Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's thoughts on UnderTale

Is UnderTale...

• An actual good RPG?

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Indie Weaboo clickbait?

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Youtuber Clickbait?

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Gozma

Arcane
Wait, is Azrael not Asgore's kid? Who plugged Toriel?

Hey teenagers that know shit about Homestuck, is this game like a clear tone-copy of Homestuck in accessible videogame format instead of being some shit that I don't even know how to access? Is it a hit because it's popularizing a weird little inaccessible counterculture? Is this to Homestuck what like Green Day is to punk

Space Insect

Arcane
Wait, is Azrael not Asgore's kid? Who plugged Toriel?

Hey teenagers that know shit about Homestuck, is this game like a clear tone-copy of Homestuck in accessible videogame format instead of being some shit that I don't even know how to access? Is it a hit because it's popularizing a weird little inaccessible counterculture? Is this to Homestuck what like Green Day is to punk
Give me a summary of UnderTale and I can compare it to Homestuck.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I feel sad there's an universe in which people exist whose hearts aren't touched by this game. It must be odd to have a stone where people ought to have a heart... that's all.

Well, you know what. I'm happy for this gift. I'm happy to be able to experience so many emotions, and enjoy them with my friends. Everyone I know has been talking about this game. Everyone has experienced so many different things others have missed, and nobody has walked away disappointed. This is an ode to all of us who grew up with a SNES and games from that era. A game for all of us who still remember, and who haven't closed their hearts because of the cynicism that pervades our decadent society.

Thank you, Undertale.

tumblr_nwdbor3fFI1sqwnhho1_540.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom