Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Released

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Jingle all the way!

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hope you get lots of jew money!
My prediction is that fifty thousand copies sold is a given, Early Access included, but considering that Fallout-like games are a genre of their own and quite poular at that I venture to say one hundred thousand copies sold in a year is feasible.

Saduj

Arcane
Congrats to Stygian Software team. :salute:

Stumbled upon 'Timelapse Vertigo' some years ago while desperately searching the web for incline and have been looking forward to this day ever since. :happytrollboy:

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Not tryin' to be a wiseacre but:

1) No.
2) Did you not notice the help/tips button?

1) Why not? It's helpful.
2) It doesn't work in there.

Started. The font is unberable. 1/10, wouldn't bang.

Actually, just needs an option for a very large font. The large font isn't big enough, and I ended up dropping down the resolution for it to be more readable.

Protip: Play it on Hard
Protip: Be prepared to restart a couple of times to find your perfect character (Talking from experience now)

Crashes at launch on W7 x64. Worked fine the last time I played the game about 6 months ago. Styg?

Validating the game cache fixed it.

Last edited:

Hegel

Arcane
Can anybody describe the game? Is it any good? How's character creation etc.

Krash

Arcane
An early access game actually finished? How can this be?!

UnderRail is great as long as you don't expect planescape level writing or quest design - this is a combat driven game. But can you imagine the sheer incline if Styg used the engine to make a story-quest-cnc based sequel? With the same quality combat and exploration? I'm not sure my feeble heart could take it.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
An early access game actually finished? How can this be?!

UnderRail is great as long as you don't expect planescape level writing or quest design - this is a combat driven game. But can you imagine the sheer incline if Styg used the engine to make a story-quest-cnc based sequel? With the same quality combat and exploration? I'm not sure my feeble heart could take it.
Can you confirm combat/systems fag game?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Made a stealth, roguish crossbow girl. Killed 10 rats, found 3 secret passages, had to repair my weapon because it already broke. 10/10 :incline:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Some tried and true tips that will help in the promotion of this game:

- Post a positive review on Steam, GOG and metacritic. Even if you don’t have a GOG copy, you can still post a positive review.

- Downvote negative reviews and upvote positive reviews on these sites.

- Buy more copies. Stgy has been developing this game for seven years now. The game is really cheap! BUY MORE UNITS!

- If you are a fan of this game, don’t be cocky with delusions of grandeur and instant success. You need to promote this game on facebook communities, twitter, what’s up, reddit, etc. Also, do the same in cRPG sites in your own language.

Alex

Arcane
The game seems to be significantly cheaper, at least for brazilians, on Steam. On Gog, it is $13.49, which amounts to R$53,73, while on Steam they are selling it for R$25,99. That is less than half of the price.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
UnderRail is great as long as you don't expect planescape level writing or quest design - this is a combat driven game.

Codex has fapped its collective dick into a bloody stump over this game and it's all because of combat and nothing much else? Must be some seriously good combat then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom