Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“Stop sighing and do your work. It is for the greater good.”
So wait a second. If raping and murdering kids is an act for the Greater Good, does it mean that interfering is an act for the Greater Evil? :philosoraptor:

See? We know how to be the Overlord!

Anyway, thinking further about the kids, I am serious about taking them with us. It should not be too hard to convince them to come along - after all, we can just ask them what are they going to do to protect their sibling if the 'bandits' return. The answer to that is 'nothing' - there really is not a lot that a peasant could do about it but run away and hope for the best. Are they willing to bet the life of the other twin on a slim chance? We can offer them protection and - eventually - power to protect themselves and their loved ones. This is not an offer that one refuses lightly.

That also would be all the motivation they need to better themselves, so at least we won't have to bother ourselves with coming up with stimuli.

As for why we might need them - there is a variety of reasons, but the most urgent for now is that we can't flash our face around without a hood, and the gobbos are poor messengers and spies since they are shot on sight in human settlements. We need someone we can use as our agent among the humans and trust them not to betray us. And it would be hard to betray us if the life of the other twin depends on our well-being (and I state it purerly as fact, without malice). :M

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
A pair of brats aren't much better diplomats than goblins, you know. In fact, it's a bit amusing that the Angelic form has such supernatural charisma, when apparently these Angels/Carnage Pigeons were known as bloodthirsty killing machines. However, so far we haven't bothered to use a diplomatic/non-violent solution, so perhaps these tales had a point after all :lol: Moreover, we would need to train these kids personally to ever have a chance at succeeding at diplomacy, something which would require probably too much effort to bother.

Speaking of goblins, they seem to like this village, so maybe not everyone attacks them on sight. Who knows, maybe this village regularly trades with these goblins, in exchange of wool balls that goblins adore due their feline nature.

By the way: what would have happened if for whatever reason we had chosen a background that had no magical powers and then followed with the seraphic form? Would that character get magic spells spontaneously to compensate? Otherwise, the magical halo ability would have been a waste in that case.

Nevill

Arcane
A pair of brats aren't much better diplomats than goblins, you know.
It's not about them being master negotiators with silver tongues. It's about being able to enter cities without the whole place going into ALARM! ALARM! mode.

That's not something you can trust to a goblin.
Goblin.jpg
In fact, it's a bit amusing that the Angelic form has such supernatural charisma, when apparently these Angels/Carnage Pigeons were known as bloodthirsty killing machines.
It means that we look so fabulous while doing it that people just can't get mad at us. :cool:

Speaking of goblins, they seem to like this village, so maybe not everyone attacks them on sight.
It might be (generalizations are stupid, after all), but Petze never allows herself to be seen, either. And the only goblin we know to successfully interact with humans is a former slave. At this point I'd assume that anti-goblin sentiments are still the prevalent ones.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I didn't consider voting for the diplomacy one because:
1. These guys are here to literally rape and kill everything, making it quite unlikely that they're willing to talk.
2. The dialogue could attract the attention of the other soldiers, which may not be good for us.
3. We have a bloodthirsty and impatient demon looking for an excuse to start beheading everyone.
4. I don't believe Erdrick has the necessary epic bullshitting skills to convince them to stop, moreso when we look like a creepy stranger that appeared from nowhere. That is unless the plan is to intimidate them by showing our hyperweapon true form halo and wing to scare them off. And even if he did, chances are it would attract the attention of the other soldiers anyway.

Actually, you know what? I'll switch my vote to diplomacy just to see how we fail horribly what happens (not that it will change much, considering the current tally).

Nevill: That is some really Prosperian art style. What's the name of this webcomic? Just to know.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Nevill: That is some really Prosperian art style. What's the name of this webcomic? Just to know.
Goblins, unsurprisingly. :D

Quite nice, as far as webcomics go, I suppose. The drawing style changes through the years. Has some interesting monster designs, too.
Mr_Fingers2.jpg
Mr_Fingers3.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No updates today, I'm slacking. :M

By the way: what would have happened if for whatever reason we had chosen a background that had no magical powers and then followed with the seraphic form? Would that character get magic spells spontaneously to compensate? Otherwise, the magical halo ability would have been a waste in that case.

Fighting techniques also use MP, so you get to charge up your ki screaming for fifteen minutes while the halo above your head spins loudly.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Diplomacy: only does you good if the beings you deal with are capable of reason and would logically be swayed by it. (See idiot soldier diplomacy, sphere diplomacy, rat diplomacy, tsundere female diplomacy for examples of things it probably doesn't work on. :M )

Nevill

Arcane
Diplomacy: only does you good if the beings you deal with are capable of reason and would logically be swayed by it.
Nonono, you do not understand.

I am sure that if only somebody told these poor people that rape and murder is wrong, and to please think of the children, they would realize the error of their ways and apologize to the villagers who are being slaughtered by their merry band even as we speak. We should repeat the sermon until all of them are hugging the survivors and crying bittersweet tears of remorse. We should also seek their forgiveness for slaughtering and torturing their comrades - it is now clear that it was foolish of us to want our identity hidden, and that we should have embraced our otherness and share it with the world. We will kiss the soldiers goodbye and beg them to tell the Confessor Princess that there is an angel nearby in dire need of atonement for their wrongdoings against her vassals. Until she personally comes to absolve us of our sins, we will sit in our ruins in sackcloth and ashes, and weep for humanity.

I mean, these misguided souls have only lost their way because they didn't have a shining example of love and compassion to live up to. Be nice to them, and they will come around. #FullJesus.

God, I hope Rin kills everyone.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We could always kill them after we talk to them. The point is not sparing them or persuading them off their vile ways, but to invest in our diplomacy skill, in order to not grow up a socially impaired overlord that can barely put two sentences together.

I can just imagine the scene:

" The soldiers clap in unison, tears in their eyes, one of them crying in remorse.

'We shall never again be so careless with the gift of life, from now on!', says the other one with trembling emotion

'Are you convinced? Good.' , chops off their heads

'And this is kids how you grind XP for a skill' "

Baltika9

Arcane
Meanwhile, their buddies heard us and suddenly we have to make our love and friendship speech again while covered in brains and blood.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a charismatic hero, but now is not the time.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
We could always kill them after we talk to them.
There is an option to kill them, and then there is an option to avoid killing. The disposition of a diplomatic character is more towards the latter, so I suspect that he would be inclined to spare their lives if they won't force the issue.

Realistically, though, what do you expect to tell them? 'Hey, guise, whatcha doing? Do you have a moment to talk about our God and Savior?' How exactly do you talk people out of rape and murder of a kid - an act that does not really define them as very reasonable beings - except through a show of force? Probably the only way to scare them off is to reveal our angelic nature. Then we'd have to comb the forest for the ones who ran away if we don't want them spreading the word, although by then it wouldn't matter anyway since you'd reveal your species to the whole village.

I hope you'll excuse me for saying that it looks a bit schizophrenic to me after our actions in the ruins.

but to invest in our diplomacy skill, in order to not grow up a socially impaired overlord that can barely put two sentences together.
Just saying, training diplomacy on Spheres is probably not very wise. :M

Last edited:

God, I hope Rin kills everyone.
Rin murdering people is easily my favorite part of the LP so far. I can only hope it continues (though hopefully she will play nice with us our the harem).

God damn it Nevill!
WE are NOT animals. Lets keep this civilized for now.
You do realized that we just let her butcher a room full of people right? We stepped over the bloated corpse of "civilized" a while back - and so have a the human civilizations from the way these soldiers are acting.

To be fair, they really asked for it.
Yep. We gave the same treatment they gave our goblins.
Nah, I think we can still be civil to those that are civil to us. Why go out of our way to earn enemies? That's just a receipt to headache.
I'm talking about the "civilized" that won't let Rin do her gore-filled dirty work from time to time, not acting like a grim-dark spacemarine and killing because carnage pigeon all the time. I'm fully in favor of being a semi-reasonable guy. Too much work to be a jerk.

I think you and I are at least close to the same page as to how we want to play the character this time - Theseus aside.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

A - 7
B - 17

A1 - 6
A2 - 9
A3 - 4
B1 - 0
B2 - 1
C - 2

Post-flop:

A - 7
B - 17

A1 - 6
A2 - 10
A3 - 4
B1 - 0
B2 - 1
C - 1

Looks like lightbane doesn't get his Shinji-sexuality. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Nothing new for us. I think Cao'er was 15 when she introduced Jing to the Anal Probe. :salute:

Anyway, the girl will grow into a woman in a few years. The boy, had we chosen him, would grow into a homo. Why would we want to sabotage our powerbase like that? :?

Unless, of course, we wanted to make him our secret anti-Kyle weapon and kick the second best womanizer out of the race. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom