Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime [deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
17.png
:love:

Notorious

Augur
But what is an RPG?

A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

discuz

Mustawd

A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

discuz

Are there romances?

deuxhero

Arcane
It doesn't matter who I roll. None of them are capable of making anti-tank weapons, let alone one capable of piercing any armor without collateral damage and somehow not be usable by criminals.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tim Schafer kickstarts the most ambitious RPG ever created. Elder Scrolls on steroids high fantasy with everything from playable undead to mutating humanoid demonspawn race, two massive continents and a huge ocean with several island nations inbetween, dozens of classes and skills, a spellmaking system, a terraforming and city/army management system for characters that pursue those routes that allow you to become anything from staying a simple peasant to an army general to a merchant prince controlling the bulk of commerce. After the game is funded to a level neverbefore seen Tim Schafer runs off with the money.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer

Not bad. Tho I would prefer better gameplay mechanics and less faggotery. I would love to see them make my idea, i.e. cyberpunk stuff. They don't do that really.

I'm just happy I didn't get Larian.

T. Reich

Arcane
Arcanum done perfectly. With balanced tech vs magic, much less shittier combat, way better companion AI and more content in general.

4, huh...

Bending the rules a little the rpg is not developed by Nintendo exactly but by Intelligent Systems, a close partner of theirs.

They have acquired the rights to make a Wh40k Rogue Trader game. After brainstorming they decide to make an rpg out of it using the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door formula(TTYD).

Our story begins with Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Closeau returning from another successful mission with minimal collateral damage. While enroute to a paradise world for a little R&R an astropath of the ship he is onboard, belonging to the rogue trader Tesco Sieben the 11th, intercepts a telepathic distress call from a nearby star system and theirs is the only ship within range. The distress call is a warning of a female monarch who is manifesting vast psychic powers.

As in Mario did in TTYD so will Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Closeau gather a retinue of companions in this game. These companions will have abilities that will compliment the Inquisitors own both in and outside of the turn-based hand and eye coordination requiring combat. Davich Harlsson the squat for example <excerpt removed>.

If this and more strikes your fancy fear not for there will be a sequel but remember that hope is the mind killer.

Edit: okay so there is an integrated dice rolling thing-a-majick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom