Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

blamzooie

Educated
I diddn't have a chance to play the full game before, and I'm stuck on character creation screen right now. I'm so excited that I can't decide what to choose.

So another question: Is focusing on two weapons viable? I kinda want to tray a stealth/knife/pistol (with emphasis on pistol), close range type a character.
I don't see any problems with this, you're going to focus on Dex after all.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds to me that the answer is yes.

You can't dual-wield in the game, but the points you gain in each level are more than enough to sustain 2 combat skills. And you can put the rest in stealth.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I diddn't have a chance to play the full game before, and I'm stuck on character creation screen right now. I'm so excited that I can't decide what to choose.

So another question: Is focusing on two weapons viable? I kinda want to tray a stealth/knife/pistol (with emphasis on pistol), close range type a character.

You don't have to invest that much into firearms, there is a nice perk which increases pistol damage against stunned enemies.. Stun with melee and execute the poor bastard.

John_Blazze

Augur
Thanks for the info.

The only gripe I have with the game, and had since alpha, is the crappy looking LARGE version of the font (set in options). Just looks kinda broken to me.
I love the look of the game in 1080p but the font is uncomfortably small.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I bit the bullet and just went with 1152x864 resolution.

This kind of game just looks better when it's chunky.

t8uahD5.gif

4 hours, it took me fucking 4 hours to beat them sentry bots. Winning combo was pushing through the caves and killing every single raider there to scrap up enough xp and level up (took nimble feat and maxed evasion). That last Raider fight was incredibly hard too, due to very limited supplies I had, just got really lucky. Bots were considerably easier with 50+ evasion and nimble, missed a lot of shots point blank. Still had to reload like 10 times before getting RNG on my side. Fuck's sake man, it was incredibly frustrating, but the payoff was like busting the sweetest nut.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
4 hours, it took me fucking 4 hours to beat them sentry bots. Winning combo was pushing through the caves and killing every single raider there to scrap up enough xp and level up (took nimble feat and maxed evasion). That last Raider fight was incredibly hard too, due to very limited supplies I had, just got really lucky. Bots were considerably easier with 50+ evasion and nimble, missed a lot of shots point blank. Still had to reload like 10 times before getting RNG on my side. Fuck's sake man, it was incredibly frustrating, but the payoff was like busting the sweetest nut.
If you mean in the warehouse, you don't even need to kill these things.. Just be fast and close doors behind you :P

Another question - whine:
If I can't disarm a trap is there no other way to get rid of it? Shoot it or whatever? The one in Elwood's house in front of that footlocker will drive me crazy

epeli

Arcane
True. Too bad that MMO like feed window covers 1/4 of the screen in lower res.
You can change its size in options or disable it altogether with the buttons next to its scrollbar.

If I can't disarm a trap is there no other way to get rid of it? Shoot it or whatever? The one in Elwood's house in front of that footlocker will drive me crazy
Any AOE should do the trick. Throw a cheap grenade at it or something.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
True. Too bad that MMO like feed window covers 1/4 of the screen in lower res.
You can change its size in options or disable it altogether with the buttons next to its scrollbar.

Any AOE should do the trick. Throw a cheap grenade at it or something.
If I can actually aim it you mean ! hahaha my dude is not good at throwing stuff. I will probably die a couple of times trying that :p

If you mean in the warehouse, you don't even need to kill these things.. Just be fast and close doors behind you :P

Another question - whine:

The problem was, as I mentioned earlier today: Three bots were camping the hatch and I couldn't repair elevator, so I had to fight them no matter what, everything else simply didn't work (blocked exits, a couple of turns just to reach nearest vent etc.). But fighting didn't work either since I was playing crossbow/stealth character on hard difficulty, had little to no supplies and was in a shitty position against 3 CC chaining bots.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Level cap is 25 I think, you get 40 skill points per level and a feat every two level, not sure how many stat points you get, so plan accordingly.

Ent

Savant
does dumping strength reduce your knife/unarmed damage? I was thinking about going knife/smg and I really don't mind losing 20 carry weight.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
does dumping strength reduce your knife/unarmed damage? I was thinking about going knife/smg and I really don't mind losing 20 carry weight.
It does not. The deal is that strenght over 5 will increase their damage by a certain percentage. But there is no reduction for going under 5 strenght.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Guys, just a quick notice - I appreciate all bug reporting, but if you could, I'd prefer you do it on official forums (or even Steam forums) because I'm less likely to miss it there. ;)
World does not exist outside the Codex. Do you really want us to degrade ourselves by posting elsewhere?

Alternatively, maybe a subforum could be set up somewhere so people could start one thread per bug without having to leave the comfort of the Codex.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they're smart enough to play Underrail, they should be smart enough to figure out the correct place to post their damn bug reports.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Careful what you wish for. Sub-forums have been created for smaller reasons.

hell bovine

Arcane

John_Blazze

Augur
Hey, Styg I think someone should look into editing wiki about Underrail on giantbomb.com because it has some outdated screens, trailer and not much info there.

The game is hanging up on the main page under recent relases and would be a waste if people checking it out were turned off by the prehistoric screenshots and shit.

Sykar

Arcane
Ye Ye Fargboy, tell me how good you are at killing 3 sentry bots on hard difficulty as a stealth/crossbow character with no nades or utility left and closest vent shaft 3 turns away. (assuming I will resist every single stun/flash for said 3 turns)
There should be multiple exits from that level.

Broken elevator can't be fixed since I don't have enough mech skill and stairway is blocked by rocks that I can't break through. I wouldn't bother asking if there were other ways to do it.

There is a trap door on the level with the sentry bots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom