Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Murderous Psychopaths Needed!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/490123197946992902/

Murderous Psychopaths Needed

How would you like to immortalize your fighter and bring pain on thousands of players who'd curse your name with their characters' dying breath?

Our next update will add several title challengers. You see, being the Arena Champion doesn't mean that the title is yours forever and ever. It will attract those who seek fame - who wouldn't want to brag that they killed the champion and stomped him into the mud?

So if you're a murderous psychopath with at least 100 confirmed kills, post your combat build (character screen and inventory). We'll select the most interesting builds and faithfully recreate them down to the hair style. Maybe we can even talk our artist into drawing a custom portrait (based on the hair style not what you look like in real life) to capture that murderous fire in your eyes and Vince into writing a backstory.

- We'll keep the looks, stats, and skills.
- We might change the name to be more lore friendly. I'm sure that Balls Stomper is a great name but...
- We'll keep the equipment except for unique weapons and sky metal. Crafted equipment will keep their crafting level but it will be done with blue steel instead of sky metal. Uniques will be replaced by crafted weapons or new uniques.
- The challengers will be able to use poison, sharpened weapons, neurostymulants, antidotes, nets and bolas.

Looking forward to your submissions.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hmmmmm....

How long will this last? And is this open to GOG players as well?
Elhoim Vault Dweller
I assume that it is, right? And how long will you wait with that? I'm trying to make a REAL psychopath with as many kills as possible. This won't be a creative character stats wise but I've already done some things I've never done before to increase mu body count and it shows. It's going to be glorious :].

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
My bodycount after arriving to Maadoran:
7459CC1A316AF1AE189EE46F83CB022FA201AE8D

Is there anyone with higher number? :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Elhoim Vault Dweller
I assume that it is, right? And how long will you wait with that? I'm trying to make a REAL psychopath with as many kills as possible. This won't be a creative character stats wise but I've already done some things I've never done before to increase mu body count and it shows. It's going to be glorious :].
We're aiming to release the update by the end of the month. The "contest" is open to all, but we're looking for interesting builds rather than highest bodycount, otherwise each challenger would be the same, basically.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
To repost from that topic, my offer is this:

4B2BA349E4791DDAEB2C8E9CB2C8BFAC0D40013B

If I understand the game's flow correctly, it should be a rather trolly build against many usual player combos (though, of course, it'll still go down to nets, bombs and firewalls).

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
VD, you should select the most deadly build in a one-on-one fight, like a crossbow or throw build with high alchemy.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...) we're looking for interesting builds rather than highest bodycount, otherwise each challenger would be the same, basically.
I know but I was going under assumption that the higher body count the higher combat skills due to recent change in SP for combat builds (all skills should increase with every 10 kills or something like that). And it was fun to pursue, I haven't played that way yet.

Tigranes

Arcane
Rolled a new mercenary to kick off my psychopath breeding program. So far able to save Vardanis and get into the IG without spending a single SP or gold beyond starting stats. Not too bad.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Heh, and I thought I was good:
mindless;490123197951305085 said:
Critical strike allows for additional kills through dialogues, I wanted to make a build like this actually but I don't even have time to finish the psycho I'm playing currently. Anyway :salute: to this player (he also has 108 of 109 achievements).

John Yossarian

Magister
Critical strike allows for additional kills through dialogues,
Shit, that's how! I knew of about 20 or so more people I could have got, and there might have been a few quests i missed (e.g., I never found that Silvanus dude), but from that to 300? OTOH, most of the people you can kill through dialogue CS, you can also kill in combat, so I'm still a little mystified at that number. I'm gonna do a few other playthroughs to learn the game better then try again, with a Red Viper of Dorne char :)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Heh, and I thought I was good:

Critical strike allows for additional kills through dialogues, I wanted to make a build like this actually but I don't even have time to finish the psycho I'm playing currently. Anyway :salute: to this player (he also has 108 of 109 achievements).

So the biggest kill count doesn't require any defensive skills? Now I feel tempted to try that.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So the biggest kill count doesn't require any defensive skills? Now I feel tempted to try that.

That is very counter-intuitive, but makes perfect sense if you think about it. I was thinking about trying this with a two-handed spear, since it pushes your enemies back, and poison, to compensate for the lack of damage. Maybe it will work.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I keep seeing successful skill loadouts where I think: "how could this possibly work?" Sign of a good game, I suspect.

-Root

Novice
Final stats of Wuld, the Guardswoman who killed an alien tentacle god

4EB42E595E72FA5B301DA9CFB1DF2FFA5E0AEBD7

Equipment:
FDF0F37F7856A8CFA4801CA5C10E77339ABC1A4F

and a selfie with her last opponent:
E292E048973E0CCBB573B91C2F4DA16F40BBC849

I didn't have the psychic protection thingamajig so it was a tuff fight. P satisfying. Btw Elhoim in the end, my ending slide was that Paullus didn't have a need for a Legatus who rose through the ranks thru political manipulation instead of battlefield valour. As you can see, I did nothing but kill people on the battlefield. So not sure if bug or if that's the standard end for all Guardsmen who go with Paullus?

You can do better than that! You are me!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yesterday I kind of realised that this contest is ultimately somewhat pointless. That is, even if someone uploaded a Mr Awesome with 10 in every single stat and skill, he'd still get murdered like a chump with head (e)bola + repeated aimed torso strikes. But on the other hand, if Messrs Awesome appear in duos, they might just as well end up unwinnable.

hivemind

Yesterday I kind of realised that this contest is ultimately somewhat pointless. That is, even if someone uploaded a Mr Awesome with 10 in every single stat and skill, he'd still get murdered like a chump with head (e)bola + repeated aimed torso strikes. But on the other hand, if Messrs Awesome appear in duos, they might just as well end up unwinnable.
I think it was mostly put in place to showcase that strong combat builds are possible for the new people who are struggling with surviving in the first fight.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Final stats of Wuld, the Guardswoman who killed an alien tentacle god

4EB42E595E72FA5B301DA9CFB1DF2FFA5E0AEBD7

Equipment:
FDF0F37F7856A8CFA4801CA5C10E77339ABC1A4F

and a selfie with her last opponent:
E292E048973E0CCBB573B91C2F4DA16F40BBC849

I didn't have the psychic protection thingamajig so it was a tuff fight. P satisfying. Btw Elhoim in the end, my ending slide was that Paullus didn't have a need for a Legatus who rose through the ranks thru political manipulation instead of battlefield valour. As you can see, I did nothing but kill people on the battlefield. So not sure if bug or if that's the standard end for all Guardsmen who go with Paullus?

I managed to do it without psychic protection as well, but without PA too? Kudos.

Yeah that ending slide was a bit odd though it might have been meant as in you didn't prove yourself as a commander on the battlefield ( "political maneuvering instead of battlefield victories") which is different from being just a pure killing machine I guess.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

But that's precisely why they should select a bow/crossbow build with high alchemy and the highest combat initiative possible. Before the player would have any chance to use these tricks, the challenger could drop a super bomb and poisoned arrows on your fucking legs, causing knockdown, poison damage and movement penalty.

hivemind

that's just pointless and unbeatable cancer tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom