Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

Mortmal

Arcane
How are you fuckers frothing at the mouth over this release while the Underrail announcement sits just below with just 15 comments?

Its not released and not controversial. Just another annoucement of early access game dragging on development since years , no matter the quality of it . Thats the kind of game codex would put on the front of the shop show case to look good, but few are really interested in.The graphic level entry is just too low, no butthurt and lulz to be found there either.

lms04

Literate
After finishing the main story of Fallout 4 I accepted the series fate.
The chance of any RPG gameplay depth in future entries as well as the odds of me being interested in them is 0. That is the path Bethesda chose, to turn Fallout into a openworld shooter. A dull, boring one at that. And given the story and worldbuilding abilities of Bethesda I'd rather stick to the FarCry series.

And what pains me the most is that the license is extremely successful. No chance for the Old Yeller treatment.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why do people still give a fuck? We have 3 great fallout games, maybe some enjoy Tactics too. That's more than most franchises.

A user named cat

I can't believe another Fallout game is already out. Feels like shitty FO3 just came out a year ago. Time flies in the decline.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
BsNJ0ZB.jpg

FHsJoec.jpg

Last edited:

vealck

Novice
Over 20 years in the business, and Bethesda still failed to write an AI that would allow NPCs to navigate around a goddamn car on a flat surface without getting stuck.

I'm starting to think that the future 9,99$ GOTY edition of this will still be somewhat overpriced.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are some hopes for mods here, no?
At least they claim to have improved the moddability...

No way to fix the story or writing, of course ;)

Machocruz

Arcane
As far as open world competition, Rockstar has been anally raping every other AAA open world since the PS2 days, in quality and sales. Red Dead Redemption by itself is better than any post -Morrowind 'tard game, any FarCry, any AssCreem and probably Witcher 3 too.

UnknownBro

Savant
Fallout: Cartoon Edition (with lunchboxes).

I think I'll pass. Not even worth the electricity for it.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The chance of any RPG gameplay depth in future entries as well as the odds of me being interested in them is 0. That is the path Bethesda chose, to turn Fallout into a openworld shooter. A dull, boring one at that. And given the story and worldbuilding abilities of Bethesda I'd rather stick to the FarCry series.

And what pains me the most is that the license is extremely successful. No chance for the Old Yeller treatment.
Ah yes, I remember this...5-6 years ago.... course it was Dragon Age and Bioshock that woke up my bitterness and cynicsism.

I'm actually having fun :M

It can barely be called an RPG by any definition of the world (let's not call it by what goes before the 4) but at least the game world makes more sense than that DC crap, and offers a bit of challenge with no mods. So far the only serious cringe momement for me was that gypsy/medium/junky lady.

But again, my expectatives were really low.

lms04

Literate
Ah yes, I remember this...5-6 years ago.... course it was Dragon Age and Bioshock that woke up my bitterness and cynicsism.

Thankfully this bitterness and cynicism is countered by the joy and glee of many good games. Hell it makes me appreciate them more. Besides sweet and bitter are not the only flavours in the universe.
I will see beloved franchises rot and be milked to the bone.
I will see shiny, exciting franchises be borne, only to suffer the same fate.

And you know what? I am okay with that as long as I get to enjoy them at its peak.

jimmy_pvish

Savant

Obsidian will fix it (?)

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Undoubtedly, another masterpiece by Todd Howard. He's the greatest creative and artistic mind of the new Golden Era of RPGs.

上文为反语,笨蛋

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Funny...the moment pre-ordering games became popular the trend of releasing Demos went down.

Oh, they released one :oops:... Did anyone play that?

Naraya

Arcane
November 13, 2015 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that its award-winning game, Fallout® 4, is generating record sales at retail outlets and via digital download for Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC. Bethesda launched with approximately 12 million units worldwide to meet day one demand, representing sales in excess of $750 million. The collector’s edition, the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy™ Edition, sold out within hours of its announced availability.

http://bethsoft.com/en-gb/news

:decline: indeed.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
"representing" sales does not equal ACTUAL sales. But they are still going to make MILLIONS on this anyways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom