Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 Q&A with the Right Questions but Wrong Answers

bezimek

Scholar
fastpunk said:
Vault Dweller said:
They didn't capture it. Herve did and sold it to Bethesda. It sits in a jar on Todd's desk now.

istockphoto_2034986_froggy.jpg

A frog prince perhaps?

Maybe it is spirit of fallout captured by Betsy ??

MetalCraze

Arcane
franc kaos said:
Just the promised PC specific UI, no non invading invasion and better level scaling makes this game 1000 times better than Oblivion.

And still 1kkk times worse than Fallout. Ahem, and may be I'm wrong but didn't Todd said that supermutants do invade the world in this ga... shame?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
skyway said:
franc kaos said:
Just the promised PC specific UI, no non invading invasion and better level scaling makes this game 1000 times better than Oblivion.

And still 1kkk times worse than Fallout. Ahem, and may be I'm wrong but didn't Todd said that supermutants do invade the world in this ga... shame?
"Your biggest foes in the game are these super-mutants that are INVADING THE WORLD and are in a CONSTANT BATTLE TO PUSH THE HUMANS OUT."

Morbus

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
skyway said:
franc kaos said:

"Your biggest foes in the game are these super-mutants that are INVADING THE WORLD and are in a CONSTANT BATTLE TO PUSH THE HUMANS OUT."
hawt

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Todd can't grow over the invasion thingy, can he? It would be for the best if he just bought some tin soldiers and used them to realize his no doubt impressive tactical abilities instead of raping already established settings.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I just hope Bethesda won't show us "inveshn" via spawning muties in point A and moving them to point B shooting everyone in between.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I still can't believe this shit! People are so easy to impress. Oh yeah, nuclear bombs, mutant invasion wooaaw! I get to choose what weapon to use in killing this mutant. Wooaaahh! All the choices! It's mind-blowing!

Seriously, I hope Todd never gets any ideas with PS:T. Ever!!!

MetalCraze

Arcane

*MEANWHILE!*
Todd: Hey Pete, I've been surfing through this dumb fucking rpg codex forums and... There's some guy... pastfunk... or so. Anyway, I think I've got a great idea for a TES V game!

Pete: wait a second, Toddy, let me finish bethesda'ing Gothic and Baldurs Gate... almost... finished... aaaah

Ladonna

Arcane
We will always have Torment. If they do something to some future game (And like they won't...) it won't even be a chance lost anymore.

I don't even think there are any chances left now for a new Fallout/Arcanum/Planescape/etc within the industry.

Lumpy

Arcane
fastpunk said:
I hope he does. PST2: Oblivion would be awesome to see.

Bradylama

Arcane
Planescape has never been a hot video gaming property in the first place. Torment's place on its pedestal will never be sullied because not enough people know anything about Planescape.

fastpunk

Arbiter
My post was more of a joke so don't take it seriously. I was contemplating the possibility of someone wanting to do a sequel in the future (I'm not saying Beth) and I personally find it gruesome. You've all probably noticed this trend of late to bring back old glories, there are tons of remakes and sequels flying around. I've also heard a few people mention how much they'd love to see a sequel for PS:T so what do you guys think? Would you want a sequel?

Lumpy

Arcane
Another cRPG set in Planescape? Yes, to play it. A sequel to PST? Yes, to enjoy the shitstorm and download it to make PST look even better in comparison.

MacBone

Scholar
1UP: The idea of an Enclave-run radio station seems to have raised a few hackles among fans of the original game. Can you explain how this fits in with the Fallout canon?

EP: I can...but I won't. That's one of the things we're just really not ready to talk about yet. Sorry!
Translation:

Canon? What canon?

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I still don't get it. Can someone please explain to me why Bethesda paid ~$7M for this i.p.?

Was it really worth *that* much money for access to the lukewarm Fallout fans?

They could have done almost everything they're doing now without the Fallout name.

How is this a good business move from their perspective? Explain please!

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
MacBone said:
1UP: The idea of an Enclave-run radio station seems to have raised a few hackles among fans of the original game. Can you explain how this fits in with the Fallout canon?

EP: I can...but I won't. That's one of the things we're just really not ready to talk about yet. Sorry!
Translation:

Canon? What canon?

Ohhh, you mean our nucular catapult cannon. Ya, it fires nukes. Totally awesome. Boom.

max

Novice
mad lib

I wonder if the source of the invading ____ <mutants/zombies/orcs> will be a certain ____ <portal/gateway> that will have to be destroyed by the intrepid hero via a critical hit delivered by means of the ____ <magic sword/talisman/nuclear catapult>.

Does anyone else want to chip in with possible templates for an oh-so-exciting single player experience for Fallout 3?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom