Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL Notch is rich but lonely Discuss!!!1!!

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Fat Nerd strikes big with a retard game and gets rich.

Scenario A.
Uses his newly found money for doing stuff he likes, only on overdrive. Buys a mansion between the woods. Plays eccentric loner. Finances a couple of cool projects and a couple of wacko ones. Remains fat, but lives the nerd dream.

Scenario B.
Sells his brainchild company, says "Fuck you" to his own country and friends by going to live in the Land of the Cool. Picks a luxurious but bland megahouse where Hollywood stars and all the "in" 'murican VIPs would go to party if the owner were someone else.

Picks B and fails.
Remains fat.

True, but he can still work towards A, once he realizes how B sux. Then he has lived the dream of both worlds.
Besides... the mansion is really fucking ugly.

Robert Jarzebina

Being rich
perssons-parties-are-legendary--hes-a-huge-edm-fan-and-often-hosts-bashes-with-performances-from-famous-djs-like-avicii-deadmau5-and-skrillex-its-a-very-stupid-way-to-spend-money-he-told-rolling-stone-but-why-not-people-say-you-should-invest-it-so-i-can-get-more-money-to-put-in-a-pile-at-least-if-you-spend-it-it-goes-back-and-does-something-maybe.jpg

VS

Being rich
dan-bilzerian-sued-by-woman-who-he-threw-off-a-roof-04.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
There's nothing worse to mental health than guaranteed affluence.
Financial insecurity is much worse for mental health than guaranteed affluence.

Eh...all of the "if I had his kind of money I'd do something with my life" posts tells me that people like Notch are quite common.
Not really. They are results of people already doing something interesting with their life. It's just that they'd do more of it if they had money to quit their jobs or not worry about future.

Being rich
perssons-parties-are-legendary--hes-a-huge-edm-fan-and-often-hosts-bashes-with-performances-from-famous-djs-like-avicii-deadmau5-and-skrillex-its-a-very-stupid-way-to-spend-money-he-told-rolling-stone-but-why-not-people-say-you-should-invest-it-so-i-can-get-more-money-to-put-in-a-pile-at-least-if-you-spend-it-it-goes-back-and-does-something-maybe.jpg
Degeneracy.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
, he could feed the hungry in afrca,

Yes cause what Jewrope and World now needs are more Niggers Africans. And Yes Man is complete fag and looser who has found the golden Chicken but has no idea how to live outside his Swedish box. 70 Millions for MC mansion in LA? He could have an Island or huge Ranch with ITZ proof bunker under it for that money. Kommissar would propably buy both, along with shit tone of gold, guns and rice then and fund Mega Ultimate RPG and Hire MCA to be Creative Director of it... Heck for that kind of jewgold you could make ITZ safe underground community and Game Studio in one.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not really. They are results of people already doing something interesting with their life. It's just that they'd do more of it if they had money to quit their jobs or not worry about future.

Yeah, pretty much this. If I had Notch's amount of money, I'd just continue living like I do, just with more focus on the shit I like, and way more eccentricity because I'm rich and can afford to derp out as much as I want.

Moving to L.A. and buying a 20 million mansion there would be the very last thing on my mind. I'd be depressed too if I moved into a soulless modernist building in a city populated by hipsters. I'd rather buy a pompous 19th century mansion with class somewhere close to where I live now, preferably a bit offroad with some surrounding lands, and keep my current circle of friends and have parties with them rather than with shallow rich guys I never met before. And I'd never grow bored because there actually are things I like to do, and having money and not having to work increases the time I can spend doing these things.

Also, LOL at Notch's "when you have everything there is no motivation to go on doing more".
No, you faggot. You don't have "everything" yet. When you've conquered Europe and restored the Holy Roman Empire and can style yourself god-king, then you have everything.
No wait you don't because then you can finance space exploration and terraform Mars. You never have "everything". You can always achieve more. You can always improve yourself. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Yeah, pretty much this. If I had Notch's amount of money, I'd just continue living like I do, just with more focus on the shit I like, and way more eccentricity because I'm rich and can afford to derp out as much as I want.

Moving to L.A. and buying a 20 million mansion there would be the very last thing on my mind. I'd be depressed too if I moved into a soulless modernist building in a city populated by hipsters. I'd rather buy a pompous 19th century mansion with class somewhere close to where I live now, preferably a bit offroad with some surrounding lands, and keep my current circle of friends and have parties with them rather than with shallow rich guys I never met before. And I'd never grow bored because there actually are things I like to do, and having money and not having to work increases the time I can spend doing these things.

Also, LOL at Notch's "when you have everything there is no motivation to go on doing more".
No, you faggot. You don't have "everything" yet. When you've conquered Europe and restored the Holy Roman Empire and can style yourself god-king, then you have everything.
No wait you don't because then you can finance space exploration and terraform Mars. You never have "everything". You can always achieve more. You can always improve yourself. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
:excellent:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
lso, LOL at Notch's "when you have everything there is no motivation to go on doing more".
No, you faggot. You don't have "everything" yet.
I guess he thought that he was limited in life by lack of money, instead of his own personality. Guess he was wrong.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well said. Notch just seems your typical no lifer who made a fortune far too early.

If he'd made his fortune after experiencing more of life, he'd probably be more satisfied. You see the same thing with all those kids that hit it big early in life.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Notch was always an underachieving faggot who lacked ambition and work ethic (or any kind of ethic for that matter). If he'd have some passions in life then he'd never be in this predicament. Rich or poor he'd still be a miserable fat piece of shit. The one thing that's really funny about this is despite being a billionaire he still can't get a woman. That is truly pathetic.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess the issue is that "hitting it big" is their ultimate life goal, and when they've achieved that, there's nothing left to achieve. They don't think, "I want to get rich so I can do X with my money", but "I want to get rich". Then they're rich, and suddenly they have no goal anymore. The goal is achieved. Now what? Now nothing, because there's nothing more they want to do with their life.

Following passions? Nah, if they had any, they'd already blow their money on their passions, even if it's something as simple as playing golf all day or collecting stamps. Self-improvement? Lol, if he valued that, he wouldn't get even fatter despite having a big gym in his overpriced mansion. Thinking "fuck everything, I'm super-rich now so I can derp out and be eccentric without caring what people think of me"? Nope, now they want to belong to the clique of cool rich kids, so they adapt to the society of cool rich kids and only do things cool rich kids do, rather than just doing whatever the fuck they want.

People like that don't deserve their millions. All that money is wasted on them.

When you've conquered Europe and restored the Holy Roman Empire and can style yourself god-king, then you have everything.

Lame as fuck. That's what millionaires dream of. Billionaires buy out Greece and restore the real Roman Empire.

It's the :troll: that matters

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Why bother? He's already got enough money to buy all the women he wants, getting in shape is for people who don't have that luxury.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All that fat weighing him down must feel terrible though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom