Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I will have to re-check, I have absolutely no memories on joining any guilds yet, but then again I rarely remember weekends these days. <.<

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Why. Why. Why. Did I check the SWTOR forums and see people (Euros) complaining about the downtime. Do they want Americans to work graveyard shifts? Some people want two maintenance teams, one for night one for morning.

SMH.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
They could just not screw up maintenance. Has anyone been able to update to the new patch?
Yeah it's back up.

I did a trick which uninstalled Bitraider (the streaming client shit) and went back to the older, regular download. Had to redownload the game. Then again I never had problems either way. I just figured it'd be better to foolproof the system.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I did what?

Wait I mean, I am in guild??

Bloody hell you drunken blackouts always offering surprises.
Do you have a level 48 Sorc? "Keldalisque"? Otherwise I'm pretty sure you got in the guild with some other character.

It might have been Matt who deposited those items though, that Sorc and his Sniper have really similar names.

---

Edit: It was Keldalisque who deposited stuff.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Do you have a level 48 Sorc? "Keldalisque"? Otherwise I'm pretty sure you got in the guild with some other character.

It might have been Matt who deposited those items though, that Sorc and his Sniper have really similar names.

---

Edit: It was Keldalisque who deposited stuff.

My only current potential character to join would be Arianet so unless that one is in the guild then there's been some mix-up.

Jensen

Novice
I did a trick which uninstalled Bitraider (the streaming client shit) and went back to the older, regular download. Had to redownload the game.
Yeah that is actually good idea.

I guess it would be smart to install game from original discs and then change launcher.settings if needed, so that PoS BitRaider won't be used. This way I could save few GBs and a bit of time...

Did you remove permanently that BR from your computer Mangoose?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Grabbed some stuff from the guild bank to try to sell.

We have a Guild Bank and a Legacy Cargo Hold and a Mailbox in the Guild Stronghold now. I bought the wrong item for the regular Cargo Hold so oops. (Thus why I'm selling some stuffies)

--

Edit: K we have a Guild Bank, Legacy Cargo Hold, Character Cargo Hold, and a Mailbox in the room you spawn in.

Guild Bank is on the left side

Legacy and Character Cargo Holds are on the right side, with the Mailbox in between.

so don't fucking get confused.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I did a trick which uninstalled Bitraider
Bitraper is such a bullshit thing. When I reinstalled SWTOR it defaulted to streaming client, download went veeeeery fast... but then I couldn't start the game. Had to set it to old style and redownload EVERYTHING at 1mb/s. Are they telling me they can't just change the flag for files and have to redownload all soundfiles and textures already present? Stupid monkeys...

Deleted member 7219

Vaarna please can you stop your shitposting in this thread?

hakuroshi

Augur
Grabbed some stuff from the guild bank to try to sell.

We have a Guild Bank and a Legacy Cargo Hold and a Mailbox in the Guild Stronghold now. I bought the wrong item for the regular Cargo Hold so oops. (Thus why I'm selling some stuffies)

--

Edit: K we have a Guild Bank, Legacy Cargo Hold, Character Cargo Hold, and a Mailbox in the room you spawn in.

Guild Bank is on the left side

Legacy and Character Cargo Holds are on the right side, with the Mailbox in between.

so don't fucking get confused.

Would be nice if other guildmembers can decorate. I currently can't.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Would be nice if other guildmembers can decorate. I currently can't.
Weird, I'll check the permissions.

Edit: Oh it's probably because there are no decorations available.

You have to open up the Guild Bank, and drag the (unbound) Decoration to the "Decoration Donation" box in the lower left. Only then is it available to the guild.

Personal decorations that you have bound, for your personal stronghold, can't be used for the Guild Stronghold. :roll:

Edit 2: Actually I just have to give everyone "Gold Keys." Doing that now.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
1) How to uninstall Bitraider. Warning it will require you to redownload all 25 gigs. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333

Tagging

For more peace of mind you can do this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3m5yav/any_way_to_install_the_game_without_bitraider/
Additionally, to uninstall BitRaider afterward:

Go to:

• C:\Users\Public\Documents
  • Delete the Bitraider folder
  • Uninstall Bitraider via the normal means (Programs and Features via the Control Panel)
And if you REALLY want peace of mind, you can do the following, because the game actually does not need to be "installed" in the registry to be played:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3ksypm/guide_to_permanently_removing_bitraider_and/
Copy the entire SWTOR folder and place it somewhere else on your hard drive.

Uninstall the game (remember, you just copied the whole thing so you're not screwed).

Uninstall Bitraider from your programs.

Copy the folder back to the location and launch the game, everything will work fine.
I actually did this because I just wanted my registry clean of all that shit. And I have ZERO problems launching client and loading the game.

Note I still needed to redownload all (or a lot) of the stuff.

Funny thing is I never had a problem with patching, but I wasn't sure if BitRaider was playing some kind of "middle-man" while playing the game. E.g. constantly streaming in new areas (from the data on my disk) instead of having the areas loaded already. I dunno. Honestly no idea if it helped.

But I am 99% sure it did not hurt. It's still bloatware, perhaps very minimal, but unnecessary shit is what slowly degrades OS installations. (Except I never fucking organize my desktop) Me, I've never had a problem, unless it's viruses/malware or that I simply need new hardware (fucking lightning bolts slapping ass and thigh of my house). But even then I'm still using a 650Ti Boost and an FX6300 (12GB of RAM though now, because every fucking browser bloats like a motherfucker and I'm a motherfucker who uses Firefox and has... .currently ~90 tabs open spread amongst 4 winodws, lol.) To finish my digression, these days I mainly use this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ (along with your preference of antivirus and firewall).

I guess it would be smart to install game from original discs and then change launcher.settings if needed, so that PoS BitRaider won't be used. This way I could save few GBs and a bit of time...
This is by far the best way, but I downloaded it this time. And even though I pre-ordered the game I dunno if I got the boxed copy. Oh well, just about two days off of a game.

BTW I can't believe people whine about not being able to play due to unexpected maintenance. Well, MMO players specifically because they're all like, I want my $0.50 back for the day you didn't let me play!

And then they spend $50 on the Cartel Market.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
There is no way the Jedi Consular will get better with such a lackluster supporting cast behind him.
They have almost no personality. I was pretty shock when a main story quest giver joined me. He was really THAT forgettable
Surprisingly the third Companion is really good and fun. I just got the fourth one, but I interacted with him through the last questline so he seems cool. Fifth one is force-sensitive... hopefully I can mold her to the dark side. Otherwise she's a bust.

Consular is the worst of Republic writing, bar none.
Ahem, Inquisitor is.

At least the Consular can just [Force Persuade] everyone. I'm going to make a compilation video of all of my [Force Persuades].

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just spent a day getting the datacrons from all planets. Had maybe 25%, mainly the ones I picked up from starting planets from earlier playthroughs before I figured "fuck it, just doing it for this one character that I'll play once doesn't seem worth it." Too many fucking jumping puzzles, too many fucking rare creeps to hunt, but at least now I'll never have to do that ever again. Worth it to put it behind me. And now, glorious sleep.

You can actually cheese the fleet datacron pretty hard on pub side, all you need is 2 characters with the grapple gun and some relogging and you can do it solo.

hakuroshi

Augur
Fuck the datacrons...

Surprisingly the third Companion is really good and fun. I just got the fourth one, but I interacted with him through the last questline so he seems cool. Fifth one is force-sensitive... hopefully I can mold her to the dark side. Otherwise she's a bust.

At least the Consular can just [Force Persuade] everyone. I'm going to make a compilation video of all of my [Force Persuades].

You have some DS options with Nadia, but can't say if it leads to anything.

I now regret not to use FP much with Consular.. I feared that it may bite me in the ass eventually but I guess I should not have worried about it in BW game :) Inquisitor had FP optiion too... once :) She could shock often though in dialogues.

Nael

Arcane
So there's a guild of Gentlemen playing this game? I might have dust off this turd and hook up. What's the info?

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just saw character transfers were like 90 Bioware Jewgolds, just sent my 55 assassin to the Red Eclipse. If we're all bandwagoning I'm joining in, and a spare inquisitor and 90 jewgolds is a small price to pay in case we stop playing in a week.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
So there's a guild of Gentlemen playing this game? I might have dust off this turd and hook up. What's the info?
Just saw character transfers were like 90 Bioware Jewgolds, just sent my 55 assassin to the Red Eclipse. If we're all bandwagoning I'm joining in, and a spare inquisitor and 90 jewgolds is a small price to pay in case we stop playing in a week.
It's on The Red Eclipse.

Guildname: <Shepards of Diversity>

To get an invite, please list your character name so we can friend you and thus catch you easily as you log on.

As for our active players, our characters (5 players but many alts lol) are:
Lubes
Breld
Krenchrada
Shudder
Vilrost
Keldalisque
D'ooine
Codexia
Tuberosa

Might have missed someone - Everyone: put your Codex name in your "Member Note" because we have some leftover characters *cough*@Bruticis *cough* and
Bliblablubb I forget who your other characters are besides "Codexia."

As for me, am very active in the game, however, for the past week or so I've been busy on Republican toons. But I'll just finish my Consular storyline (Ch. 3) really quick and I'll jump back over with the one Imp class I haven't done yet.

Just let me know when/what you guys want to bandwagon and do. I can do regular leveling up with my Bounty Hunter, or with "Lubes" the Sith Warrior I just finished Chapter 3 so I can also do Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. Or, actually, with both, we can do Tactical Flashpoints since they all scale.

Just not ready for KotFE right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't gotten my BH into the guild yet, since I haven't played her actively yet. But her name is "Azuhla" (check the VA ;) ).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Secondly, would we like to do a Republican guild? A la is anyone active on pub side? I ask because I am relegated to be more active because I have already finished 3 Imp stories, so I only have 1 Imp story to go, whereas I still have to spend time leveling up 3 pub Toons. I have no plans to continue them after Chp 3, but if anyone else is also doing kinda the same thing, we can hang out Pub side until we're done.

So annoying we can't just have cross-faction guilds. Not letting us do group content together is fine, but it totally limits communication if we're playing different faction characters. Plus I can easily transfer mats from my Pub to my Imp to our Imp Guild via Legacy Storage. Ugh, so annoying.

Or maybe if you guys want to grab me while I'm finishing all storylines, make an Pub alt and /whisper me "GET THE FUCK OVER TO THE IMP SIDE." I'd rather play together with you guys, my alt leveling is lower priority.

My pub alts would be:
"Bro-sef"
"Fems-hep"
"Mahl-lawd," and
"Marawanda."

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit, people please fucking grab stuff from the Guild Bank. There's no fucking room, I can't even donate shit. Take as much crafting material as you need to use. Feel free to take armor or weapon that you like. I mean we're donating that equipment because don't like them anyway :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom