Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This is officially the funniest fucking thing I have seen all year.

uymjYMr.png

Drowed

Arcane
And on STEAM, Fallout 4 has a 80% approval rating. (Witcher 3: 93%. Skyrim: 91%.)

Anything below 85% is 'underwhelming' on STEAM.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ALL of the content in the restoration pack was unnecessary. But that was the point of the mod.

There was a reason BIS cut all that content. :M

Mustawd

Fallout 4------87/4.7

I remember the level of hype around Skyrim, and F04, sir, is no Skyrim. So scores seem in line with how fast hype will die down. Still will sell oodles of $$ tho. And they probably put in a lot less effort than Skyrim.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
:lol: From some people that I work with........

The plebs giving bad reviews were expecting Bethesda to do something new with the ip. Most of the shit I've read say they have problems with the dialogue and pace of the game. Its like they've never played a fallout game before

Actually played the first 3 fallouts religiously and still stand by my conclusion. Dialogue wheel or not, the narrative through ALL the fallouts has always been terribad, but that's part of the appeal. Dialogue wheel or not, its supposed to sound ridiculous....as for the FPS element to it, meh. It is what it is. FO4 isn't any worse than FO3 on release.
As for base building, meh. You don't have to invest that much time in it if you don't want to.
Biggest issue I have with it is the fact its a console port...but that's Bethesda so meh, its expected

I suddenly wish I lived in America so I could get a gun.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Remember, remember,
the 10th of November,
the Fallout treason and plot;
I know of no reason
why the Fallout treason
should ever be forgot.

Black

Arcane
Actually, the release was kind of the 9th in Europe.

Finally Europe gets a 9/11 of its own. Too bad it was also so much devastating than Murkan one.

RainShaman

Novice
I can't but admire Bethesda for creating such a mediocre product and still have it sell like hot cakes.

Again I dunno If I agree that the reviewers favor FO3:
What is this, an NMA invasion? Or has the general gamer inclined????? Half of these don't even mentioned the original FO3. There are more mentions of skills & choices than immersion. I never ever hear of anyone mentioning New Vegas just in passing. Actually I remember NV being quite heavily criticized. This includes FO1 and FO2 old skoolers, who don't mention FO3 or NV. wtf?
Well, as far as I know the pc version of FNV has a higher user score, it was more successful overall, especially on Steam, and is much more loved on places like Reddit, and most gaming forums. The only places I've ever seen Fallout 3 preferred over New Vegas is on Facebook and Youtube, and even then it's pretty even.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Steam reviews heavily favor FO1/2/NV over Bethesda shit, so there certainly are enough people who prefer those games...
Fallout : 94%
Fallout 2 : 94%
Fallout 3 : 83%
Fallout NV : 96%
Fallout 4 : 81%

People who liked FO3 were often introduced to the franchise with FO3 itself. People who preferred NV over FO3 on the other hand usually played FO1/2 already.

Last edited:

Stinger

Arcane
Remember, remember,
the 10th of November,
the Fallout treason and plot;
I know of no reason
why the Fallout treason
should ever be forgot.

I can see no reason
why Bethesda this season
should not be lined up and shot

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
What the hell? Is this the work of hundreds of NMA sleeper agents? I refuse to believe standards have actually improved...
CURRENT PLAYERS PEAK TODAY GAME

485,375 765,504 Dota 2
217,282 445,546 Fallout 4

In the end it won't matter anyway - it's already earning them big buxxx. They only have started milking the franchise and some negativity won't affect the sales made by hype. Other popular franchises need at least 2 flops in a row before it seems to start affecting the sales (and even then the next installment is in the works (ass creed and cod games for example)). You have to reach the levels of that last Batman game to really flop a big franchise game (and even then it was because of complaints about technical issues, not gameplay).

Also:
wDUNC3a.png

Codex is Bethesda hate central and there's plenty of D1Pers anyway :roll:

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
This kind of reminds me of the Oblivion Exodus. Bethesda had just made the new 'enhanced for morons' RPG, and the Morrowind Faithful were horrified, broken, and when they complained, their God Bethesda, and the holy big reviewing sites, looked down on them and laughed...meanwhile, millions of robed fresh acolytes were entering the new temple, enthralled with this new RPG seemingly built just for them!

"I couldn't find Caius Cosades! Nobody could!" said one new believer "And equipping a ring??! WTF DOOD!?!" he went on "Now I just follow the compass man. It is so awesome. I just run blindly in the direction of the pointer and WHAM! Something awesome happens!"

Another glassy eyed disciple said "You know...I wanted to be a mage, but then the stupid game (Morrowind) doesn't let me do quests for the other guilds...and then they fucking force me to play one HOUSE! FUCK YOU OLD BETHESDA! Now I can be whoever I want to be, and do everything, everywhere...fuck I feel awesome!"

I remember those days. It seemed the Codex was, truly, the one bastion that held the gates and spoke of a different reality to every.single.other.site. The Morrowind refugees turned up here, with their few belongings...it was sad. sniff.

As Oblivion was known as the NEXT GEN RPG, could Fallout 4 be the NEW NEXT GEN? Could there be a large exodus of Oblivion faithful asking for alms at the Codex gates shortly?

Whatever happens, it is all good entertainment.

Black

Arcane
Suicide Bunny offlline for so long :(
Other than that, no one on my friend list plays fo4. I encourage everyone to cleanse theirs as well.

likaq

Arcane
Age of Decadence:

steam 85% positive reviews
metascore 84
user score 8,1

Fallout 4:

steam 79% positive reviews
metascore 87
user score 4,6

:lol::lol::lol:

:incline::incline::incline:

m_s0

Arcane
I have my reservations with the FO2 Restoration Patch. The sunken submarine was unneccessary.
I'd stick with the patch. The additions are distractingly inferior.

Speaking of metacritic, this one made me chuckle:

Bethesda, let me offer you some advice for your future games; First, take some computers to your local zoo. Next, toss those computers into the monkey cage. Now, watch them carefully and takes notes on how a superior game developer does it and try to learn from it.

Nas92

Augur
As Oblivion was known as the NEXT GEN RPG, could Fallout 4 be the NEW NEXT GEN? Could there be a large exodus of Oblivion faithful asking for alms at the Codex gates shortly?
There are already people saying that "it sucks, Fallout 3 was god" so yeah, I think this is quite possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom