Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I can't access the beg thread so I'm just going to post this here. Because of the latest capcom bundle I have some games that I already have in steam or will never play. If any of you want these let me know. The ones that I've censored has been used already. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the street fighter one because I already gave it to a friend but he decided he won't play it and told me to give it to someone else.

Edit: DMC given away.
Edit 2: Resident Evil Revelations, and Lost planet 3 sent.
Edit 3: Only Bionic Commando left.
Edit 4: Giveaway over. Enjoy!
WrDCf5R.jpg

SFIV Ultra plz

Coyote

Arcane
Discounts that might be of interest to some here:

Aarklash: Legacy is 85% off.
Alice: Madness Returns is 75% off.
Blood is 70% off.
The Dark Eye Universe Bundle (Blackguards, Blackguards: Untold Legends, Chains of Satinav, and Memoria) is 85% off.
Dead State: Reanimated is 66% off.
Divinity Anthology (Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2) is 85% off.
Divinity: Dragon Commander is 85% off.
Driftmoon is 75% off.
F.E.A.R. is 75% off.
Grim Fandango Remastered is 66% off.
King of Dragon Pass is 50% off.
LISA is 70% off.
Mark of the Ninja is 80% off.
NEO Scavenger is 50% off.
Pillars of Eternity is 50% off.
Sanitarium is 50% off.
Shadowgate (2014) is 75% off.
Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall are 80% off.
STASIS is 40% off.
The Swapper is 75% off.
The Talos Principle is 70% off if you use one of these coupons on top of the sale price.
This War of Mine is 60% off.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is 75% off.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is 66% off.

Can't check at the moment, but I think most of them are at or near their lowest Steam version discounts outside of bundles. (GOG has had Blood, KoDP, and Sanitarium cheaper IIRC, though it also has a different version of KoDP.)

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Grim Fandango Remastered is also the in the current Humble Bundle Weekly, where you can get that and 6 other titles for $13.

Also, Eversion is 50% for $2.49.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You could have gotten Hatred for $2.50 by preordering that Bundle. I question whether it's worth that. Don't pay anymore. The game is simply sub par for a twin stick shooter.

pippin

Hatred is a mediocre version of Postal 1, and Postal 1 was already so-so. If you already have Postal 1 then don't bother.

Mozg

Arcane
Hey is the PC port of resident evil 4 fucked? I can't remember if I've heard people bitching about that or if it was somn else

pippin

I think it had GfWL (or perhaps it was 5?), so most complains came from that. But if you don't have a decent pc then there's a chance 4 could run somewhat slow and with audio sync problems.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The first PC port of RE4 was pretty shit, but this re-release is overall pretty solid. Only real complaint is that it has some pretty ridiculous system requirements for an eleven year old game.

Martius

Liturgist
I think it had GfWL (or perhaps it was 5?), so most complains came from that. But if you don't have a decent pc then there's a chance 4 could run somewhat slow and with audio sync problems.
Current version of 4 works just on steam, 5 got migrated from GFWL but strangely enough it needs it installed to launch (although there is easy fix for that). After beating whole campaign and spending few hours in mercenaries modes its decent enough. Keyboard and mouse control to my surprise worked pretty well but sadly mouse is useless for inventory tetris.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Space Hulk Ascension and all DLCs are 50% off. I definitely like this version better since you can upgrade your terminators equipment, skills, and attributes. There is a large amount of Space Marine chapters with campaigns available, I believe there are at least 6 campaigns. The campaigns use a branching storyline, so you can pick and choose which branch to take. There's a lot of gaming in this package, so I recommend it if you're a fan of Warhammer 40k.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Daedalus No Escape is a great little game, sadly it's also a criminally overlooked game. IIRC RPS was the only "official" gaming website that deemed it worth mentioning.

A larger active player base would be great but there are many smaller maps available so if you know just one or two persons who are interested in some top-down UT/Quake-like DM fun you're good to go. The game also comes with decent bots and an easy to use map editor, there are also many custom maps.

My only gripe is still the lack of variety, "Space Base" is still the only available texture set.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The only problem I see with Daedalus: No Escape is that it compares itself to Alien Breed, while several other similar games seem a more fitting comparison (Cyberdogs, for example).

Or maybe I'm missing something.

DramaticPopcorn

No, strapping upper management which is knee deep in whores and cocaine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom