Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

TOME

Cuckmaster General
But if anything goes wrong during Erd's adventure (or the rumors aren't that accurate) our gobbos won't be completely without defenses. Other than social aspect, I don't see why we should bring Rin along.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Other than social aspect, I don't see why we should bring Rin along.
She is our strongest asset. It would depend on where we are going.

If back in Yuiria, then if we stir up enough trouble it is possible we will have the whole city after us. It wouldn't hurt to have someone powerful around. Alternatively, the angel might prove to be an exp collecor and would want to test herself against a strong opponent - we might want it not to be us.

All of this, I suppose, should be weighed against the possibility of her screwing something up. Again.

If we are going to slimes or dryads I suppose the incentive to bring Rin along is weaker, as I can't fathom something we would not be able to deal with or run away from.

Besides, don't diss social aspect. She is a fun person to be around. :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Votes:

A>B
II, III
II, VII, VIII

I don't want to go back to the city. I want to either find the dryads or slimes.
And I want to focus on healing. Seems everybody is ignoring "all clear", even though this one removes magical effects. A thing I'm most curious about. So two healing spells for me. I don't care about going incognito.
And as for companions, I wish to bring one of the children, our apprentice gobbo, and the best scout gobbo. We're going on a picnic!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
It would depend on where we are going.

If back in Yuiria, then if we stir up enough trouble it is possible we will have the whole city after us. It wouldn't hurt to have someone powerful around.

I agree. It just feels so suicidal to go back to the temple that I'm not even considering it.

Nevill

Arcane
I. Rinnefiela
IV. Lucy
The Dream Team. :salute:

cowmikazes.png

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B
Slimes, Fuck Yeeeeeeeeeah!!!
III, V
Regneneration and weapon power up should be solid choice, however I am still open about regeneration spell.

V, VI, VIII
I am interested in giving goppos more screentime and our ability make them gain more experience is good way to make them little more useful

archaen

Cipher
Patron
C > B
II IV
II
IX

My reasoning for 2. II is that we have a restoration chamber for healing and magic for protection but if we get ailments we have nothing at the moment to take care of them, especially mid battle. Another face goes without saying.

My thinking on Aria and Zayan in the capital is that everyone will link a big hat, Arlin, goblins, and a cow with us and might blow our cover even with a different face. Rin is as useless in the temple as we are and she has been a complete liability anywhere we have taken her. Zayan may be able to recognize some magic or technological trick to the suppression field that can help us rescue our bloodthirsty angel.
:thumbsup:

lightbane

Arcane
I believe we need more data about some things before we can proceed:

First, what do we know about slimes? And Zayan and Barbatos about that matter as well. From what I understood, these seem to be widely considered above average punching bags, but they don't have to be necessarily mindless creatures. They must have some form of communicating with other species at least (even if it consists in "consensual tentacle prodding"). One thing for sure is that they most likely can inflict nasty side-effects with their attacks, which are doubly effective against female beings for obvious reasons. On the other hand, perhaps we can eschew the need of disguising ourselves, since slimes would simply recognize us as another inhuman sooner or later (I recommend we take a female companion if we end up visiting the slimes, that should make them eager for "dialogue"). However, I believe we must develop our illusion magic before going to Yuria (assuming we have time for an additional trip). Their slime leader may or may not ask us to attack Yuria as part of the deal of joining us though (which won't be too bad IMO).

Second, what about dryads? Besides being forest spirits, depending on how much they care about the surrounding world, it may be possible they won't wish to interact with an aspiring Overlord (unless they only care about their forests and little else, which is a possibility). Either way, disguises and illusion might not work against them, since fairies are already experts at trickery and deceit.

Third, about the Angel of Methuss, assuming it's here and we can release it, I expect he or she is used as a power source of sorts, only being allowed to leave for rare occasions (such as "search and destroy" missions which need extreme firepower). In the rare case we free it without nasty consequences, we would have the trouble of having a new ork companion whose lust for battle makes Rin look like a pacifist, which will limit our future non-violent approaches somewhat. Worse, if it's male, he may take a liking towards our Fumblerina due her similar views about battle and violence. Worst case scenario, the angel will take her when we're away somewhere else. :negative:

Fourth, has the healing chamber been completed by now? Along with Erdrick's missing wing as well. If so, is he able to maintain flight? Might be useful for scouting if done well.

Lastly, treave, would you kindly repost the stats for our goblins companions? Just for completion's sake and/or know which ones to take.

EDIT: Also, I updated my votes to:

1. B.
2: II + IV.
3: Lucy + Aria.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A>B - We're looking to get our wood back. Dryads only make sense! Read the subtext people!
II, V
if A: IV, VIII (cow and scout) if B: IV, VII, if C - abstain

edit

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B>A - slimes sound like bros.
II
IV
I&IV>IX&IV
- Rin and Lucy or Zyan and Lucy. I actually want to bring Zayan along more in order to get to know her character, but I am concerned that will affect the quality of our defenses if she isn't there to oversee and work her magic. treave?

Kipeci

Arcane
I've thought about this a bit more, and I'll be amending my vote a bit. Since it seems fairly clear that we'll be looking over to the slimes, I want Zayan and Lucy with us-- Zayan because it reduces the amount of time for her to determine what's useful and what's not for her sline project, Lucy as a versatile, submersible draft animal with shiny eyes and a bright disposition that will be sure to cheer up the slimes.

As to the spell, status ailments are always some of the most annoying things while suffering injuries to our own person hasn't been terribly disruptive yet.

So, C>B II. IV.&IX.

Nevill

Arcane
Since it seems fairly clear that we'll be looking over to the slimes
It is a toss up between the slimes and dryads for now.

Zayan because it reduces the amount of time for her to determine what's useful and what's not for her sline project
I have asked this question and got an answer that this particular consideration won't matter. If everything pans out, we will be bringing slimes to Grahferde and she can look at them there to her heart's content. As the quality of our prefapation for the incoming expedition depends almost solely on Zayan, I would like to consider leaving her behind for now. I like our crazy inventor, but her nature is such that her time would be better spent at the lab.

As to the spell, status ailments are always some of the most annoying things while suffering injuries to our own person hasn't been terribly disruptive yet.
Neither did the status ailments. :)

Having a half of our torso torn off and having to depend on Althus to stabilize us didn't quite pan out for us. :M

I am glad to see that Lucy turned out a Codexian favorite. :lol:

Updated my vote to C>A. III Regeneration, IV Another Face. I Rinnefiela, II Aria.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Guys, I think the slimes are the more immediate option, since they're being used as training dummies by the local knights:
“I have fought wild goblins and lizardmen on occasion, yes,” she replies. “At times you have straggling raiders straying in through the Sea of Sand to the south, or across the mountains from the west. There is also a slime infestation upstream of Amscray that we have never been able to eradicate. We regularly send our rookies to train there.
The dryads aren't as immediate, I think.
Voting for B
II All Clear/V Magic Enchant
I/III/IV

By the way, treave, A Quick Tour is missing from the index.

Nevill

Arcane
The dryads aren't as immediate, I think.
Maybe... but our base in in the middle of the forest, so if we can convince some of them to relocate, we might be boosting our defensive capabilities as well.

Baltika9

Arcane
To be honest, I'm not convinced this expedition is going to be that dangerous to us. They're prepping for the previous lord of this place and we're much more capable than him, even if they're going for overkill.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
another flopper here.
B
II (
all clear), V (magic weapons)
I, VI, V

Rin, Robust and lBoss.

Look guys, this could be good chance to make stronger bonds with Rin after that little fight with raising goblins in happy family carnage.
Even, if it's not that dangerous but sharing a hobby with Rin makes us closer than ever.
That hobby being making gobbos stronger.

Edit: changed lucy to Boss

Nevill

Arcane
The danger of the expedition is that we don't really know what to do with it.

It's the same scenario we were faced with early when we thought the Barzam expedition was from the local lord. If we kill them all - wouldn't it be cause for them to involve the army? If we let them know Erdrick is here, wouldn't that cause Brescia and Co. (by which I mostly mean the Crown Prince) to crack down on us?

It might be better not to involve ourselves directly and let our monsters do the work just so it would seem like a regular monster infestation. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Edit: changed lucy to Boss
:argh::argh:

Robust and Boss are unpopular. The Codex prefers scholarbro Runde (and I personally like Petze, she is a good scout). You might have better luck with them.

Also, what is up with all the votes with 3 picks? The Codex wants to have the cake and eat it?:rpgcodex:

Looks like Lucy will be a given, so we can only choose one more companion.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think it's quostion about three diffrent monsters and risks.

A
It seems that this is about midlevel monsters and mid level risks. Gaining more information near our base is also big plus, if we succeed.
Those old dryads are bound to know lot of intresting magic due being hundreds of years there and learning nature magic would strenghten us and our more magical inclined companions such Runde and Aria?

B
Seemingly lowish level monster with low level of threat? All I can think of is some appreantice knights and slimes, but some older or lord slime might cause a trouple.
We could get more grunts with defence bent and those chemical prduction system is no joke, if you got brains who can make use of them.

C
AAh, the angel.
We could get one of city destroying huge threat level monsters and also more lore about our race.
That being said we would have to face one of biggest threat to us now and in long term, the capital city of methussian. I am sure that we try to be all sneaky, but one too many mistakes and the whole city is at our wheel and even with Rin and ourself this would be extremely risky.
And that is assuming that the angel cooperatives with us.

:argh::argh:

Robust and Boss are unpopular. The Codex prefers scholarbro Runde (and I personally like Petze, she is a good scout). You might have better luck with them

What can I say?
I like those loyal gobbos and i have soft spot for underdogs:lol:
I guess I want to reward for their fanatic loyalty with experience, because I know that those little buggers don't have chance against our waifus like Rin or Aria nor against named special pretty henchmen like Arlin, Lucy or Zhayan.

No matter how well they would serve us, no matter many sacrifices they make for us and no matter how undying loyalty towards us most goblins don't even have snowball in the hell chance to travel with us and growing more powerful and seeing new things.
Nobody really give them more thought than they would give to ass hair, so I try to give little buggers a small chance to be known and grow.

At this rate they will be nameless mooks...Our dear loyal goblins will be nothing, but sacrifice lambs to novice adventures while they served us with absolute loyalty us.

lightbane

Arcane
People here are underestimating the value of illusion magic. :rpgcodex:

IMO we need advanced illusions that cover our features ASAP if we wish to return to Yuria and/or visit other human settlements, sooner or later the rumors of a "strange individual with a hat" will spread everywhere. Besides, we're a magic-focused character, so weapon enchantments are useless for us at the moment (plus these will not work well against slimes, considering their high resistances). Changing the topic, for now the slimes are winning, as expected. Note that they're close to Galbaldian territory, so it may be useful for us to be sneaky and gather as much info from that place, in preparation for our future visit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom