Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R.I.P. Bruticis

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Do you people just lack sense of humour?

Don Peste

Arcane
I see everyone is mad about that. It might damage the Codex relation with many devs. We suffered enough after what happened with Bethesda, so I get it.

But didn't he just self-eject?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I am behind with the drama so I will just ask: What did he do?
DU called somebody by his first name so he blabbed about it to Fargo.
Something like that anyway.

Not only that, instead of saying what exactly transpired an implication was used in the tweets and sent to several Devs and Media outlets with the intent to stir up major trouble. Bruticis and a few others send messages along the lines of this:
@Obsidian @RPGCodex gives out personal info obtained from your kickstarter projects the site sponsored
to quite a few people/entities.

I see everyone is mad about that. It might damage the Codex relation with many devs. We suffered enough after what happened with Bethesda, so I get it.
But didn't he just self-eject?

The problem as I see it is not mainly the Codex/Dev relationship but what consequences this could have for the freedom of speech in the Forums.

Alex

Arcane
Not only that, instead of saying what exactly transpired an implication was used in the tweets and sent to several Devs and Media outlets with the intent to stir up major trouble. Bruticis and a few others send messages along the lines of this:
@Obsidian @RPGCodex gives out personal info obtained from your kickstarter projects the site sponsored

The problem as I see it is not mainly the Codex/Dev relationship but what consequences this could have for the freedom of speech in the Forums.

Wouldn't that be a problem only if the Codex cared about the way others saw it?

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. It was a kind of shitty thing to do, but I seriously doubt any devs give two shits about forum drama. If the kickstarter money was stolen, then maybe. But revealing the first name of a backer? That connects to them in a pretty tangential way.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Wouldn't that be a problem only if the Codex cared about the way others saw it?
The days of the Codex not caring what people thought are long gone. There's still a bit of posturing to that effect, but that's all it is, for better or for worse. More devs posting now, but more pulled punches and drama over negative reviews like Roxor's.

Of course you'd think that after giving a guy $20k+ he should be concerned what you think of him, not the other way around, but video games and the people who make and play them are odd.

Alex

Arcane
I don't know. I mean, obviously some of the Codex staff are very invested in what they are doing. And I don't mean this in a bad way. Infinitron and Crooked Bee come to mind as people who have been trying to push the site to be a better "electronic magazine". So, I guess you could say they and others in the staff are really invested in what the Codex is and what it will become. Not only them, though, but several members are really happy with how Kickstarters are playing out and want to see the Codex to be more than a place to bemoan glories long past.

And all those things are very good, but does anyone sees the Codex becoming something other than a small, backwater site with a bad reputation and a nice community? This little twitter incident; it is certainly a bit embarrassing. But does anyone believe it really closes any door for the Codex? Do you think that if it kept happening, it would really be problematic? I doubt kickstarters would stop accepting our money because of that. I even doubt that a developer would refuse to give an interview because of that. At least, it would be much more likely, as I see it, we wouldn't score interviews simply because we are too small for it to be worth their time.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
This little twitter incident; it is certainly a bit embarrassing. But does anyone believe it really closes any door for the Codex? Do you think that if it kept happening, it would really be problematic? I doubt kickstarters would stop accepting our money because of that. I even doubt that a developer would refuse to give an interview because of that. At least, it would be much more likely, as I see it, we wouldn't score interviews simply because we are too small for it to be worth their time.
What some people doesn't seem to realize, and I know because it happens to me as well, is that after a certain time of being here one tends to forget that there's a world outside the Codex. A world where things considered everyday life here can get you into trouble or at least cause you some raised eyebrows.

Now I don't think that this drama caused any real damage, but as they say in diplomacy, it surely didn't help.

pippin

Bruticis made a D1P from GOG, and published a screenshot of it as a proof.
Soon after this fact, a Codex controversy was developed and inflated into unusual proportions. This caused his disappearance from Codex. These are not random events.

closeupgaben.jpg

He is watching.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I talked to Brother None about what happened on Twitter. He basically said they don't give a toss about first names.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
I think I never understood what he was about. But I always thought he was kinda cool for all the games he gave away. Also I like the people who sticks to an avatar. But for some reason I often confused him with Hoaxmetal. I even thought he was Russian! Maybe because of his nickname too. You know, "Bruticis". Harsh, like Russians are.
I also remember the times when he fought with Metro, and all the CDS stuff... Well, I don't know, Codex Drama always confuses me. I suspect they might be friends after all.
Anyway, people say this is life and all, but it always sucks when you lose someone.

For Bruticis!
Free Our Brothers!

B0geE0N.jpg

nope
fuck bruticis and all his retarded bullshit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom