Physical Attack: C+++ (B+)
Physical Defense: B+ (B+++)
Magical Attack: E (E+)
Magical Defense: B (B+)
Agility: C+++ (B+)
Charisma: B

Abilities:
Demonic Eyes of Mystic Perception
Wrath of the Demonblood
Greater Shadowform Armament
Essentially what I am trying to ask is: if a character has an skill that provides an increase to their stats, what can prompt them to fight at a lower level of ability? What can 'disable' such skills?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We have our stats listed in the first page, with additional bonuses from various abilities in the brackets. But isn't halo that grants us the ability inseparable from our body? Why have a separate ability for what could be a part of our sheet right away? :| I guess that is what SPOILERS were about. :M

It is a separate ability because it can be further developed to various effects.

What do the numbers in the brackets mean for Rin? What abilities grant her these? I imagine her wrath aura augments her physical stats, so the angrier she is, the better she fights. Might have to troll her a bit before a battle then. :lol:

But what about agility or magical stats?

Physical and agility boost comes from wrath. The minor magic boost comes from her eyes.

Essentially what I am trying to ask is: if a character has an skill that provides an increase to their stats, what can prompt them to fight at a lower level of ability? What can 'disable' such skills?

Do you mean them willingly fighting at a lower level, or being forced to do so by having their abilities disabled? For the former, they only need to hold back, for the latter, there are other spells and abilities that can affect the outcome.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A - 5
B - 0
C - 1
D - 1
E - 12
F - 0
G - 3
H - 1

A - 4
B - 19

A - 8
B - 7
C - 2
D - 7

Post-flop:

if 3B flops:
A - 10
B - 4
C - 2
D - 8

if 3D flops:
A - 9
B - 10
C - 2
D - 3

Nevill

Arcane
Post-flop:

if 3B flops:
A - 10
B - 4
C - 2
D - 8

if 3D flops:
A - 9
B - 10
C - 2
D - 3
I think the most logical way to solve flops is to look at it this way:

There are 3 contenders, A, B and D. A is in the lead, so it is either A vs B or A vs D.

Flops exist as a statement: "if my option doesn't win, consider me voting for another option that I would like to win instead".

If no flops occur, A wins. If 3B flops, A still wins, so these flops don't actually affect anything. So there is no reason for B to flop.

Ergo, one should consider only 3D flops.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Scouting Party

Two days after your arrival at the goblin village, some scouts return from the remnants of the ruins. Rin had sent them out to scavenge whatever they could from the detritus left behind by the arrival of her father’s castle. They returned with a few bags of supplies: steel armor and weapons, most of them twisted or broken. A case of blank scrolls, which could be of use to you. Half a dozen healing potions that miraculously survived the arrival.

Then, there was Mieren’s corpse.

It had shocked you to see her head and body tumble out separately from the goblins’ large travel packs. Decay had begun to set in, and her eyes remain open and staring in death.

“Oh? Is this the woman that foolishly gave her life for you?” says Rin callously, looking down at the corpse. “What a sad end.” Turning around, she sees your expression and stops. She does not say another word.

You walk silently towards Mieren’s body and kneel down. With a wave of your hand, you close her eyes.

“Wait… if they found her body, then my father’s…” Rin asks the goblins something. They shake their heads. That is right – if Mieren’s corpse could be found here, where was Demon Lord Kimaris’s body? Shouldn’t it have come through together with everything else?

But that is a mystery you will have to solve later. For now, you have to decide what to do with Mieren’s remains. Even if you were back in the Seven Kingdoms, reviving her would be near impossible for the priests, not after the decomposition has begun. Not to mention that they would rather kill you on sight than help you. You are not a powerful necromancer either; and even they have their limits, only being able to call back husks of the being’s former living self rather than achieve full resurrection. There were tales of a Necromancer Queen who could achieve such control over life and death – and was later struck down by the Goddesses for her hubris – but those were old stories dating back centuries now…

A. You have the goblins dig a purpose-built room under the great hall and you freeze Mieren’s body within it with your magic until you can find a way to bring her back to life.

B. You give Mieren’s body a decent send-off and burial. She would not want you toying about with her remains after her death.

You begin working on a spell to allow automatic translation of languages. You are uncertain where you are at the moment, and whether you will meet anyone who speaks your language, or even if the goblin language is any sort of common language for the people in this land. This way, you should be prepared, no matter what creatures you encounter.

In order to create the spell, you need a limited understanding of many different languages so as to identify the differences in linguistic rules: it would be needed to create a framework for the spell to operate within. You already have knowledge of the three common languages within the Seven Kingdoms, but that is still insufficient. You would need Rin’s help, and ideally that of a goblin.

Most of the goblins rarely venture far from their village – Grahferde – the ruins, and its surroundings, seeing themselves as the last guardians of Vaalgrahf’s legacy. Only a few have ever seen another settlement, and even fewer have interacted with non-goblins. Of those few, all but one had been wiped out by your arrival and battle with the minotaur. The chief goblin, who the others called Boss, brought his son to you. As far as goblins go, this was an even punier and scrawnier one than usual; according to Rin, he had been lost in the forest as a child, and enslaved by humans for a few years before managing to escape and find his way back to his people. At the moment, he was the sole goblin left alive that had experience with other cultures, if only because he was stuck looking after the village while the others had bravely ventured to the ruins on that fateful day.

Rin tells you his name: Runde. In his green-flecked, slitted eyes, you see a spark of intelligence beyond that of the average goblin.

As the quiet and shy Runde begins working with you on the spell, you recognize that he has a keen sense for magic. He’s not as good as you are – obviously – but he is talented for a goblin. Thanks to his help, progress on the spell turns out to be faster than you expected. Within two weeks, you have a working prototype.

Universal Translation. It will allow you to understand any speech within ear-shot, and translate your own speech into the language that the listener is most proficient in. You are not sure what will happen if the listener is equally proficient in two or more languages, but you suppose you’ll have to cross that bridge when it comes. For now, it will allow you to communicate with the goblins and learn more about them, as well as the new world you find yourself in.

From words to words; let all be understood. Murmuring quietly, you cast the spell. “Universal Translation.” Runde and Rin are your first test subjects. Looking at them, you say, “Hello. Testing. Can you hear me now?”

Rin nods. “Modern Demonic. It seems to be working as we expected… this is a useful spell coming from someone like you, I must say. Oh, and I am saying this in my own tongue, of course.”

Meanwhile, Runde is trembling, staring at you with glowing eyes. “S-S-Shining One… I hear and obey! I can hear you now!” He falls on his face and prostrates himself before you in awe. It looks like the spell is working just fine. Of course, it is not perfected yet: the mana cost is inefficient, and there is an annoying, buzzing static in your ears whenever it is active. That would take time to fix.

There is a polite but urgent knock at the door.

“Come in,” Rin says commandingly.

A tall, muscular goblin – he reaches almost up to your chest, rather than your waist like most of his kind – strides in confidently, wearing one of the few remaining helmets in good condition that they had salvaged from the ruins. He is missing an eye, an injury he displays proudly like a badge of honour. After all, it is not every day that the Demon God returns and accidentally scorches out your eyeball with a stray bolt while making an easy example of the flaming tyrant that once lorded over your kind.

Upon seeing you, he makes a salute and bows down so low that his helmet slips off, clanging on the floor. “O Shining One, and the Supreme Mistress of Darkness, Grand Princess Rinnefiela, I have urgent news to report!”

Mistress of Darkness? You glance at Rin. What has she been telling them while you had not been able to understand the language?

“Yes, what is it, Robust?” says Rin, her eyes avoiding your pointed gaze.

“Humans have invaded the ruins. They took down the Boss while he was out leading the Second Great Expeditionary Salvage Force! Only Petze made it back, and she is near death, pierced by many arrows. She… she insisted that I bring you this report at once, no matter what happened to her.”

“P-Petze?” squeaks Runde. “She… she’s dying?”

Robust does not reply to Runde, keeping his eyes firmly fixed on the floor.

“How many of them are there?” asks Rin.

“I… I did not think to ask, Supreme Mistress. I am sorry. I suppose… Petze would know.” Robust bows his head even further, seeming to expect some sort of punishment. “This is my failure for wasting your time, Great Ones. Have my life as compensation for my mistake!”

You stand up from your chair. This is a pain, but it sounds like something you should investigate at least perfunctorily. “Where is this Petze?”

At the sound of your voice, a gasp of awe escapes from Robust’s mouth. “Y-Y-Your Radiant Magnificence… you deign to speak to us in our own words! We are not worthy!”

“Yes, yes, we will leave the issue of worthiness for another time,” you say impatiently. “Where is this Petze?”

“Just in front of your old statue, Shining One, she staggered her way in here and bled all over the floor, but she did not mean it! And we will clean up the blood soon, we swear! At the moment, we have our healers attending to her, but she will not survive the day…”

You walk out of your study, heading towards the statue. There, you find it is just as Robust said: a young female goblin is being attended to by the old healers, her body run through by multiple arrows. There are marks of burns and frost all over her back – it seems that the humans have brought spellcasters. Though you can see the healers are doing their best, their traditional remedies of herb poultices would not be sufficient to save her. The healers look up when you arrive and immediately flatten themselves in worship. Cries of “Shining One!” echo around the hall. Ignoring them, you make your way to Petze’s side. Her eyelids flutter and open, her large cat eyes fixing themselves on your visage. She coughs, a bloody froth spilling from her mouth. It looks like the arrows got her in the lungs too.

“My god... Sh-Shining…”

“Calm yourself, Petze. You did well to make it back here, but I need to know the details of what happened at the ruins.”

Nodding her head worshipfully, even on her deathbed, she forces herself to speak. She tells you of how when they arrived at the ruins, there were human soldiers poking around, in shiny armor. She tells you of how the Boss valiantly fought so that they could escape, and how when she last saw him, he was pinned under a dozen spears. She tells you of how she stumbled back here injured, hoping to let you know of the invaders desecrating your land.

“How many of them were there?”

More than three tens, she could not count beyond that many.

“Did they use any magic?”

She nods.

“Did they bear any emblems?”

A flag with a two-headed raven. You are not familiar with that flag – it does not belong to the Seven Kingdoms.

“Where exactly in the ruins did you encounter them?”

She tells you: it is just next to where you fought the minotaur.

Petze coughs again, and her eyes slip shut. She will not be answering anymore questions.

A. You use a healing potion on her before she actually dies. She did well to come back and you should reward her bravery. Though you are uncertain if it will work on non-humans, it is worth the experiment: even if it doesn’t, at least you now know it doesn’t before being forced into a situation where you might have to use it on yourself.

B. You do not use a healing potion on her: you only have six, with no guarantee of being able to obtain any more. It would be a waste to use such a precious resource on a goblin, as there are so many of them to go around and so little of those potions in comparison. You will let her die a hero, and save your potions for a rainy day.

Next, you need to decide what to do about the humans in the ruins. From what Petze said, they are here for a reason, and it is no coincidence that they were found next to the site of your battle. After all, you had made a very strongly worded statement that could be both seen and heard from miles away.

A. You will head for the ruins. Whether you slaughter them, capture them for interrogation, talk to them or merely observe them… you will decide that after you get there. Bringing whatever is left of the goblin fighters would not be helpful: if this is a force that can defeat you, the goblins would be slaughtered outright. On the other hand, it might not be safe to go alone either, and having secluded yourself for the past two weeks, you are not familiar with the lay of the land yet. You would need a guide. Runde or Robust should be able to take you there, while having Rin at your side would be good insurance in case you run into anything you cannot handle alone. However, you think that one of them should stay here in your absence to keep an eye on things.

You decide to go with:
(Pick two)
I. Rin
II. Runde
III. Robust

B. It is too much of a pain to set foot out of the village. You send out more goblins to spy on the humans while fortifying the village’s defenses with more walls and traps. Perhaps if you leave them alone, they will go away after getting what they want. You will only deal with them if they happen to come your way.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom