Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Remember Blaine up the stream, not across. Only way to be sure.

Gerrard

Arcane
In the 4-5 hours I played I found like 5 fusion cores. And stumbled upon the Fat Man.

I wish you could just call the power armor drop delivered for you via a vertbird for maximum awesome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
962d0501a0.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How amazingly sloppy is the music, anyway? Why is it the exact same songs being played from Fallout 3 on the "diamond city" radio ;D

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria

(video by Gopher, maker of the Immersive UI, Director's Chair and a shitload of mods for FO3/NV/Skyrim)

Excellent video, although i found the key rebinding in tw3 better. And agreed with gopher, it is completely baffling that they cannot get this right. It is so fucking easy. Also you get to use 3 keys for a similar action, tab, esc and e or something. Completely fucked up.

If i made my software like this i would probably be shot. The ui is so important, i usually make early prototypes with just the ui for folks to test and give feedback on. Bethesda has shit developers or just doesnt give a fuck.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
How amazingly sloppy is the music, anyway? Why is it the exact same songs being played from Fallout 3 on the "diamond city" radio ;D

Because then they don't have to pay more money than they have to.

We're talking about a company who decided to start charging $10 for a game that has been F2P for 5 years, which was based on a game released in 1999. The same company who decided to release their game on retail disk with only a single DVD containing 5GB of a 30GB game. I think their greediness might have overtaken even EA and Activision.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Just did a quest involving a bunch of 1920s gangster LARPers. 20s gangsters in a Fallout game...have you ever heard of anything so stupid?

Sykar

Arcane
Excellent video, although i found the key rebinding in tw3 better. And agreed with gopher, it is completely baffling that they cannot get this right. It is so fucking easy. Also you get to use 3 keys for a similar action, tab, esc and e or something. Completely fucked up.

If i made my software like this i would probably be shot. The ui is so important, i usually make early prototypes with just the ui for folks to test and give feedback on. Bethesda has shit developers or just doesnt give a fuck.

Well he is wrong on one account. This is why some, like me, do not even bother torrenting this crap.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Was watching this

Holy shit it's like they've taken every feature from this mod for New Vegas and implemented in fallout 4. Even the last perk when you rush with power armor and enemies fall down is in here.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Some of the pictures posted in this thread have made me feel like playing good old Half-Life again.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So... sometimes when I talk to NPC, the game says "Cosworth likes that". What exactly does that mean, Codsworth won't say shit about me? I thought this game didn't have karma and reputation system.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Was watching this

Holy shit it's like they've taken every feature from this mod for New Vegas and implemented in fallout 4. Even the last perk when you rush with power armor and enemies fall down is in here.

I bet they fail to implement the stuff 1/2 as well as the modders did.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So... sometimes when I talk to NPC, the game says "Cosworth likes that". What exactly does that mean, Codsworth won't say shit about me? I thought this game didn't have karma and reputation system.
Followers have an approval system like dragon age inquisition, for example you steal something from someone's house... Companion disapproves of your wasteland survival skills.

There is no evil path or solution to quests anymore, just play as the last Republican on earth, fighting the good fight against them filthy mutated emigrants who took over your city.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The funniest thing I've noticed while watching the gameplay videos is that when the protagonist (or any of the npcs) wears some kind of mask/helmet that hides an entire face the conversations instantly feel more natural and the uncanny valley effect goes down:lol:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, there's like a list of names that the house robot from the beginning can say. Todd is on it, naturally. I fucked up by naming my character Alison instead of Allison, though.

Uhh house robot can work for 200 years but power armor lasts 5 minutes?
:deathclaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom