Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The good things about Fallout 4

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The very idea that some idiots wasted time on calculating some builds for shit like F4 makes me lose faith in humanity.

potatojohn

Arcane
4VSggiZ.jpg

Fallout 4 just keeps getting better the further I get :love:

baturinsky

Arcane
Gun Nut is effectively useless, because you can take mods off of a weapon and store it for use with another one.
How you do that? When I played I must have missed that option because only way to get the mod off was crafting a weaker one on top.
When you replace part of the weapon, old part is added as a 0.5 lbs item, that can be slapped on other weapon of same type. Check "mods" tab in your inventory.

ortucis

Prophet
The MODS section in inventory keeps taking up space. Dump them all in store when in Sanctuary. I have like 50 of them in there..

But after you have upgraded weapon with a mod, you can just select the last mod you installed or have in inventory from the list without creating it again for a new weapon.

Also, I finally read somewhere about supply lines and set them up. The whole settlement bit was getting annoying and now I have 6 machine-gun turrets in every settlement, making it easier.

The game basically messages you every-time your settlement is being attacked. You can be an asshole and teleport to do that, or you can just ignore the moronic little random mission (just like moronic settlement missions "OMG GHOULS WILL ATTACK US, here, kill them all at the other end of the map") that pops up and let the machine-guns take care of the attackers. I teleported 5 fucking times, like an asshole, until I realized that it's shitty mission generated automatically to make you waste more time.

Fun fact. The Orc in your team, the Orc that loves eating people and butchering them, dislikes you picking locks or stealing. This is more moronic than Mass Effect's "likes and dislikes" for companions. Just like dialogue wheel Bethesda copied and failed to improve, making it worse.

potatojohn

Arcane
Apparently you can destroy the fusion core in a worn power armor by shooting it and it drops out and explodes like a mini-nuke

Great attention to detail there from Bethesda

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Apparently you can destroy the fusion core in a worn power armor by shooting it and it drops out and explodes like a mini-nuke

Great attention to detail there from Bethesda
And also very retardo power armor design, with the power source sticking out like a bullseye.

baturinsky

Arcane
It's on the back. I once tried to shoot it on aware enemy, could not get behind his back even on Jet.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Luck is pretty much the most 'lolwut' of any stat. Need cash? Just grab Caps Collector and watch enemies explode into caps! Tired of dying? Grab Ricochet and laugh as enemies have their rounds plink right back to them and instantly die! Want to be fucking broken beyond repair? step on over to Bloody Mess, which at max rank, can set up a chain reaction of explosions! Killing 40 raiders with one shot has never been this easier!

For some reason, they made it the perk capable of handling nearly every situation you're thrown into.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't play much yesterday after downloading it, but here are a couple of positive / mixed things:
Char generation: Loved it, the morph sliders or however you call it are fun to play around with, and I thought that the way you waifu commented on your good looks was quite creative and as a nice bonus made me care more about her faith.
Still not sure about this implementation of SPECIAL and the way the perks work, playing on highest (read: normal) difficulty level and chose char and luck as dump stats while pumping up agility and strength (wanna sneak up on enemies and karate chop them down, built some ex special forces sort of guy). The base building part kinda confuses me atm, I stumbled across some workbench and now I seem to be able to build whole towns from scratch if I collect enough junk... Weird, will avoid for now and hope the system gets a proper introduction and is integrated in the rest of the game in a way that makes sense. So far it just looks like a silly Sims minigame.

Art direction is good so far, music too (not too difficult to copypaste Fallout 1 and 2 though). And there wasn't much in the way of facepalm and derp in dialogues and the story in the intro/tutorial part.
Mind you, am still scavenging around the ruins of the starting village, so not much story so far.
Codsworth was a bit cringy, I guess they wanted to generate some cheap laughs with him, but he's still bearable imo (I can't imagine buying such a whiny-ass fake emotion robot though but that's just me).

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Pro-tip: you can get a ton of steel, wood, concrete and rubber from scavenging tires, trees and other parts of scenery in settlements in settlements.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pro-tip: you can get a ton of steel, wood, concrete and rubber from scavenging tires, trees and other parts of scenery in settlements in settlements.
Indeed. Took me a while to figure out how though. Thought I needed tools for it like an axe or sth, but no, just walk around and dismantle stuff while you're in the workbench menu.
Now I only need to find any use for that much rubber...

Btw, my awesome Ex Special Forces char in all his glory, with his trusted companion at his side.
gh0s1Hf.jpg

That dress makes me prittier (cha +2) and the cool hat luckier (+1).
Oh and with those fancy glasses I get even more prittified.
I'm one pritty son of a bitch indeed, ain't I?
:codexisfor:

edit:
And despite him having the charisma of a bridge troll my goody two-shoes ex spec ops guy just managed to convince that crazy old hippie lady that drugs are bad for her health.
The whiny robot butler approved. Everybody is happy and shitting rainbows right now.
+3 charisma thanks to my beautiful dress and fashionable glasses and +5 because I took drugs... Wait a minute.
Well, the whiny robot butler didn't approve of that, figures. Normally I say no to drugs, but sacrifices had to me made.
So fuck him, I'll do everything to serve my country ... or the people left from it, so I took one for the team. I'm a hero, that's what I am.
:kwafuckyeah:

Tl;dr:
The rpg part of this game is broken beyond repair, but in a funny way.
Shooter gameplay is good so far though.
Melee is a bit irritating. That stronger melee / bayonet attack that's activated with L Alt has the same key assigned to it as grenades and stuff you throw. Grenades get used when you press it longer as it seems, else it's the melee attack. Wished I could assign it to two keys, I tend to light myself up with molotovs all the time...

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I think the power armor design's about the only armor design they didn't fuck up in the game. Do like how they're finally depicted as they were in Fallout 1 and 2, that being the walking tanks they're supposed to be, whereas in Fallout 3 and New Vegas they just looked silly, this is excluding the fusion core dumbfuckery, though.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Everytime I see Solar Powered as a 10 Endurance perk makes me conclude they didn't even TRY to make a sensible perk chart. +2 Endurance on something that's maxed? :retarded:

baturinsky

Arcane
Useless (or barely useful) perks was in all Fallout games.
Solar Powered can have some uses.
Stats can go beyond 10 and give bonuses accordingly. And rad regen for second perk level is 4/sec, which is pretty handy and means that you will not care about build up of radiation from food and ghouls any more.

Last edited:

Zerginfestor

Learned
Useless (or barely useful) perks was in all Fallout fames.
Solar Powered can have some uses.
Stats can go beyond 10 and give bonuses accordingly. And rad regen for second perk level is 4/sec, which is pretty handy and means that you will not care about build up of radiation from food and ghouls any more.

rad regen is overall useless when an easier-to-acquire perk, Rad Resistance and Medic, exist. I'd say that effect on the perk is basically Lazy Mode engaged. Think the only worth in it is the health regen, IF it's 4/sec, which would make stimpak/food healing ridiculously fast and make Survival mode even more laughable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom