Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm going to go with B. We're getting a Zhang Jue sort of feel off of the priest and we have a rather poor condition-- furthermore, he knows we're some manner of monster and yet he's not doing anything to destroy or capture us.

I would really rather stick to doing what he says is wise right now in his domain rather than attempting to run off. Besides, we do need insight on this divine magic; it's the one thing that really threatens us thus far. Staying is the best way to do that, and they're not yet hostile to us or we'd already have been boned and if we piss them off in the future I think we're going to regret passing this up.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Besides, we do need insight on this divine magic; it's the one thing that really threatens us thus far.
We really need to get to know those Spheres, they are one thing that threatens our world now that Zeus is gone. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I would really rather stick to doing what he says is wise right now in his domain rather than attempting to run off.

Technically, he didn't say it was wise, he said it was interesting. :M

Not saying it can't be both, though.

Jester

Arbiter
A
Run like hell. Knowing gods tendency to being dicks they will be more interested in Mr Hat than resurrecting knight. No distractions.

Kipeci

Arcane
We really need to get to know those Spheres, they are one thing that threateds our world now that Zeus is gone. :M
We did need to figure out more about them... jumping into the rift was a poor idea, but attempting to figure out more about what weird critters were invading and laying waste to everything around Macedonia was not itself a bad idea.

I'd rather learn about priestly magic through observation now rather than through priests striking us down later. We came here in part to figure out what threats we would face, I'd rather not flee the instant we begin to watch something useful.

edit: Well, treave, I was under the assumption that doing whatever this priest guy 'strongly suggests' is a wise idea. I don't want to be on his bad side for any reason right now, given that he appears to be some manner of crazy badass.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
attempting to figure out more about what weird critters were invading and laying waste to everything around Macedonia was not itself a bad idea.
No... but you don't do that in a direct contact with an alien force that is at best indifferent to you - and at worst, well, you can guess if it is said to write off monsters out of existence just for being there.

It would be nice to have a backup plan if such a contact does not go well, and by then it would be too late since the place would be swarming with priests.

Didn't all LPs we played teach us never to talk to a god without a Sun-powered bomb? Spheres, Dio, Nu Wa, Maiden of the Dead...

...though now that I think of it, we went to say 'HI GUISE!' to all of them, didn't we? :negative:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Don't worry Nevill!
One of these days it will work out right! Laws of probability are at our side!!!!!!!!
:ehue:

lightbane

Arcane
Casting your senses about, you try to trace the wave back to its origin. It is not anywhere nearby, but buried deep beneath the earth. You cannot tell how deep it is, but to exert such an effect on you from that distance they must be strong indeed.

Hmm, is said god an underground-dwelling abomination with countless tentacles perhaps?

"The temple is protected against those who would do harm to our gods. That divine protection crushes monsters out of all existence the moment they enter these grounds. Oh, don’t make that face, young man. I am not accusing you of anything. We do get, at times, truly devout believers who have somewhere in their far-forgotten ancestry monstrous blood. That blood causes them to suffer discomfort through no fault of their own. In your lineage could be the blood of demons, or even angels… but as long as you are faithful, no real harm will come to you."

Yep, that pretty much confirms the priest knows Erd is not fully human. In fact, he could be the High Priest himself and/or one of the Four Gods themselves in a human disguise and we wouldn't notice it, because IIRC Mercant never paid too much attention to this world's religion. Also, the last line totally sounds like a threat for us to behave.

On the plus side, this confirms that half-human hybrids are indeed possible in this setting. Rin and some Codexers will be happy to hear that I presume.

EDIT: By the way, what's the plan if we were to leave now? Go back to Grahferde ASAP and then what? Even if the resurrection is successful, I believe Erdrick is not planning to go back to Methuss for obvious reasons (at least not until some time passes).

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
B
We are at the mercy of the Priest here, running away is posible only if he allows us to.
Stay motherfuckers, didn't you want conquer the Heavens, is grabbing scrap food from banquets all you can do?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yep, that pretty much confirms the priest knows Erd is not fully human.

Which he doesn't seem to treat as a big deal. 'You had a demon ancestor some five thousand years ago and entering the temple gives you hives, so what, here's the tithing box, put some coins in and go sit in the corner' seems to be the approach this temple is taking. The Barzamites might be more strict about this sort of thing, of course.

EDIT: By the way, what's the plan if we were to leave now? Go back to Grahferde ASAP and then what? Even if the resurrection is successful, I believe Erdrick is not planning to go back to Methuss for obvious reasons (at least not until some time passes).

There are things to do in Grahferde. Experiments for you to approve, developments to make. After that, if you are not visiting humans again, you can start reaching out to other monsters like the slimes or the lizard-folk.

Nevill

Arcane
In fact, he could be the High Priest himself
I doubt it. The man does not have a reason to hide from us, not in our current state.

We are at the mercy of the Priest here, running away is posible only if he allows us to.
He is fairly indifferent about it, but then again, he is dismissive about their religion and the Gods themselves, too. Others might not be.

Basically, yes, he gave us his permission to GTFO - if we wanted to:
Or perhaps you would like to leave as quietly as you came, and wait out the incoming storm.

ScubaV

Prophet
He said no real harm will come as long as we are faithful. I can't see Erd and especially Erd via the Codex bein faithful to any god let alone a foreign one. If we want to learn about priests and the divine best to do it on our terms not their stronghold.

A

lightbane

Arcane
If Erdrick survives this experience unscathed, one of the first things to do will be to skim through one of these holy books he's still hoarding, if only to know what people and places to avoid. Also, in the future we'll have to ensure we ban these religions from any recently conquered territory and replace them with something else, such as worshipping Erdrick himself as the only true divinity (luzly but I don't see Mercant that kind of megalomaniac yet), or even better: make up a new religion which promotes greed and materialism above everything else.

EDIT: I forgot: Said new religion should also uphold laziness as a virtue.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Also, in the future we'll have to ensure we ban these religions from any recently conquered territory and replace them with something else
What for? The Gods are not going to go away if you forbid their religion. Their existence maintains the faith, not vice versa.

We already have an experience of suppressing a faith with extremely harsh means in Epic. It turned the religion into a cult, and the faithful into a well-organized terrorist group.

The religion of greed sounds sweet, though.
Nevill A
asxetos A
Azira B
Gobblecock A
Lambchop19 B
Baltika9 A
lightbane A
Elfberserker B
Kipeci B
Jester A
Kz3r0 B
Tigrane A
TOME A
ScubaV A
Grimgravy B
Rex Feral B
profreshinal A
Storyfag A
Esquilax A
Random Word B

A - 12
B - 8

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B - I want some fireworks damn it. We went to the bother of carting the corpse all the way here. I want to see what happens. Of course I have the feeling this "divine miracle of resurrection" may not be directed at Wist.

lightbane

Arcane
It looks like A won by majority, unsurprisingly. Perhaps for the best. Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken treave tends to do two updates per week at most, so we won't know if Erdrick gets dunked on or not for a while. On the other hand, I believe we're close to end the second chapter, so perhaps he does a few extra these days, if only to have an excuse to give himself more time between updates.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Perhaps that is for the best.
Codex is genre-savy entity, but it's surprisingly poor at the decision making, including myself as poor decision make. Well at least decision making without butthurt, but butthurt is quarenteened at every decision, no?
Cats or dog, fetherly wing or leathery ones, boys and girls, while somewhat in no matter catagery in larger scheme of things, they do cause butthurt.

Anyway, way more exciting choices a wait! slimes or Lizardfolk guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both are quiet ckassicak enemies with fine resume as badguys fodder, but from what little we know some slimes can at least produce some kind of aphoristic substance. I wait eagerly how lizardmen can counter such devasting ability, if the choice come between those two.

Nevill

Arcane
Cats or dog, fetherly wing or leathery ones, boys and girls
1. Cats. 2. Feathery for us, leathery for others. 3. Girls.
For these values, I stand ready to fight to the death! :salute:

As for Codexian genre savvy, I have one big :lol: to say about that.

slimes or Lizardfolk guys
That issue I am not very passionate about, but I'd choose lizardfolk, if only because of potential dragon ties. :M

Also, amphibious attacks, can't forget about those. Too often people rely on water to provide a natural obstacle.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am myself a slime supporter. I liked those guys since disgea 1.
Unless lizardwomen have tits then it's no contest between slimes or lizardfolk for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom