Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

Lucky

Arcane
Exalted setting could work for a grand strategy game. World of Darkness maybe as well if they went for That Which Sleeps style scheming.

Eyeball

Arcane
Paradox can't make proper gameplay to save their lives. I've zero confidence in their ability to make a non-shitty RPG, good IP or not.

Shin

Cipher
Holy shit, we need a poll on who would be the best match for making that first licensed game. It'd be fucking amazing to see a well written isometric cRPG true to the source material coming from this franchise.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Exalted setting could work for a grand strategy game.

Exalted looks like a suyper shit japanese-animation Saturday cartoon

exalted_2nd_ed___wyld___color_by_chriss2d.jpg

If you like this shit, seriously consider killing yourself.

Anime was a mistake.

World of Darkness maybe as well if they went for That Which Sleeps style scheming.

Now this is not a horrible idea. Particularly since we will be freed from Ulmicati terrible event ideas.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Holy shit, we need a poll on who would be the best match for making that first licensed game. It'd be fucking amazing to see a well written isometric cRPG true to the source material coming from this franchise.

Out of all the recent games I liked the writing in Conquistador the best. Though I've heard TW3 writing is good too.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Iron Tower Studios for a Hunter game
I'd play it.

Exalted setting could work for a grand strategy game.
That would be pretty great, especially since that's how most of my games end up - we conquer something and end up spending the rest of the campaign fighting off attackers and expanding our territory.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
If anything, this tells me that CCP is getting desperate to stay afloat.

All of this is good news.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Sadly I don't think we'd get another game as edgy and or sexy as Bloodlines was back in the day. This is fucking important because half of the atmosphere was based on that.
This. Nowadays you'd get some politically correct dumbed down shit if they tried to make a game in the vein of Bloodlines.

Still, maybe they'll do something with the franchise now, so I'm cautiously fapping.

Perkel

Arcane
Is Cities Skylines that good? Never played it.

Arguably better than SimCity4 in current state. It became also their first 1mln seller. It wasn't inhouse dev though. Paradox found some small dev which had interesting project and basically provided them with funding.

Either way this speaks a lot more than words:

WuywQXz.jpg

F8IWHU2.jpg

gfw08Z6.jpg

sRhwmOi.jpg

and it works like a champ too on Unity5 no less

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.whitewolf-publishing.com/

Tonight, the original saga of monsters among us continues! On October the 26th 2015, Paradox Interactive acquired White Wolf Publishing and the World of Darkness. White Wolf is based in Stockholm, Sweden, with a brand new team and a focused vision. As a separate company owned by Paradox Interactive, White Wolf is dedicated to bringing its gritty and mature brand of participatory storytelling to fans new and old. This vision will be realized in multiple digital games titles, across a full range of media and immersive live-action events.

hivemind

Setting is not enough to carry a videogame 9/10 cases.

This news is overall interesting but I'm not getting hyped for anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom