Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Vault Dweller any chance for ITS to release all the wallpapers, concept art and soundtrack as goodies?

At least on GOG, since that is were the true patriots live.

6fo5nbv.png

(I just noticed the soundtrack is in the game folder... but I'm pretty sure JudasIscariot would love to rename and tag it :))

That soundtrack is probably not formatted for listening to outside the game. Not saying it's BADLY formatted but judging from my experience with in-game soundtracks there's a world of difference between the stuff you get in-game and the version made for listening outside the game :) Then again I haven't even looked at the game's music myself :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller any chance for ITS to release all the wallpapers, concept art, promos (like this one) and soundtrack as goodies?

At least on GOG, since that is were the true patriots live.

6fo5nbv.png

(I just noticed the soundtrack is in the game folder... but I'm pretty sure JudasIscariot would love to rename and tag it :))
Sure, why not? I already sent bunch of art to GoG, not sure where it ended up (maybe the store?). Anyway, will ask them.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Ok, I’m tired of people saying retarded and irrelevant drivel about this game. Let’s talk about something that matters: who are the best sex partners in Age of Decadence? Spoilers ahead!

Lady Camilla
Camilla.jpg

Ok, she is a credulous old widow, but there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. Besides, she is a noble, live near the palace and her character model suggest that she has nice tities. 10/10 Marriage material.

Lady Lorenza Calani of House Calani
lorenza.png

Hot, sophisticated and with noble blood. Word on the street is that all her five husbands died in unfortunate accidents in suspicious circumstances. Sounds great for one night stand if you take the proper precautions, such as carrying your knife and an antidote.

Anonymous killers hired by Lorenza
6664.jpg

Deadly with daggers, they have a body in shape. And there are five of them! It is practically a harem.

Livia
livia.png

My adorable pickpocket. Pretty and cunny, but too young. Sounds great for one night stand, though.

Darista – Assassins Guild master at Maadoran
darista.png

Tough killer with scars and everything, controls the Assassin Guild with iron first. Hmm…10/10 marriage material

Lola – Levir’s loremaster
iola.png

She is hot, mysterious and knowledgeable. I don’t know about you, but I appreciate women that read books and shit. 10/10 Marriage material

Azra, from Inferiae
azra.png

Old, but knowledgeable and trustworthy. She can even prepare acid vials and shit. 10/10 marriage material.

Claudia

claudia.png

Tough bitch. Works for Hector, the commie. Rough woman always give me the hard-on. Sounds great for one night stand.
Elhoim, Kos_Koa and Vault Dweller
Can either of you reveal where did you get these portraits from? Are they artist's imaginations (or modified portraits of some people you found on a net, e.g. Strabos looks like John Goodman), did you hire some chicks, are these your acquaintances or is there a chick database where you can pay for a portrait that I don't know of?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Artist imagination with some references. For example, Strabos is a guy I used to work for, who looked like Goodman. A fucking bear of a man with quite a temper and low tolerance of failure. I'm 6'4 but he dwarfed me. Had hands like mittens. He was a VP of Operations; worked his way up through strength of character and decisiveness. Once he set his sights on something there was no stopping him.

Claudia is inspired by a crazy zealot I've once met. She had these grey, steel eyes and there was fucking murder there. Her belief that the world was unjust and had to be changed, violently if necessary, was all that mattered to her. She would die for her beliefs (or kill others). A genuinely scary (but good looking) person.

I've met a lot of characters over the last two decades (yes, including Miltiades), so it was easy to conjure them when I needed a particular type.

Vault Dweller

Developer
An Irish gentleman who could sell you a trashcan full of garbage and make you feel like you struck quite a bargain. He had crazy eyes, especially when drunk, and he firmly rejected the concept of personal responsibility or regret for any wrongdoings, which were quite numerous (especially when drunk). He always had this awesome scheme going and he had 2-3 more ready to go when the current "it can't go wrong" scheme would go wrong.

kaizoku

Arcane
Claudia is inspired by a crazy zealot I've once met. She had these grey, steel eyes and there was fucking murder there. Her belief that the world was unjust and had to be changed, violently if necessary, was all that mattered to her. She would die for her beliefs (or kill others). A genuinely scary (but good looking) person.

I bet the sex was great though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller, could it be there's a choice without a consequence in the game?

Playing the assassin questline. In Maadoran, in the quest where you have to get the treasure from the thieves, I gave my word to the thief boss that I'd help him out when he needs me. Shortly before the last quest, I get summoned by him and he tells me to assassinate Maadoran's ruler, the one my guild is serving. He said he'll make sure I get fucked if I refuse. Well, I told my boss about that plan and broke my word, inciting the wrath of the thief boss.

Nothing happened, though. I just went on to Ganezzar and haven't heard anything from the thieves since then. So, apparently he doesn't try to fuck me up for fucking him over at all?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Oh, boy, this thread delivers. Ancient ones posting after 10 years, rape threats because of spoilers, people posting drunk and VD revealing that there is a real Miltiades out there, doing damage to the world! 10/10, would read again.

I told you to make that into a thread in the appropriate forum. It's amusing.

I will think about it.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Reputation-based ambushes will be added in the upcoming updates.

Is there any chance of adding a proper ending involving Miltiades? It seems like the logical consequence of his ambition with the player's help. Miltiades as an emperor… think about it. It would be even better than the ascension ending and I bet that everyone would love this.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Oh, boy, this thread delivers. Ancient ones posting after 10 years, rape threats because of spoilers, people posting drunk and VD revealing that there is a real Miltiades out there, doing damage to the world! 10/10, would read again.
Half of the time I wanted to kill the bastard, the other half I wanted to see what he'd do next and whether the universe would remain indifferent (it did).

Is there any chance of adding a proper ending involving Miltiades? It seems like the logical consequence of his ambition with the player's help. Miltiades as an emperor… think about it. It would be even better than the ascension ending and I bet that everyone would love this.
I wanted to but couldn't make it work. Maybe I'll try again in a month or so.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yes. Mazin first contacted me in 2007 and started working on the portraits in 2009, if memory serves me right. Eugene started working on DS first, then migrated to us when DS was released.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I play as a merchant, and when I get to where I should play against
Mercato to get him to owe the guild money i loose even though I have 9 in intelligence. Does this quest really need 10 in intelligence? or is it just to make some fast buck? Is streetwise/dexterity the only way to get it to work? I can complete the quest via Cado

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I play as a merchant, and when I get to where I should play against
Mercato to get him to owe the guild money i loose even though I have 9 in intelligence. Does this quest really need 10 in intelligence? or is it just to make some fast buck? Is streetwise/dexterity the only way to get it to work? I can complete the quest via Cado

You can complete it after failing dex+streetwise if you have a bit of charisma, if you have high trading and persuasion. 10 int opens up some threatening options plus a fuckload of money.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim will you enable selection of dialogue options using the numpad? 1-9 alphanumeric works, but not the number pad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom