Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Is this a PC Master Race only update? My PS4 hasn't applied any BB updates in quite a while. I'm not talking about DLC, but I thought there was a free bug fix included too in the last week or two?

Zep--
I had to chuck the disk in and launch the game before it triggered the patch download. It's 9GB so you may want to let it go overnight before you actually want to play.

Too much weeaboo shit for me in the expansion... But overall it's alright I guess? I don't see myself using any of the shit though.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Seeing as I am not willing to read the 60 fan fic novella you guys wrote prior to this page, anybody want to give me the quick capsule review of this game? No spoilers.

(Probably) The only game you'll ever play where you inject menstrual blood to heal yourself and must murder babies and consume their umbilical cords to get the "true" ending. I give it a Nippon/10

If before Bloodborne seemed to be "influenced" by Lovecraft, now they straight up used Innsmouth at the end of DLC.

J.P. Weeaboocraft.

Last edited:

Sothpaw

Learned
DLC was ok at best. I liked the fishing village. None of the new weapons are as good as Ludwig's for my quality build.

Mozg

Arcane
I bet they wish they could have made spastic movement animations to go with that. The attacks look like some shit an ex-human with cauliflower for a head might do, then it snaps back to regular walking and jogging animations where it's like hi guys, I know this looks bad but actually

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's a decent DLC. More of the same, basically. My only complaint is that since it's pretty much an endgame DLC, the new weapons come so late that you barely have any time to use them before you're done. There's always NG+, but eh. It would have been nice if they'd added a couple of the new weapons to the starting selection so you could play through more of the content with the new weapons.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
That's what I said. Anyway, I still haven't gotten the Bloodborne DLC because I've got other games to play. Still thinking between Skill / Bloodtinge and Skill / Arcane. I'm looking through the new weapons and I can't find what the new Skill / Arcane weapon is supposed to be. Simon's Bowblade looks bretty cool, but I'd like to fuck around with the Arcane tools.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
For anyone who's beaten the DLC, is there any penalty if you
kill Simon for his bowblade when you first meet him in the Hunter's Nightmare? I'd like to make a build based around the bow, but I want to get it as early as possible and then play through the rest of the game with it. I'd rather not wait until the fishing hamlet to get the bow.

Talby seems to be ignoring me. LOL FAGET

AFAIK Simon
kills ludwig's head later if you don't.
But otherwise you don't seem to miss much. You still get the key if he's dead too.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My experience with FROM has taught me that it is better to kill on sight every NPC for their weapon if you want it, otherwise you're gonna have to do some shit tier "quest". I'm running a sword through Eileens heart first chance I get from now on if I want her weapon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bloodborne Servers Offline For Several Days Due To Mysterious 'Emergency Maintenance’

el9wnzdvfv7criv3resu.jpg

While playing Bloodborne last night, the game booted me to the title screen, citing server maintenance. It was annoying, but fortunately, I wasn’t in the middle of a battle. You can play offline, but From Software’s announced online modes will be down for “a few days.” There may be a very good reason for that.

This maintenance wasn’t announced, so people couldn’t prepare their playing sessions around it. Sony hasn’t said much through its official channels, but a Twitter account for Bloodborne in Japan pointed to a page with a statement:

We are currently conducting emergency maintenance on the game servers. The maintenance should be complete within a few days. We will update you again once the maintenance ends.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for playingBloodborne.

A few days is no joke, especially since the game’s one and only DLC add-on, The Old Hunters, was released last week. (I hope to have a proper review soon.)

Sony has not yet responded to my request for comment, but after digging around, there’s a compelling theory about why this might be happening.

One of the few Bloodborne developers hanging in the game’s subreddit is Tim Wernicke, the game’s lead hosting engineer. It’s not a surprise he’d be looking for comments and feedback about the game’s multiplayer in a place like reddit.

Wernicke posted this brief comment about the server maintenance:

ad00wsay9tyarhvfaoco.png

Here is the key phrase: exploit.

Now, while Bloodborne has player-vs-player mechanics that are crucial to the game’s longevity, it’s hard to imagine anything being so game breaking that it’d require the game’s online modes being brought down entirely for several days.

However, a few days ago, a user posted a thread on the subreddit titled“Old Hunter free DLC glitch.” The post has since been removed, but several users claimed whatever trick had been originally listed did give free access.

I’ve since discovered the supposed steps, but in the event it’s not fixed when the severs come back online, I’m not willing to outline them in this post. Since the game’s offline, I also haven’t been able to test whether it works myself.

Again, I’ve asked Sony about this, but haven’t heard back.

Being able to gain access to a $20 set of DLC without paying for it would definitely constitute an “exploit” that would require “emergency maintenance.”

It might also explain why Wernicke refuses to say what’s actually going on:

a5nqyaxkc42smr3rment.png

It’s still a theory, but it makes some sense, no?

It wouldn’t be shocking if Bloodborne’s online servers come back sooner rather than later, but it wouldn’t be shocking if the opposite happened, either. And if this exploit was the reason for pushing the big red button, you can’t blame them. But in the meantime, you’ll have to hunt through Yharnam on your own.

They need to stop delivering DLC content in patches and just selling an in-game item for access. Same shit happened on PC with DaS2. I doubt it's the reason though.

duanth123

Arcane
For anyone who's beaten the DLC, is there any penalty if you
kill Simon for his bowblade when you first meet him in the Hunter's Nightmare? I'd like to make a build based around the bow, but I want to get it as early as possible and then play through the rest of the game with it. I'd rather not wait until the fishing hamlet to get the bow.

Do you consider

the loss of lore bits

to be a penalty?

Because

you have several conversations with him throughout the DLC if spared.

Regardless, there's always NG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom