Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck this shit, the scale is all wrong.

I don't think it would be possible to make it in a more correct scale (you mean the distance between ships, I guess). The game would be a pixel in one side of your screen, and a few other at the other end.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I don't think it would be possible to make it in a more correct scale (you mean the distance between ships, I guess). The game would be a pixel in one side of your screen, and a few other at the other end.
Cruiser counter is a circle of 3cm diameter. 1 pixel represents the ship, and the whole counter represents 3000 km diameter of its neighbourhood.

Also, the problem of representing of huge scale warfare isn't exactly something that wasn't solved in wargames like Harpoon or Command.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hope all chaos gods get equal amount of content in the game, unlike every other WH40k game where most of the chaos content is Khorne related.

Eh, all the player classes stuff in warhammer online was tzeentch.

The main problem most developers have is that a proper Slaanesh faction would land then firmly in 18+ rating, while their target demographic is 12-16. Nurgle works as an antagonist (herp derp zombies), but most gamers don't wanna play with pappys gifts. That leaves khorne and tzeentch. And khornes angry red dudes are easier for non-warhammer people to relate to. That's why they usually get the limelight.

Also, it's getting a little boring to see Awor bithching about scale. It's literally the only comment be has on anything related to battlefleet gothic. "Wah wah ships must be thousands of kilometres apart!!" We get it. You're a sperg. Get some new material.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The main problem most developers have is that a proper Slaanesh faction would land then firmly in 18+ rating

The mental gymnastics done by many GW hardcore fans to try to get a PG Slaanesh are pitiful and somewhat funny ("it's not the god of lust or related to sex, it's the god of excess! I mean, we can keep if family friendly!") but contemporary GW hates Slaanesh, and as we've seen on AoS they will probably axe it in the future in 40K too. Another step on the infantilization of Tabletop gaming, were sex is evil and women in burkas are the new rage.

About this one, Awor can be a sperg, but from the videos the ranges seems to be quite short. If they were going for a HW style thing that could be nice, or maybe it's simply a trailer thing, but all I can see are ships trading shots from meters apart. With spamming special abilities on the top.

But it shows promise. Again, the only thing that matters: please don't be shit please don't be shit being mediocre or adequate is enough

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ulminati is a despicable uncultured subhuman.

About this one, Awor can be a sperg, but from the videos the ranges seems to be quite short. If they were going for a HW style thing that could be nice, or maybe it's simply a trailer thing, but all I can see are ships trading shots from meters apart. With spamming special abilities on the top.
RTS! Tower Defence! Lane Strategy! They don't even bother to represent something a bit similar to the real thing like in Space Hulk series. Fucking gimmick game after gimmick game. I'm fucking sick of it all.

Harpoon in space. ffffffffffffffffffdsa;lkds;l;l;KL;LDS;LDSKLDS;KLDS;KL

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Reminds me sorta of Empire at War. P. cool.

Also, the guy that narrates all those Focus trailers is triggering me so hard.

It's the kind of guy who alWAYS spEAKS like THIS and makes SURE to alWAYS END his sentenCES WITH a comMA or a quesTION MARK?

I sware on me mom

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada - Waaagh! The Orks invade their way in new screenshots

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the RTS videogame adaptation by Tindalos Interactive of Games Workshop’s classic tabletop game, today reveals the Ork fleet for the first time! First hinted at in the Gameplay Trailer last month, in a post-credits sequence, the Ork ships are presented today in all their badass glory in new screenshots.

Orks are not your typical space-faring species. Their ships are usually built from scrap, hulks of other ships, and in some rare cases even from asteroids. But what their ships lack in reliability is made up for with sheer firepower and particularly strong prow armor. "More Dakka" would be their motto, and charging forward, all cannons blazing and ramming the enemy ships is a totally valid "tactic" in the mind of any Ork captain.

Developed on Unreal Engine 4, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is an RTS in which the player takes command of one of these battlefleets composed of the most powerful spaceships from the Imperial, Chaos, Eldar and Ork forces, in a no-quarter given struggle for the control of the Gothic sector of space. Players will be at the center of every fight, commanding fleets of gigantic ships as the Chaos unleash a sequential chain of surprise attacks on Imperium naval bases – the start of 20 years of warring in the sector.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada offers deep management of every ship composing the player’s fleet, both during and between battles. From the fastest frigates to the gigantic, miles-long battleships, the player will customize all aspects of his ships: weaponry, defense and support sub-systems, etc… each customization affecting the very performances of the ship and the special abilities available during battle. From battle to battle, the admirals and crew of surviving ships will gain experience and promotions, improving the battle-readiness of the ships for future, bigger and more dangerous battles.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada will release on PC in 2016

czAyFUn.jpg

fHs7z21.jpg

LaFYP2I.jpg

tvzn7fG.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still looks cool but would prefer a sim with you on Captain Throne and commanding the ship from the bridge; double plus shame is thanks to this game all BFG mods are getting take down orders by Warp Game Workshop evil Wizards Lawyers. Star Wars based ones which are ignored by Disney so far are so lame in comparison to WH. :decline:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Klingon shit. RTS games are cancer of "strategy gaming". This video literally makes me wish I could go back in time and slaughter developers of Dune II.

Quatlo

Arcane
Klingon shit. RTS games are cancer of "strategy gaming". This video literally makes me wish I could go back in time and slaughter developers of Dune II.
If you are going on a killing spree you should go get the MOBA developers instead. Dont you fucking dare touch Westwood guys.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The ships look great.
But no three dimensional movement and the scale/close distances. :negative:

Hopefully mods will fix it. It using the Unreal Engine 4 and all.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cruiser counter is a circle of 3cm diameter. 1 pixel represents the ship, and the whole counter represents 3000 km diameter of its neighbourhood.

Also, the problem of representing of huge scale warfare isn't exactly something that wasn't solved in wargames like Harpoon or Command.
we can still assume that the ships are magnified on the display or whatever. My main problem is rather with the lack of z axis. I know it was already the case in the miniature game, but then, what is the point of fighting in space?
Now I crave for a mod for Starshatter: The Gathering Storm, or even Homeworld.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
People expected there to be a z axis in this?

Did you not notice how all the ships are basically space galleons?
Pre-dreadnought battleships. Also, lack of Z axis in BFG was because it would be a problem to represent it on a flat table. It would be different with a 3D computer game.

we can still assume that the ships are magnified on the display or whatever
I doubt they are into such subtleties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom