Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So, if there is a skill check that presents you two skills demands (eg streetwise and trade), what does it mean? That you need some points in both? Or only one of them?

Sum in both, like streetwise + trader = 7

Okay so here's a legit question that upsets me a lot.

How the hell, after 3469873496 demos, previews, re-previews, early accesses and whatever the fuck, does this game still have something like shoving a weapon you can't use into your hands before combat starts? It's already silly as hell that in those assassino vignettes I keep using a crossbow I neither have nor can use, but the moment I have to waste 4 AP at the start of a fight just to switch to my regular goddamn weapon, well, that's no longer silly, it's just idiotic as shit.

I'll take a look at it. We had some technical limitations at the time, then nobody complained. I tweaked several of those, but forgot about a few it seems.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah, but the point is to support the developers so they can continue making great games, not screw them over. This is one I'd happily pay full price for.
Well for 1/4 of my meager economies it would need to be the roman fallout I expected before the teron demo was released. Closer to the price of underrail or at least SitS/SR games is more within my budget.

Black

Arcane
I'm doing a talky Merchant. If I ever have to go into combat I am FUCKED. :D (well Alchemy *might* save me).
Et tu? I expected Infinitron to go happy merchant, become the ruler behind the scenes and shape the civilization to what we know today.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Et tu? I expected Infinitron to go happy merchant, become the ruler behind the scenes and shape the civilization to what we know today.

I am a gigantic story fag, and the talker way through would have the most dialogue and story. After that, then I will do a combat run.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations, played the demo quite a bit, but not for the last year. Looking forward to playing it in all it's glory.
Going to be a Loremaster/talker :)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Have you tried loremaster? I'm a bit unsure whether to play merchant or loremaster...?

A Merchant/Loremaster hybrid was one of the most memorable playthroughs for me in an earlier Early Access version of the game. You could try that.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm just gonna pick everyone's pockets and die a bunch since that's what I do in real life.

Starwars

Arcane
Have you tried loremaster? I'm a bit unsure whether to play merchant or loremaster...?

They can overlap a lot. I started with a strong Merchant focus (just a dash of Lore) but I think it's pretty hard to not get wrapped in the mysteries of the world and increase your Lore and Crafting (both good for uncovering mysteries). I couldn't resist it at least, though there were plenty of things I didn't find out still since I didn't bump those enough.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has anyone come close to getting all Steam achievements? There should be a nice Codex reward for that. I'd help chip in. Imagine the possibilities!

Aenra

Am i the only one waiting for the patches? Can't someone join me? ..The Long Wait? No..?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Am i the only one waiting for the patches? Can't someone join me? ..The Long Wait? No..?
What patches? AoD was on early access for a loooong time, I don't think there will be any serious post-release patching cycle as any critical thing must have already been caught by now.

Black

Arcane
We're waiting for Enhanced Director's Cut GOTY edition now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom