Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shinobigami Kickstarter

Silva

Arcane
A little update explaining the "wheel of hate" between clans. Funny. This how this is looking more and more like a Vampire the Masquerade's hyperactive younger brother.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-ninja-battle-tabletop-rpg-from/posts/1413551

"The Six Clans of the World of Shadows

2agixrs.png

Hi everyone, Matt here. I'll be presenting a series of articles showing off the clans and all the cool options you'll have when creating your character. For now, I'll be sticking to the first book, which means that I'll get into the subclans later on.

First, I want to talk about the 6 clans in general. Over the hundreds (thousands?) of years since the First Ninja, groups of ninjas have been fighting for control over the world of shadows. In the warring states period, when Oda Nobunaga marched across Japan and the Tokugawa shogunate first took power, 12 distinct clans fought amongst each other. As time passed, some of these clans were absorbed or combined into larger clans while others were wiped out. Eventually, we were left with the 6 feuding clans we are familiar with today.

a972c7d7c28614c849a2baaa38df5642_original.gif

Each clan has a specific goal. Each clan also has a clan that it is hostile to, usually as a direct or indirect result of that goal. For example, the Kurama Shin Clan is trying to prevent the resurrect the Shinobigami, which means that they must hunt down the Bloodline of Oni. This leads to something I call "the wheel of hate," as seen above. Everybody in the World of Shadows is hunting someone, and are being hunted in turn.

It is highly recommended that all players in a session choose different clans for their characters. Since characters earn XP for working towards their clan goals, characters start the game loaded with conflict and tension. What will you do if you end up feeling loyal to a rival clan? Do you follow your heart, or your clan's rules? This is what makes real ninja drama!

In following updates I'll talk about each of these clans, the kinds of characters that may fill their ranks, and the cool special abilities that each clan has access to. Then, maybe I'll spill some of the secrets of the Shinobigami...

Thank you again for your support!"

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
This is looking more and more like a Vampire the Masquerade's hyperactive younger brother.
This statement is actually a lot more true than you think - it's part of a series of other games (under the line of "Saikoro Fiction") and the early ones are clearly inspired by World of Darkness ("Magicalogia" = Mage, "Hunter's Moon" = Werewolf etc)

http://www.bouken.jp/pd/sf/ (All games in the series)

Gameplay wise, I would recommend this particular to fans of Paranoia - it has a similar sort of "you're technically friends but secretly enemies" set-up going on

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom