Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Beowulf

Arcane
It occured to me that all this Fultoning is fucking retarded. Basicly I can neither ghost levels, neither murder everybody, because I am forced to fulton lots of soldiers to build up my base.

After some time you will have full staff; at that point you can be picky about who to fulton, who to kill, or ditch it all (unless you toy with FOBs). But yeah, it is retared, especially once you research the wormhole upgrade.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It occured to me that all this Fultoning is fucking retarded. Basicly I can neither ghost levels, neither murder everybody, because I am forced to fulton lots of soldiers to build up my base.

You don't need to fulton every soldier, only the good ones. That's how the system works. If you recruit every fucking single retard from the battlefield, you'll have the base full or useless idiots in the "waiting room" and you will waste your time.
Check the soldiers with the binoculars.

I ghosted the levels and went Rambo style a lot of times, and I almost have level 50 in all plataforms.

I have Demon snake level too.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't need to fulton every soldier, only the good ones. That's how the system works. If you recruit every fucking single retard from the battlefield, you'll have the base full or useless idiots in the "waiting room" and you will waste your time.
Check the soldiers with the binoculars.
Thank you Captain Obvious. You still have to Fulton a lot of people.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, those few seconds that the scanning takes get really annoying after you have used the binoculars five million times. In PW you could actually upgrade the binoculars so the scanning took less than a second.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
you don't. you can just rely on volunteers. if you want to ghost stuff you don't need to research all that many gadgets and weapons anyway.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Ghosting levels, killing soldiers and upgrade the mother base are compatible, which is my point. Because it's just about fultoning the best soldiers you see, not everybody, who are 4-8 soldiers per mission. Yes, they are a lot of good soldiers. 140 soldiers per plataform. But it's very light when you do it as I said. If you start to farm soldiers you'll end up tired very soon.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Why am I falling for this every time? I know that this guy is a fucking retard for years, yet I click on them when someone posts them on the Codex. And yet again, I can't take more than 4 minutes before I ragequit. Fucking drama queen.

This game has problems, and he touches these problems, and he has good points, but he presents it in such an awfully rage inducing, pretentious, trolling way, that I can't listen to it.

Last edited:

made

Arcane
So what about that Quiet character? Is she a dickgirl like people speculated or what's her secret?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Wait what? I killed Metal Gear and now a new chapter starts with a new story? How fucking huge is this game?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Wait what? I killed Metal Gear and now a new chapter starts with a new story? How fucking huge is this game?
75% are levels from the first chapter with modifiers attached. Story-wise there's at most another two or three hours of content.

Ebonsword

Arcane
yeah, the game pushes you to wards the pacifist run and locks the majority of content behind shit

Yeah, I started a new game recently and I'd forgotten how annoyingly long you have to play before being able to research some pretty basic stuff.

For example, do I really need a team of elite scientists to be able to figure out how to put a silencer on a sniper rifle?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Umm, guys? Why can't I advance further than mission 42? I've done every side ops which were marked with yellow.

Diablo169

Arcane
Clear a few side ops or do some other random stuff. If I recall correctly you need events to happen to call you back to motherbase.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
CSCPebZWoAAcXmw.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Haha, it turns out Skullface is of Hungarian origin! Always good to see when film and videogame makers use our little country for something in their stories.

Caim

Arcane
Haha, it turns out Skullface is of Hungarian origin! Always good to see when film and videogame makers use our little country for something in their stories.
So I take it the soldiers he talked about regarding his origin are the Germans and the Russians?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
So I take it the soldiers he talked about regarding his origin are the Germans and the Russians?
Yes, both countries occupied Hungary during and after WW2. Hungary was ruled by a foreign language, as Skullface said.

anus_pounder

Arcane

Spoiler tags motherfucker.

:shredder:

not that I didn't read up on everything before even starting the game, mind you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom