Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #44: New trailer, release date is now December 18th

Nines

Learned
Is this game actually ready for release?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Yes, you read right. Underrail, the game that's so good that its release date actually gets moved earlier. From the latest development update:

Hi guys. Just a quick update to let you know we're moving release date forward to December 18th. Everything else remains as stated earlier.

Also, we did a much needed new trailer for the release. Enjoy.

Just one week left!

The Lord is my sheppard...he knows what I want! :kwafuckyeah::ehue::ehue:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Interestingly enough, a lot of people have complained about TOO much expository writing and dialogue in recent RPGs, and them just being a "clickfest" to wade through and advance the story.

Wasteland 2 suffers from this, Pillars of Eternity suffers ALOT from this, D:OS, Shadowun and perhaps even AoD to a lesser extent.

Underrail does away with a lot of that, and just gets to the point, without losing flavour. This means the story and writing never gets annoying or gets boring to read through.

Meanwhile, the combat, setting and explorationary aspects are all top notch.

W2 and D:Os doesn't suffer from this. They have bad writing, pure and simple. Shadowrun has a small amount of writing, but it is biowarian. It sucks. AoD has a lot of writing, but it's excellent. I think that people who just want to kill things should just come out in the open and say this, instead of using this red herring about excessive writing.

Raapys

Arcane
I tend to agree. Pulling the release forward an entire day doesn't inspire confidence.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't see why it matters. Last played it in March and it was pretty damned good then already, more finished than the majority of titles I see popping out of EA and yet needing tons of work and updates afterwards to seem finished and become somewhat decent (which they then unfortunately rarely recieve).
If Styg says it'll be ready by the 18th, I don't see why there's any reason to doubt his word.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Still not coming out on Thursday.
:decline:
Kidding. Ain't this around the time steam sale craziness usually occurs?

I got one of the new cards for the upcoming steam sale and it says marketable on 18th. So I'd say it's exactly the day the steam sales start at a guess.
Anyway, got my copy already. or should that be goty copy already!11
Might even stay up to play it, as 18th is our 19th at about 2 in the morning.

Nines

Learned
I got one of the new cards for the upcoming steam sale and it says marketable on 18th. So I'd say it's exactly the day the steam sales start at a guess.
It says "marketable on X" because you got it from a badge, which was crafted from cards that weren't marketable (they were bought from the market less than 7 days ago). The sale cards are already sellable and buyable.
Moreover, the sale date is already known, it's December 22.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Fucking awesome.
For whatever reason, the games being released this year, like AoD and Underrail, brings the below song into my head.
Just screams victory.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It says "marketable on X" because you got it from a badge, which was crafted from cards that weren't marketable (they were bought from the market less than 7 days ago). The sale cards are already sellable and buyable.

I'll take your word for the steam sale date, but you can't buy the cards for that badge yet. Unless my steam is glitched, there is no option to buy them.

Nines

Learned

I'll take your word for the steam sale date, but you can't buy the cards for that badge yet. Unless my steam is glitched, there is no option to buy them.
https://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=mystery+card#p2_default_desc

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
This is so WRONG! I am on my first playthrough of D:OS, still in Cyseal, so will obviously not have that finished by the 18th. And it is of course out of the question to have two games going at the same time, especially first playthroughs.:obviously:

Perkel

Arcane
original.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't like the writing since it has typos in it, which annoy me. But then, almost all major games had typos in them: Fallout, Baldur's Gate, PS:T - you name it. It's not good but it doesn't get on your nerves so that's a point in this game's favor. It's easy to tell what an NPC wants or what they are telling you; the writer isn't trying to be clever or fancy. Good, in a game with this atmosphere. I recommend this game for the combat. The character system could use some work when I last played it, though; it's a bit too easy to just pick 3 skills you want to be good at and only invest in those. It doesn't really make me think about what I increase on a level up.

kaizoku

Arcane

Crusader: No Regret and Fallout had a baby. And it's name is Underrail!

:yeah:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I was hoping to see more opinions on this.

LOL you guys are fucking funny. The game's been in development for years now, and all they had left to do was some tweaking, and they moved the release up what? 3 fucking days? Y'all are straight stupid.

Amasius

Augur
Underrail does away with a lot of that, and just gets to the point, without losing flavour. This means the story and writing never gets annoying or gets boring to read through.

Meanwhile, the combat, setting and explorationary aspects are all top notch.
Exactly. Man, 2015 was a damn fine year for RPGs - lots of good reasons never to touch Fallout F4il.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom