Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bill Ropers talks some more: another clue!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Flagship Studios

Bill Roper has been very talkative lately, without actually saying anything though. The latest <a href=http://fs.ngacn.com/interview/ngacn20040225.html>interview</a> comes all the way from <a href=http://fs.ngacn.com>China</a>, so we have to rely on BabelFish, a service known for its accuracy:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> Bill Roper: We are creating set of brand-new backgrounds hypotheses, and has the complete intellectual property rights. On hypothesis rough sketch that Duan Hua the novel and the movie which mentioned with you had not all related, with was same in the past, we derived the inspiration from many places, therefore perhaps you could discover certain things and you before has met the game, the books, the movie even music seemed to have met before. Some times, this possibly is the development personnel salutes (for instance "Interspace to these works To strive for hegemony" and "Evil spirit Beast Strives for hegemony" in series many operational units' pronunciation all to have its literary reference), but majority time, this only is our former experience manifests in the game.</blockquote>
<br>
Anyway, so it's not a licensed property like some people thought after Bill's comment that <i>it isn't set in some place you've never heard of</i>, but it's their own property inspired by somebody else's property :)
<br>

<br>
<br>

Voss

Erudite
Ara?

My brain hurts.

But I love that second quote too much... partly because it sums up the fantasy genre so well, and plus its damn funny!

geminito

Liturgist
Geh?

I have no idea what any of that means...

So what is Bill Roper doing? Is he seeking hegemony?

Voss

Erudite
I think that he's talking about the prevalence of the 'Dark Lord tries to conquer the world' cliche thats more or less endemic to fantasy literature these days.

As far as Roper seeking hegemony goes, well, of course he is. He's an American businessman. Thats the point. Crush your enemies, shatter their profit margins, plunder their resources and gain total control of the market share...

Greenskin13

Erudite
Voss said:
Crush your enemies, shatter their profit margins, plunder their resources and gain total control of the market share...

OMG zerg rush kekekekekekekeke

So, any Chinese speakers out there willing to give a better translation?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Voss said:
Crush your enemies, shatter their profit margins, plunder their resources and gain total control of the market share...

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and enjoy the laminations of the women and children.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I just picture some guy who's soul purpose in life is to listen to the sounds of women and children being laminated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom