Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Witcher hands-on preview at RPG Watch

denizsi

Arcane
Maybe if I see a positive review of it in one of the mass-media outlets..

Back to the game; locations are incredible indeed. I wonder how the overview camera mode will work in tight interiors. I hope they have designed enclosed environments with that in mind.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This looks and sounds like it's going to be better than both KotORs and Jade Empire. I'm going to need a new computer.

I really hope the game delivers on the rolepaying aspect, or at very least presents a refreshing story and ambiance. We desperately need a decent roleplaying fix. When Bioware makes some of the most hardcore RPGs on the market, aside from other attempts with potential but ultimatley flawed, you know the RPG market is in dire need of revitalization. Seems like it's coming from both the european and the indie front. Our salvation is near.

abstract

Scholar
Data4 said:
"City Militia toughs... 5 years ago, they were the PFI-- 'poor fucking infantry'... Not much has changed."

I can see the translators couldn't wrap their heads around the concept of a "pun".

abstract

Scholar
Claw said:
If you say so.

The phrase "poor fucking infantry" appears in the book when one of the minor characters joins the army; he arrives at a huge camp and is told to report to the BPP (I forgot what exactly that stands for), which is some sort of a non-combat auxiliary unit. He gets lost and asks a random soldier for directions to the BPP hq, to which the soldier replies "you've just found it, welcome to Biedna Pierdolona Piechota (poor fucking infantry)". unless I'm talking out of my ass.

Besides, "poor fucking infantry" is a bit too literal - something like "sad fucked infantry" would sound better, to me at least.

Oarfish

Prophet
This is really looking good. Its a bit of a pity I downsized my PC gaming rig - NWN2 is a bit of a flickbook during intense combat. That's not going to be tolerable in an action heavy game requiring input timing.

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
I just got an e-mail response from GoGamer about the UK Import here in the US. Simon from GoGamer states they will be receiving their Imports on Oct. 23rd and shipping them out that day. I hope this information is correct. That would mean I should receive my copy on Oct. 25th since I ordered it 2nd Day Air. :)

I had sent them an e-mail inquiring why they would hold the Import release until Oct. 31st (which is the release date for the Import on their site) even though the release date is Oct. 23rd in the UK, per The Witcher official forums.

I almost bought it from a UK based on-line retailer but have had both good and bad experiences doing that in the past.

The bad experience was when I ordered UFO: Aftermath. I waited almost a month and never received anything. After firing off a few e-mails the retailer told me he shipped it to me and that it must have gotten lost in the mail (not his words but mine since the Brits say post not mail). We e-mail each other a couple times and I advise him I would have to contact the authorities and my credit card company if I did not receive the game soon. He then e-mails me again claiming he'll ship me another copy which arrived two weeks later with no shrink wrap or manual inside, just a disc. :shock:

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
bozia2012 said:
"American RPGs are like the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas - the real one is in Europe."

Good point there sport. PST, Fallout, and Arcanum definitely aren't real RPGs.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Don't forget it's year 2007 not 1999, 1997 or 2001.

And these are not my words (that's why I used this """ and this """) - it's from the Witcher show that recently took place in Germany.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
It seems they've shipped it yesterday evening and now it's waiting for me in the post office. We'll see if it was worth these 39$ and all those months of waiting.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Goddamit, their system still can't decide whether it wants to accept my perfectly legit credit card. I've bought many things with it and it's the first time I have such problems.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Elwro said:
Goddamit, their system still can't decide whether it wants to accept my perfectly legit credit card. I've bought many things with it and it's the first time I have such problems.

That's why "za pobraniem" is the best method.

EDIT: This Sunday was a big success - we didn't have much choice, though.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Seems they have good and quick customer support. Everything should be OK, but I still got NDA-protected work which I'll have to do till the end of the week, so I can wait...

edit: in unrelated news, this post: http://forum.gram.pl/forum_post.asp?tid=29070&pid=41 says the game won't fire up if DaemonTools are installed. Fuck. And it's in Poland, so Atari can't have anything to do with it!

in other unrelated news (Jasede!), this post: http://forum.gram.pl/forum_post.asp?tid=29070&pid=48 says the game should theoretically run on a Radeon 9600, although slowly.

Micmu

Magister
Well, there goes another one.
I'm not uninstalling DaemonTools for some action RPG that might or might not be good.
Plus, I don't support shitheads who tell you what to (not) have installed on the machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom