Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 - Character Builds

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Wonder is there any better alternative for 5.56 ammo AR than AUG? It's kinda meh. Don't even remember how it was with M16, maybe it's still better even with worse armor penetration stats more AP cost. Ammo tends to be scarce in this game, which is why i don't want both of my AR mercs use 7.62.

Also, i know there's huge thread for DC, but in one sentence - is it worth to replay the game with it? Is there anything new/better besides the voice overs?

Oh, and does spiked bracers trinket has any influence on brawler? Is there any brawler favoring trinkets at all?

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Wonder is there any better alternative for 5.56 ammo AR than AUG?[...]

Also, i know there's huge thread for DC, but in one sentence - is it worth to replay the game with it? Is there anything new/better besides the voice overs?

Oh, and does spiked bracers trinket has any influence on brawler? Is there any brawler favoring trinkets at all?

Maybe this link helps for your first question:
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14051

As for replaying, depends. There's no new content as far as I can tell. You get an somewhat overhauled system with the quirks and perks and the called shots offer some interesting possibilities in combat.
I'd say it's worth replaying if you enjoyed the game and wouldn't mind playing it again anyway.

Spiked bracers give you a small bonus to crits, I think? The crit rate is pretty high for brawling, so you might not notice it much on top. Another option might be the shoes (don't know the exact name), which give a pretty big bonus to movement. Helps reaching the enemy when you need to get close, esp. when wearing heavy armor.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So they do affect brawling? It's just that they say ''melee'' and these are two different skills in the game. Haven't got the shoes yet.

I can't say i enjoy the game that much, but it's decent. There are never too many turn based squad tactics to play so if there are some new gameplay elements in DC, will try. Don't care about content. It's mostly quite boring anyway. InXile should hire better writers, who know what brevity means.

edit: Well this is interesting. In the link you gave AUG has Dmg 70-85, while the one i got in the game has 26-32. WTF?! I thought there might be some traits that make up for low damage, but there aren't.:argh:

Last edited:

Severian Silk

edit: Well this is interesting. In the link you gave AUG has Dmg 70-85, while the one i got in the game has 26-32. WTF?! I thought there might be some traits that make up for low damage, but there aren't.:argh:

Analysis: Assault Rifles have been "balanced" in the DC version, at least to some small extent. Their damage has been increased, but to compensate for this their range has been reduced a bit and their Burst Fire now always fires two shots (down from three). Assault rifles enjoy all four weapon mod slots: barrel, underbarrel, scope, and magazine. Assault rifles generally suffer severe accuracy penalties (-25-30%) at both close and maximum range, though certain perks can partially negate the close-range penalties.

Gord

Arcane

What difficulty are you playing on? AFAIK, Ranger means you do 67% damage, and SJ only 50%, which might explain the differences (somewhat, the numbers are obviously still off).

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I play on Ranger, but that shouldn't influence item descriptions. Anyway, reading SS post i think your linked DC list. Checked another list myself and there it's all correct. Really weird how these ''tires'' work. M16 is clearly better than AUG which is supposed to be higher tire, while AK97 according to stats is bar none the best AR in the game, even though there is a couple above it. I don't feel that one point difference in armor penetration really makes that much difference.

kaizoku

Arcane
QmHOVcq.jpg

Gonna give this a shot.

:fap:

what loverslab mod are you using?

edit: saw the thread on your profile. Do you also have the hi-res pics?

that's worthy of being posted in the cosplay thread

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So, how do you solve anti-cannibalism quest in in the Mannerite's quarters? I get the quest, go back to Curly Bill, (which i already had been acquainted with) and there's no other option, but to arrest/kill him.

I like games with intricate quests, but this one seems more of a challenge against frustration.
My bad, being yet another OCD, who needs to find out the solution (good or bad) to every quest presentd in the game.

Gord

Arcane
So, how do you solve anti-cannibalism quest in in the Mannerite's quarters? I get the quest, go back to Curly Bill, (which i already had been acquainted with) and there's no other option, but to arrest/kill him.

I think there are a few ways to deal with it, but in order to get them to switch to beef, you need to
find the crazy beggar outside of Angel Oracle, near the gallows. Talk to him, then tell the guards at the entrance. You can then meet him again in the hospital. After that, talk to Mr Manners again (maybe the Doctor first, for good measure) and use the beggar as proof that cannibalism is not so healthy after all. You then get a signed letter which you can give to the Bill.

I'm not entirely sure, but if you only want them to stop with cannibalism, it might be enough to destroy the cooling system of their meat lockers.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I did all that, but the problem is that i didn't receive any letter even though quest hangs in my quest log.
edit: i take my words back. Loaded an old save and letter was there. What i don't understand is how it disappeared during the game. I never sell quest items (obv) + they cost nothing so there wouldn't even be incentive to sell them. This game is bugged as fuck.

Last edited:
I'm glad everyone chose their party builds from that Youtube guide.

Now we're all playing the same toons.

I'm getting owned nonstop playing Superjerk difficulty.

Barely managed to clear AG Center with constant reloads and dice rolls.

My party is now punching their way through Highpool with 50% or less HP.

Gregz

Arcane

At that difficulty, anything but sniper X 3, AR X 3, and 1 EW doesn't seem viable.

I mean, you can save-scum your rolls all day long, dragging each encounter into 3-6 hours, and claim to be elite because you 'finished the game on SJ difficulty', but what does that really mean? It's not difficult to save scum for hours, it's tedious.

It's your time, but in no way could I enjoy the game doing that.

Btw, this party builder guide is really excellent. I don't agree with the value of shotgun and cover destruction, I never found a use for it, but he's right-on with almost everything else.

At that difficulty, anything but sniper X 3, AR X 3, and 1 EW doesn't seem viable.

I mean, you can save-scum your rolls all day long, dragging each encounter into 3-6 hours, and claim to be elite because you 'finished the game on SJ difficulty', but what does that really mean? It's not difficult to save scum for hours, it's tedious.

It's your time, but in no way could I enjoy the game doing that.

Btw, this party builder guide is really excellent. I don't agree with the value of shotgun and cover destruction, I never found a use for it, but he's right-on with almost everything else.

What difficulty you find suitable?

Gord

Arcane
I played Ranger both in vanilla and DC without savescumming ('cept when permanently losing someone) and didn't find it too difficult.
Vanilla actually offered more challenge than DC, at least in Arizona.
Used a pretty mixed party - AR, Sniper, SMG, Shotgun, even 1x Pistol, and melee.
SJ might be different, though, but it's meant to be difficult, so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom