Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sacred GOLD (english version)!

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

As per <a href="http://www.ascaron-forum.com//showflat.php?Cat=&Board=GenQ&Number=33832&Forum=CatSearch-4&Words=gone%20gold%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=33823&Search=true#Post33832" target=_blank>this post</a> by Ascaron Marketing Manager 'top dog', the english version of Sacred has taken on that golden hue we all love, and is being presssed as we speak. Rejoice!
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
SACRED English has gone gold and as I type cd's are coming off the line, printers are running off the beautiful 68 page manual, and retailers are placing orders for a street date of March 19th UK and Nordic and Benelux and South Africa
<br>
Australasia and US~Canada remain March 23rd, although shipping distances in US~Canada and Aus may make this a week later.
<br>
Greece should also be March 19th
<br>
Russian (Akella) and Polish and Czech (Cenega) are scheduled mid April
<br>
Italian and Spanish versions are scheduled May from FX Interactive. Spanish for South America is also May.
<br>
<br>
Japanese is signed but has no forecast date as of today
<br>
France remains April in French
<br>
China is negotiating and should close for end March on sales 12 weeks later in Chinese
<br>
remaining gaps I want to find partners for are
<br>
<br>
Israel
<br>
Portugal
<br>
Turkey
<br>
Korea
<br>
Mid East
<br>
Parts of Asia
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Who thinks Ascaron has got a pretty <b>big</b> sleeper hit here?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I think this will be the Divine Divinity of the year, in more than one way. I wouldn't be suprised if this title beats Larian's own game.

Whipporowill

Erudite
I can imagine them selling a heck of a lot of games just for being both so much like - and so much unlike Diablo II. Especially if they have a safe server environment like B-net...

geminito

Liturgist
What is "US~Canada"?

Did the two countries merge in some special way that requires the use of a "~"?

Voss

Erudite
Well, both the US & Canada can use the English version, Mexico would probably want a Spanish translation.

Jarinor

Liturgist
All I can say is, I hope for several things from this game:

1. It's good, and worth spending my money on

2. I get the blood and guts version here in Australia

3. If No 2. does not prove true, then someone will release a patch of some sort that unlocks the blood and guts.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I definitely think they have a sleeper hit on their hands. And I am quite in belief that we are looking at the Diablo 2 killer that every other D2 clone claimed to be. I for one am purchasing it.

80k in one week is impressive sales for a computer game. Some games don't even make that number in their entire existence.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
DrattedTin said:
...actually, 80K is considered a dismal failure if its a retail game.

That depends on where you are located regionally, and what time of year it is. 80k this time of year ANYWHERE kicks severe ass. During the holiday season, yeah, it would be pretty bad. Plus, we're talking PC game here, not console.

Edit: Yeah, and like I said, this is within a WEEK. For a PC title that's pretty damn good.

DIPthong

Novice
DrattedTin said:
...actually, 80K is considered a dismal failure if its a retail game.

Sure if that's like total sales figures of a game after like a month or two, but this is within the first week. That's pretty damn good.

Spazmo

Erudite
Don't go mouthing off about how this is a Diablo II killer just yet. The reason Diablo II is so popular is simply because of Battle.net. Blizzard has got the capital and the will to maintain totally free and pretty awesome online play. Any Diablo 2 killer that comes along had better have some kind of multiplayer support that rivals Battle.net or they'll have failed to "kill D2". It's not terribly hard to kill single player Diablo 2. The tricky part is beating it as an online game.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Don't go mouthing off about how this is a Diablo II killer just yet. The reason Diablo II is so popular is simply because of Battle.net. Blizzard has got the capital and the will to maintain totally free and pretty awesome online play. Any Diablo 2 killer that comes along had better have some kind of multiplayer support that rivals Battle.net or they'll have failed to "kill D2". It's not terribly hard to kill single player Diablo 2. The tricky part is beating it as an online game.

It seems Ascaron has one of them nets up and running - as for how good and safe the mp milieu will be, remains to be seen.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:

Sacred has that. Ascaron has Ascaron.net or something like that, and it's basically Battle.net, including both open and realm style play for the game.

And yeah, 80k in one week in one country is damned good, especially if that country is smallish like Germany is. At that rate, it wouldn't shock me if it didn't sell 150k in Germany alone after the first month or so. The game might make all it's money back and a profit in that one country alone. Any sales elsewhere is pure profit.

DIPthong

Novice
Spazmo said:

Yeah...I dunno if I call going through the same acts over and over and over just to get more phat l00t "pretty awesome gameplay" but whatever...if that's your cup o' joe, then so be it.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
Sacred has that. Ascaron has Ascaron.net or something like that, and it's basically Battle.net, including both open and realm style play for the game.

And yeah, 80k in one week in one country is damned good, especially if that country is smallish like Germany is. At that rate, it wouldn't shock me if it didn't sell 150k in Germany alone after the first month or so. The game might make all it's money back and a profit in that one country alone. Any sales elsewhere is pure profit.

Smallish? Germany has a population of over 80 million, which while smaller than the US is greater than most nations. The only country in Europe with a bigger population is Russia.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Azael said:
Smallish? Germany has a population of over 80 million, which while smaller than the US is greater than most nations. The only country in Europe with a bigger population is Russia.

Yeah, but you all wear lederhosen and dance to polkas, so it's hard to take you seriously.

And yeah, I mean smallish compared to places like the United States, Russia, Japan, China, and so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom