Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grab the Scholar version, DLC areas are fun as heck.

Murk

Arcane
Might as well go scholar. The vanilla game is basically empty in terms of online/co-op. Also, you won't know which things are different and which are not changed -- so it won't matter if some are "annoying" (which is both vague and subjective.)

If you want my vote, go for scholar.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Scholar was a shameless moneygrub that should have been a free update. Having said that, I think the changes were all positive and if one doesn't already own DS2 then they should get Scholar.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
But there is few months before they release DS3, what should they do until then?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$25 for this shit during Steam sale? With DS3 just around the corner, f' dat.

Mozg

Arcane
They probably just want to hit up the people that never bought SotFS after getting DS2 core for 15 bucks at some point, which is the upgrade-to-sotfs price

(got me)

Scrub is just scared of getting rekt.

Muhzaki's tiny noodle could never prepare you for big manly Tanimura dong.

:smug:

But really $25 for a huge game with 3 DLCs is nothing. Maybe 75% during christmas sale...

Mozg

Arcane
Man getting through early DS2 is pretty boring. That's not a DS1 vs DS2 thing

I wish they'd let you import saves to Sotfssfdts, the best thing about DS2 is that I don't have to replay the game to pop in and ascetic something I feel like doing

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
There's finally a -90% sale for Scholar if you own DS2 on Steam. Time to get it for those who have been undecided.

d4cd2b77ec28843c44a1adbed6c6bb7d.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Come on guys, buy a few hundred copies, maybe they'll get enough money to power up their servers...

889b4f7d732aacd36cba6b31081d0fa6.png

Martius

Liturgist
Sounds good, too bad I already finished base game and two dlc. At this point I will just wait for Dark Souls 3.

Mozg

Arcane
There's finally a -90% sale for Scholar if you own DS2 on Steam. Time to get it for those who have been undecided.

d4cd2b77ec28843c44a1adbed6c6bb7d.png
aw shit

edit - wait they didn't do this for ameribux... yet.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom