Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Starwars

Arcane
0.5 doesn't start on my computer, le sigh.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Despite what I said before it seems we'll have polearms as well." Wait, so there was a point in time when this real history inspired rpg wasn't going to have polearms?

If I remember correctly they were having a hard time making the combat work with polearms without making polearms op.
I believe that armies of the time had similar issues.
Polearms - shmolearms, Daniel.Vavra can you fight using converted farming equipment?

Tytus

Arcane
"Despite what I said before it seems we'll have polearms as well." Wait, so there was a point in time when this real history inspired rpg wasn't going to have polearms?

If I remember correctly they were having a hard time making the combat work with polearms without making polearms op.
I believe that armies of the time had similar issues.
Polearms - shmolearms, Daniel.Vavra can you fight using converted farming equipment?

Kosynierzy (Scythmen) Incoming

6344352_kosynierzy-.jpg

Darkzone

Arcane
That would be wrong, the "war" scythes were not farming equipment. As you see on the picture the pole is straight and the blade is not angled 90° to the pole like the farming tool one. But the hussites 1420-1434 used flails and later reforged scythes called kůsa or sudlice that has developed later into the ušatá sudlice.

Cadmus

Arcane
The farming.scYthesseem.totally shit for combat. Hussites used different scythes. Just imagine fighting somebody with the retarded curved blade. Interestingly, tw3 does polearms quite well.

Oesophagus

Arcane
You misunderstand. They want to "interview" me, tell me about the alpha version and so on with a skype call. After that they will give me a key for their game (I guess).

What I'm thinking here, instead of just sending me the code with information they want to dictate what can and can not be shown and said in that "let's play" video(assuming). I'm not interviewing anyone :)
We get it, you've got integrity.

Now get on your knees and suck that developer cock. For the 'dex

Daniel.Vavra

Warhorse Studios
Developer
hehe

I could make an video I guess, the game looks interesting enough. I don't understand the interview part though, it almost sounds like they want to micro-manage what goes into the video, what can and can not be said. I don't know though, not used to this.

Yes we wanted to brainwash you so you would...

OF COURSE NOT! :)

Our guys just want to tell you about the game and since its just alpha, we want to avoid misuderstandings when some unfinished stuff could be considered finished or bad. Thats all. We are not trying to bribe you or force to tell you what to say in exchange of free stuff. I dont think we have any leverage on the output after we give you the key anyway :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
haha, big boss himself. You have to excuse my cautiousness. One wrong step and I have sold my soul to EA for all eternity :)

Daniel.Vavra

Warhorse Studios
Developer
Seriously, only way how we could punish you is to block you from further news, updates and versions and you would still be able to buy the game and play it anyway and say whatever you want about it. Would we want to block you in some situation? Maybe only if you openly and willingly lied about the game in order to harm us and I believe that it would be quite reasonble reaction. So I dont think that talk with a Tobi who will explain whats there, whats going to be fixed and whats coming and not there at the moment should be ok :)

One thing that makes me really excited about this game is that once they release it, they will have a platform (hopefully a really good platform) for making medieval/dark ages games. A lot of the hard work for these type of games is the underlying engine and systems, the combat (especially the complex combat system here), the NPC schedules, the dialogue and scripting, and so on. Most of this will be done after KCD comes out, although obviously they can always expand on things later, upgrade graphical quality, etc. But afterwards, they can mostly just stick to creating content, writing dialogue, designing quests and characters, putting down towns and dungeons.

This platform would allow Warhorse to churn out medieval/dark age games at a much lower cost and quicker as well. As someone who loves history and that period specifically, I am very intrigued by all the possibilities. You can tackle such awesome settings as the Crusades, Dark Age Vikings, stuff in Spain between Christians and Muslims, Anglo-French wars, the conflicts in Russia between Russians and the Golden Horde or Teutonic Knights, and with slight modifications to the engine/systems, you can also tackle more exotic stuff in other parts of the world around that time.

hivemind

I need to seduce someone with a good computer so I'll be able to play this on release.

Prime Junta

Hey whaddya know, I actually have alpha/beta access to this. Seems I got a bit carried away during the KS and backed at Viscount level. Gotta try this tonight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom