Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unban TNP

Where are the TNPs of yesteryear?

• Right here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Whence came all this furfaggotry?

Riso

Arcane
The Yiffster said:
Could an administrator please remove it?
The Codex can't have fallen so low, can it? This place used to have standards, and even deep in the murk of tubgirl and goatse, there used to be at least some unwritten rules.

If you allow pictures like this - well... it speaks for itself.

Why are you so riled up about this picture? Did your grandfather die by falling into a pit or something?

Durwyn

Prophet
Riso said:
The Yiffster said:
The Codex can't have fallen so low, can it? This place used to have standards, and even deep in the murk of tubgirl and goatse, there used to be at least some unwritten rules.

Why are you so riled up about this picture? Did your grandfather die by falling into a pit or something?
No plz seriously... Dumbfuck is too small punishment for this dickhead...

Nedrah

Erudite
What? Who's the dickhead? What's even going on? And is there seriously anybody who can't see how grandfathers falling into pits don't have anything to do with shit?

spacemoose

Erudite
Riso said:
The Yiffster said:

lulz

Cockgobbler 2.oh on the SA forums said:
Today my History class took a field trip to the Museum of Tolerance. Its a museum showing kids not to be prejudiced and all that good stuff. Anyways, one exhibit is two doors next to each other. One door has a sign hanging over it saying "Those with prejudice walk through this door" The other door's sign said "Those without prejudice walk through this door". Obviously the door for people without prejudice isn't openable because as the tour guide says "Everyone has prejudice". So, I start tugging on the door and say "What the hell is wrong with this damn door, did some damn Jew make this?" and the tour guide kicked me out and I had to sit in the bus for 15 minutes (the rest of the trip). When we get back my history teacher found out what I did and had a fit and I get suspended. What a fucking way to end a week.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I was writing this thing about TNP was just a dumb kid worth keeping around for the fun till I realized I'd mixed him up with Walkin' Dude yet again. I have no idea why I get them mixed up. Same with Koki and Riso, sheek and general samov, etc.

Nedrah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
[...]till I realized I'd mixed him up with Walkin' Dude yet again. I have no idea why I get them mixed up.

Yeah, no idea either, but it happens all the time for me, too.

JoeDirt

Scholar
might want to start taking ginkoba. not that hard to keep straight who's who, especially in forum where u have 30 thousand posts

Jasede said:

As much as I hate Nazi ass holes ( my name is actually taken from a rasputina song about fictitious girls who would use plants found around the birkenau encampment to ease the pain of prisoners, something I felt deeply touched by) but free speech is free fucking speech. That means any hate filled, stupid bullshit anyone can come up with. You have the right to call him a douch, and the admins can ban him or anything else since they run the site, but since they have not I assume they plan to uphold some semblance of free speech.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Durwyn said:
Riso said:
The Yiffster said:

No plz seriously... Dumbfuck is too small punishment for this dickhead...

I actually lawed at it.

I agree we should unban TNP, we are all hes got.

I also don't see anything offensive about nico pic. Jasede is being a drama whore again.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Jasede said:
Remove the fucking picture you fucking cunt.
Nedrah said:
So get rid of that pic already, I'd appreciate if Nicolai would just do it himself. I understand how it's meant to be funny, and I've no hard feelings, but certain things shouldn't be trivialized so easily.
Maybe if you hadn't killed the Jews we wouldn't have an excuse to post those kinds of image. Hmm, ever think about that, you nazi fucks?

Nedrah

Erudite
This kind of humor gets tiresome very quickly.
Oh wait, that was sarcasm, right? Then it's cool, obviously.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jasede said:
The Codex can't have fallen so low, can it? This place used to have standards...
That was before you started making threads about sexual orientations, sharing your furry fantasies, and added that link to your signature.

HerbBoyOfBirkenau said:
... but free speech is free fucking speech.
Uh, no. Why? See the quote below.

That means any hate filled, stupid bullshit anyone can come up with.
Sounds wonderful.

Ok, let's sort it out. The picture is gone. Nico, be a doll and don't post it again. Riso is banned (look at the plus side, now we can rename the thread to "Unban TNP and Riso!"). Did I miss something?

sqeecoo

Arcane
What, banning someone because of an insult? Delete spam, but for god's sake stop banning people. If the codex goes to shit and dies, ah well, everything comes to an end, but if it first becomes just another moderated forum, then it will die in disfigurement and shame.

EDIT: Yes, really, I don't see why you are prepared to break your policies and ban people because of their views or because a single insult, but you allow all the shitty (although somewhat funny) spam to live. Clean up some of that shit, and lets have a few nice discussions, like not so very long ago.

Vault Dweller

Developer
sqeecoo said:
What, banning someone because of an insult?
Riso was warned twice. Apparently he's a slow learner, but that's hardly my problem, is it?

Delete spam, but for god's sake stop banning people.
You say it like I ban people every week.

If the codex goes to shit and dies, ah well, everything comes to an end, but if it first becomes just another moderated forum, then it will die in disfigurement and shame.
It *is* a moderated forum now. Live with it. Or stop posting shit, in which case you'll hardly notice the moderation.

Welcome to teh future!

Vault Dweller said:
Jasede said:
The Codex can't have fallen so low, can it? This place used to have standards...
That was before you started making threads about sexual orientations, sharing your furry fantasies, and added that link to your signature.

HerbBoyOfBirkenau said:
... but free speech is free fucking speech.
Uh, no. Why? See the quote below.

That means any hate filled, stupid bullshit anyone can come up with.
Sounds wonderful.

Ok, let's sort it out. The picture is gone. Nico, be a doll and don't post it again. Riso is banned (look at the plus side, now we can rename the thread to "Unban TNP and Riso!"). Did I miss something?

Yes, because free speech should only protect the shit we wanna hear and agree with right? I mean it was made so that I could proclaim my love of apple pie and Disney without fear of reprisal.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Riso was warned twice. Apparently he's a slow learner, but that's hardly my problem, is it?

Fair enough then.

Vault Dweller said:
You say it like I ban people every week.

Well, you seem to be implying that you will ban sheek in that other thread.

Vault Dweller said:
It *is* a moderated forum now. Live with it. Or stop posting shit, in which case you'll hardly notice the moderation.

Welcome to teh future!

I don't post the shit, never liked forums really. This is the first one that really interested me, because of the free atmosphere, and because no one was allowed to get away with stupid claims, in fact the would be beaten to a pulp, not just argued with. I loved the way people violently disagreed with me. That really puts one's ideas to the test.

Of course the moderation is fine on its own, but it's the *atmosphere* of the place that I am afraid for. Will people stop saying what they think, stop beating down (or trying) those they disagree with? Will there be a slight fear, a slight politeness in the tone of the posters? Will we pause a bit before we post to check if our post is "acceptable"? That would suck.
And not to mention that I really enjoyed TNP's more thought-out posts, and that anyone who can't take an uncalled-for insult should not be posting on the codex in the first place (or at least it used to be that way).

Vault Dweller

Developer
HerbBoy said:
Yes, because free speech should only protect the shit we wanna hear and agree with right? I mean it was made so that I could proclaim my love of apple pie and Disney without fear of reprisal.
I don't really care what free speech is and isn't for. Originally the Codex was an unmoderated site where all opinions were welcome. That was when it was a discussion site, known for the the strength of its discussions and well thought through arguments. These days one can mistake it for the Bethesda forums, unfortunately.

I will never edit, remove, or silence in any way an intelligent post. That's the true freedom of speech, aint it? Do you care if I remove some dumb shit or throw out a few spammers? Will that offend your delicate sensibilities?

Vault Dweller

Developer
sqeecoo said:
Well, you seem to be implying that you will ban sheek in that other thread.
No, I'm implying that I will send his new thread on a one way trip to Retardo Land.

I don't post the shit, never liked forums really. This is the first one that really interested me, because of the free atmosphere, and because no one was allowed to get away with stupid claims, in fact the would be beaten to a pulp, not just argued with. I loved the way people violently disagreed with me. That really puts one's ideas to the test.
Sure. But this mechanism that once protected the intellectual purity of discussions and kept morons under control is now gone. Your suggestion? Do nothing? Watch the morons overrun this place?

Of course the moderation is fine on its own, but it's the *atmosphere* of the place that I am afraid for.
The atmosphere is long gone.

Will people stop saying what they think, stop beating down (or trying) those they disagree with? Will there be a slight fear, a slight politeness in the tone of the posters? Will we pause a bit before we post to check if our post is "acceptable"? That would suck.
But that's what we used to have. Fear and a pause. Is my post good enough? Thought through well enough? Any holes that I overlooked that would pointed to me immediately? Am I making an idiot out of myself? Am I knowledgeable enough?

Vault Dweller said:
HerbBoy said:
I don't really care what free speech is and isn't for. Originally the Codex was an unmoderated site where all opinions were welcome. That was when it was a discussion site, known for the the strength of its discussions and well thought through arguments. These days one can mistake it for the Bethesda forums, unfortunately.

I will never edit, remove, or silence in any way an intelligent post. That's the true freedom of speech, aint it? Do you care if I remove some dumb shit or throw out a few spammers? Will that offend your delicate sensibilities?

Fair enough. I guess I should realize the difference between discussion and spam or flame baiting. I have just seen a lot of great sites go down hill that way and it would be a shame if the Codex did the same just as I am getting used to the place. That said it does seem the mods know what they are doing so I will try not to needlessly argue, it's just the paranoid trouble making ass hole in me :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom