Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am myself a slime supporter. I liked those guys since disgea 1.
I am against anything that doesn't have a tail! It's unnatural, if you ask me!:rpgcodex:

Unless lizardwomen have tits then it's no contest between slimes or lizardfolk for me.
LizardMan.png

Esquilax

Arcane
“As long as they believe in the gods, they will be forgiven. They may rejoice over that fact,” smiles the priest, uttering the words with pointed emphasis. “Now, what will you do, young man? Would you like to wait until the High Priest arrives? Or perhaps you would like to leave as quietly as you came, and wait out the incoming storm. I strongly suggest the former. I dare say it would be very interesting for you. Why, you might even be able to witness the divine miracle of resurrection…”

This ritual, I don't think it's for Wisteria, it's for us, at least to witness. This Priest is an enigma; he utters blasphemy, in a church no less, yet reassures us that no harm will come to us so long as we are "faithful". What does being "faithful" mean in this context, treave? Does it mean to merely believe in the gods, or to be obedient to them? I am guessing that it's the latter.

And since we haven't been very obedient, I have to go with A, even if I am incredibly tempted by B. Might flop, though. That being said, what do we intend to stick around for anyways? I'm not cool with staying here for unknown reasons.

Last edited:

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
B
I mean, sure, Sphere Diplomacy was a disaster, but that's an n of one. We can't extrapolate anything from that. We need more data.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What does being "faithful" mean in this context, treave? Does it mean to merely believe in the gods, or to be obedient to them? I am guessing that it's the latter.

Only the priest himself knows what he means by being 'faithful'. Of course, it would be reasonable to expect that as a holy man of some sort, he means faithful as in following and believing the religion's creed, rules and all.

Kipeci

Arcane
The idea behind sticking around is that, in addition to getting an insight on this ritual and the divine magic associated with it, our presence would make this much less suspicious than our appearing to only dump off her body and instantly ditch town. Eyebrows are still raised, obviously, but it's going to be better to stay for relations with people in the capital unless we screw something up in a new and exciting way.

Also, it's rude to just walk out without a word after going out on a date with a nice girl.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

treave, if we do stay, do we think that Barbatos will be able to survive or will he be crushed out of existence?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

treave Your capacity to tempt groups of possibly retarded individuals into self-harm is unparalleled, sir. I dub thee "Master of Lemmings". And flop to B. YOLO PIGEON! :M

lightbane

Arcane
But Kipeci, technically the date was abruptly cancelled by the "boat incident", so it doesn't count IMO. Moreover, because the lack of Erd's interest and knowledge about the local religion, this resurrection could actually be some sort of elaborate sacrifice by the local Cult of Evil TM and we won't notice until it is too late. Granted, I am certain there would be more telltale sings if that was the case, but who knows.

Just to be sure: do these tapestry images show something strange? As in evil looking figures and things like that. Also, will we be able to keep our physical techniques if Barbatos suffers an unfortunate demise?

Also, I am switching to A. Discretion is the better part of valor after all.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The State of Grahferde

“Leaving? Pity,” the priest remarks dryly as you turn to leave, though he makes no move to stop you from doing so. You leave him behind together with Wisteria’s corpse: whatever is to be done with her, it is out of your hands.

The moment you leave the temple grounds your strength returns, together with the voice of a complaining Barbatos going on about ‘cowardly runes’. Swiftly, quietly, you make your way back into the inn just as the presence of guards on the streets begins to increase. It looks like the storm that the priest mentioned is about to hit. Escaping the city through its gates unseen will be too tedious. Thankfully, you had prepared a contingency for this sort of event. When you slip back into your inn room, you find that Rin had gathered everyone, even Lucy, as according to your plan. The single-use summoning circle is complete. It is a shame about the wagon you used to travel here, but luckily Runde had liquidated most of the assets you were carting about – two small sacks of coin hung heavily from his back – so there was not too much of a loss there.

Upon seeing you enter, Rin nods sheepishly. “I suppose you won’t let me stay and kill all of the people coming after us?” she asks hopefully.

Your frown tells her all she needs to know. The last thing you need right now is to have the streets of Yuiria run red with blood. “F-Fine! If you have any complaints, leave it for after we get back!” Rin exclaims.

“That’s right. Take them back. I’ll destroy the circle before following you.”

Muttering Rin concentrates, channeling her magic into the circle. With a flash of light, the summoning circle ignites and sends them back to the goblin village. You sigh, grab a brush, and get to work scrubbing.

Grahferde appears to have changed little in your absence. You suppose that is something to be thankful for: you had half expected to return to an alien wasteland after setting Zayan free on the place with little supervision. While the twins and Runde are greeted by the goblins, and Rin sneaks off, apparently thinking that this will save her from a lecture or two, Zayan comes up to you in a hurry, her hood slipping to reveal her unkempt hair.

“You’re back. Good, and not a moment too soon. I need your help to make a more efficient batch of workers than these goblins. They’re hard-working and obedient, but honestly they just don’t have the stamina to keep up.”

Leading you into the underground space – which seems to have expanded significantly, regardless of the unchanging surface – she shows you three featureless mud dolls, each as tall as a human. “I call these golems,” says Zayan proudly. “Their construction is based off the mechano-biology of the secretive dwarves, but as I cannot emulate their method of reproduction, I have instead embedded in each of them a single shard of magnatite as a power source…” She goes on to explain how they will work tirelessly to assist her, and how you are the only person around with sufficient magical power to start what she calls the ‘magnatite micro-reactor’ within each of the golems. A long and laborious exposition later, Zayan ends her speech with, “Have you any specific requests for these babies? You are my patron, after all. I have time to tweak them still, though more extensive customizations would have to wait until I refine subsequent versions.”

The golems look rather aesthetically dull as they are.

A. You ask for them to be made in a male form.

B. You ask for them to be made in a female form.

C. You leave them as they are. They are only to be used for work anyway.

Regarding their tasks, you can choose to specialize their function.

A. You have all the golems focused towards combat. They will be more agile and deadly in battle at the expense of the ability to perform too much heavy lifting.

B. You have all the golems focused towards construction. They will be stronger and sturdier, able to construct larger and more extensive structures, but will not be as effective in combat as they could be.

C. You have all the golems built for a balanced mode, able to perform moderately well in all tasks.

D. There are three golems after all, and these are just prototypes – you decide to have a combat-focused one, a construction-focused one, and a balanced one.

Continuing on, Zayan tells you about the other projects she plans to pursue once the golems are active. All of these require magnatite, and from the initial chunk you obtained from Ontoglia, Zayan estimates that there is perhaps ninety percent left, having used some of it to construct the golems. All of her proposals would use up the magnatite you have left, though of course you could always get more. There are quite a few projects, but as it is more efficient with your current manpower to pursue one to completion first, you recommend that she focuses on:

A. An early-warning network of magical wards and runes that will blanket Grahferde and the surrounding forest, with built-in defenses that can injure or kill trespassers.

B. Production of several portable summoning circles, allowing easier and more convenient mass teleportation.

C. Building a regeneration pod, which amplifies healing magic and allows for mass regeneration of living tissue. It seems that it can also be used to grow food in a pinch.

D. A magical shield generator that creates a protective force field around the village when activated.

E. An improved spellarm – the weapon you saw the Barzamite commander use to block your Lightning Spear back in Erise. It allows you to store spells and cast them later without use of mana.

Weary from the day’s exertions – from a walk around the city, to a dip in its river, you had not had much time to rest – you retire to your chambers as soon as dusk falls. Everything is quiet. You toss and turn about the hard bed, shifting your cumbersome wing out of the way.

The door creaks open. Someone walks in, making no effort to hide their presence. “Are you asleep?”

You raise your head, suddenly alert. It’s Zayan. Her long brown hair is loose, framing her face fetchingly. Dressed only in skimpy nightwear with a sheerness that is almost transparent in the pale moonlight, showing off every bit of her curves. To your surprise, despite her everyday frumpy robes, there are some rather enticing curves on display at the moment that you had not been able to notice before. There is a frightening glint in her eyes, and her cat-like grin that tells you she is enjoying this and will not be easily deterred. If for some insane reason you would want to deter her, that is.

Zayan’s pointed ears twitch, and she says, “Ah, you are awake. If that is the case, I would need your cooperation.”

“For…?” Despite your interest, you find yourself slightly wary. This is Zayan, after all. She might have something else in mind.

She comes closer to the bed, her hips swaying seductively. “Sample extraction. I have read that dressing like this is the best way to get a male to cooperate. And of course I have memorized all of the theoretical protocols required to bring the act to completion.” She flashes her teeth. “Now, drop those pants so that I may obtain a sample of your semen.”

If you had any doubts as to her intentions, they are quashed pretty thoroughly with her blunt words. “What would you even do with it?” you ask.

“Impregnation. You are a particularly interesting species, Erdrick. Perhaps unique, even amongst your kind. Perhaps even endangered,” replies Zayan in a low voice as she leans towards you. Raising a hand to the laced ribbon at the front of her nightgown, she loosens it. “Quite likely endangered, actually. Testing your reproductive capability is essential for the future prosperity of your race. Now, I am not the sort of inventor that is unwilling to get her hands dirty, and as such I am conducting this experiment myself. The human child is too young, the goblins are too scrawny, and the demon girl..." She laughs derisively, a bit madly. "Well, despite her physiological suitability and high compatibility with you, she would probably faint at the suggestion. There is no other option. How would the child of an half-elf and an apparent angel turn out? This question has been gnawing away at my brilliant mind for a while now, and I need to start working on the answer. It would be an interesting activity to explore, don't you think?”

This close, you can smell the sweet scent of her skin, feel her hot breath warming your cheeks, and see a single bead of sweat roll down her collarbone and slip deep within...

You gulp. “I…”

A. YES.

B. NO.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Damn the Codex for prolonging the date then bailing before the interesting stuff happens.

A - can't say I care too much what they look like.
D - Options
C>A
A - Yes. Codex been wantin some for a long time.

Baltika9

Arcane
I actually want to turn get down to troll Lambchop. Maybe if I'm the deciding vote, but taking care of a kid will be cute.
CDBA

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A, I don't want to see female forms slaving away at hard work.
B, and hard work is what I intend for the golems.
C, regeneration pool? Yep. I want the second wing back.
A, time to get your groove on, Erd.

Nevill

Arcane
Rin sneaks off, apparently thinking that this will save her from a lecture or two
The lecture is strongly in order.

And Aria is not exempt from it, either. I think letting her know of our extreme displeasure would be punishing enough for someone who deifies us.

B. You ask for them to be made in a female form.
Everything around us will be female, if possible. The perverted scholar demands this. :salute:

D. There are three golems after all, and these are just prototypes – you decide to have a combat-focused one, a construction-focused one, and a balanced one.
Diversify and see what works, and what doesn't. Tempted to just amplify their constructive aspects, seeing how we are no slouch in combat, but perhaps an army of golems would be worth our while. We should see what they are capable of, first.

Torn between a spell-arm, a shield, and a regenerating rod. Spell-arms are insanely good, and they allow for all sorts of wacky combos, not to mention that with them even the twins should be able to release some fireworks no one would expect from them. Still, we need some sort of a defense line against whatever is coming our way.

I'll pass for now and see what others come up with.

Sure. I guess that counts as a lecture substitute. That would surely work because the whole village is bound to walk in on us.

Pigeon master race will swarm the world like locusts!

Hmm, Zayan is a half-elf? How did she get elves in her lineage, from her mother's side? I am not sure, but they might count as non-humans as well.

Maybe if I'm the deciding vote, but taking care of a kid will be cute.
With Zayan for a mother, he would probably even be let out of a test-tube on Christmas Eves!

lightbane

Arcane
Yay! An early update! Just like what I wanted!
Oh, so running away leaving early did not turn out to be a bad idea after all.

Methuss Kingdom: -28 (Shunned)
Erise Village: +25 (Accepted)
Ontoglia: -15 (Neutral)
Capital City Yuiria: -50 (Disliked)
Fortress Naguria: -75 (Hated)
Tradestown Velburg: -25 (Shunned)
Barzam Ecclesiocracy: -50 (Disliked)
Dijeh Kingdom: 0 (Neutral)
Galbaldy Kingdom: 0 (Neutral)

Adventurer's Guild: -5 (Neutral)
Nine-Fingers: 0 (Neutral)
But, in exchange, we can pretty much forget about Methuss for the immediate future. :lol::lol:I guess that also means that the resurrection didn't quite work out. Too bad, I guess we won't get that position in their libraries after all.

Anyway, my votes:

1: C. They're worker droids. Why bother making them look male or female, when you can spend that time by adding them four arms for extra dexterity. Also, Zayan is really good at her job, or magnetite is VERY efficient.
2: B. You can't go wrong with mindless but tireless workers.
3: A. This is pretty much essential. We lack any adequate defences and if someone finds the village, the gobbos won't be able to do much.
4: As much as I'm tempted to say A, it's Zayan who we're talking about. First, the fact that she discovered Erd's true nature that fast is suspicious. Second, she's a half-elf, these always have many kind of issues and are not worth messing with. Third, you know this is not going to happen: Rin/Aria/Lucy/Arlin will suddenly step inside at the worst moment possible and will be heartbroken upon seeing us, creating a ridiculous anime drama that we don't want to bother with. Finally, Zayan is quite likely to slit Erd's throat once the deed is done and she has no use for her. Besides, wasn't she like quite old too (doubly so being a half-elf). So:
B.

PS: Unfortunately, everyone knows the Codex is going to dogpile on A. So at least have Zayan cast a silence spell or something (assuming she doesn't simply knock out Erd when he's distracted).

PSS: Also, Erd considers himself a supreme pervert and yet he still sleeps in a pyjamas? :decline: of Erd. Going natural is way comfier.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Oh god...

First choice

D - make some male and some female. Perhaps we can give them sentience later.

Second choice:

D - I want to see how eaach turn out before making a final decision.

Third choice:

C - so we can get to ressurection and even ressurect Mieren

Fourth Choice:

I don't care.

EDIT: Wait it's kids, I don't want any. B

Nevill

Arcane
I guess that also means that the resurrection didn't quite work out.
Yeah, should have taken Wist with us. She'd be alive and we'd have a better golem.

But now we know that their Gods are assholes just as ours! If they are different Gods, of course. :M

Esquilax

Arcane
“Leaving? Pity,” the priest remarks dryly as you turn to leave, though he makes no move to stop you from doing so. You leave him behind together with Wisteria’s corpse: whatever is to be done with her, it is out of your hands.

We'll only find out whether we made a wise decision to leave or missed a huge opportunity a while from now. Perhaps the ritual required our presence? And:

Methuss Kingdom: -28 (Shunned)
Erise Village: +25 (Accepted)
Ontoglia: -15 (Neutral)
Capital City Yuiria: -50 (Disliked)
Fortress Naguria: -75 (Hated)
Tradestown Velburg: -25 (Shunned)

Look at us making friends wherever we go!

Well, I think that the best way to go about this is that we need our choices to complement each other. For example, if we choose construction golems, then I think a village defense project is a good idea. Likewise, if we choose combat golems, then one of the choices that are not A or D would work best. The regeneration pod interests me the most, seeing as it could restore our other wing.

As for Zayan - don't stick your dick in crazy!

B A C B

archaen

Cipher
Patron
C D C>A A

Lets wait till we get any kinks worked out in the Golems before we build our battle maid army. As such, we shouldn't waste time with aesthetics and test all variants. Though it would be funny to catch one of the twins in bed with one.

We are down a wing, Rins hand, and only have the head of our Monkly maiden. The regeneration helps us now and for any other situations that has us needing to save ourselves or others. The magical wards are my second choice. As for the last choice, FOR SCIENCE!

Kz3r0

Arcane
A
B
C
A

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom