Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OK guys how do i make heavy armour viable? Like in alpha i managed but it seems in the main game i am getting fucking crushed left and right with no defense skills and when i actually get armour it is not helping at all to mitigate the damage i am taking, is there a trick i am missing?

Fuck me my tactical vest guy is better off than the heavy armour when it comes to survivability and he has less than half this guys health at half the level, i figure i could grind my head against this and bruteforce it until i get my shield but that seems mind killing to me.

So i finally got that assault rifle from guy at bottom of gms i actually had to go to junkyard buy schematics make armour go back and kill them, but now right outside those 2 pistols and the hammer guy are wrecking me, do i just leave try raider camp or some under depot facility for more xp and cash?
The build is guns throwing, all crafting skills and lock picking stats are 9str 10 con 7 intel 3 dex 3 agil 6 per and 3 will

6 ag for sprint is extremely helpful. Feats like armor sloping, nimble will help with AP as well.

Inf0mercial

Augur
OK guys how do i make heavy armour viable? Like in alpha i managed but it seems in the main game i am getting fucking crushed left and right with no defense skills and when i actually get armour it is not helping at all to mitigate the damage i am taking, is there a trick i am missing?

Fuck me my tactical vest guy is better off than the heavy armour when it comes to survivability and he has less than half this guys health at half the level, i figure i could grind my head against this and bruteforce it until i get my shield but that seems mind killing to me.

So i finally got that assault rifle from guy at bottom of gms i actually had to go to junkyard buy schematics make armour go back and kill them, but now right outside those 2 pistols and the hammer guy are wrecking me, do i just leave try raider camp or some under depot facility for more xp and cash?
The build is guns throwing, all crafting skills and lock picking stats are 9str 10 con 7 intel 3 dex 3 agil 6 per and 3 will

6 ag for sprint is extremely helpful. Feats like armor sloping, nimble will help with AP as well.

Fuck that this build is meant to be a juggernaut and after walking away for a minute from computer i went back and smashed those guys heads in, i think the trick is kill the melee guy first and get used to throwing out bullets at mid range as trying to close with 5 kneecaps is fucking annoying.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You WILL need Throwing in order for heavy armor melee/guns to be properly viable in the long run. You need some versatility, and Throwing offers stun and AoE capabilities, as well as anti-machine/anti-energy shield capability.

Lhynn

Arcane
Blaine is there another way of getting psi empathy other than the doctor's pill that gives you -25% health? no need to spoil, just yes or no if you're aware of it

ty
Nope, and before release the pill had no side effect.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Don't worry, even with the nerfs (-25% health, increased AP and psi costs) psi still destroys the entire screen before enemies can take down your shield.

ArchAngel

Arcane
One way to "fix" social skills would be to give them combat related feats. Like Intimidation could have a feat that gives you a fear attack vs living enemies. Persuasion could have a debuff feat that persuades your enemy they are pathetic or something, only works on living humanoids.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I skipped some enemies early on with my metal armor + assault/sniper rifle build. Once I had a few burst feats I went back and cleaned house. Throwing nets work wonders against most melee enemies.

Cromwell

Arcane
You WILL need Throwing in order for heavy armor melee/guns to be properly viable in the long run. You need some versatility, and Throwing offers stun and AoE capabilities.

Shit, I wanted to to build assault rifle guy with heavy armor and until I get the gun, play with hammers. I have pretty much the same problem of getting shived to death and while creating the char I had enough points to level another skill but since I thought I had it covered with two offensive skills I put them into mercantile. -.-

Is it viable to use small guns before ar even if you dont go into agi/dex if I reroll and take throwing?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Shit, I wanted to to build assault rifle guy with heavy armor and until I get the gun, play with hammers. I have pretty much the same problem of getting shived to death and while creating the char I had enough points to level another skill but since I thought I had it covered with two offensive skills I put them into mercantile. -.-

Never, ever split your points between two primary weapon skills in the beginning, especially if they rely on two different primary attributes.

Is it viable to use small guns before ar even if you dont go into agi/dex if I reroll and take throwing?

It should be. Despite my long hours playing this game, I've only dabbled with guns (5mm Hawkers at the very start, a sniper/stealth playthrough I didn't come close to finishing, and I branched out into ARs very late in my melee/heavy character's career).

AR/Throwing/heavy armor is arguably the most ludicrously overpowered character in the game once you get high enough in level to get the nastier AR feats, especially if you craft your own stuff. Heavy commandos with top-quality gear are tough to beat.

Inf0mercial

Augur
AR/Throwing/heavy armor is arguably the most ludicrously overpowered character in the game once you get high enough in level to get the nastier AR feats, especially if you craft your own stuff. Heavy commandos with top-quality gear are tough to beat.

This is what i am going for as in i grabbed all crafting skills so i can create a heavy regenerating titanium armour along with flash bang immune helmet, then i am going to renact Swat 4 on everyone. I have the helmet and i have the hang of combat like this i am just not sued to taking constant damage or damage on the way in as i am used to stealth, also it is a slow starter and a money sink.

Cromwell

Arcane
So I can take throwing instead of melee, now I am thinking about taking dodge at least early to mitigate some damage until I get the big armors which wont let me dodge that good anyway. But I would like at leats one social skill. meh. Or just bang my head against the game without dodge until I get through to the point with better armor.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I split my points between guns and melee and had no issue until Depot A(where I stopped playing because I had to do other stuff).

You get a lot of skill points per level and honestly I can easily have 4 skills capped all the time and increase others dependingly.

My build is suboptimal and spread out but I do manage to proceed without major issues so far. Of course deaths are plenty but that was to be expected, especially going blind in Underrail.

*I play on Hard.

duanth123

Arcane
Why are people so butthurt about the speed? It's a brisk walking speed. Do you really need to sprint everywhere? Hardly anyone complained about this in Early Access.
Walking speed is the worst thing about underrail and I hated it from the beginning in EA. Its slow as fuck when the game is designed to have a lot of backtracking and levels are esigned for some getting lost. They needed a fast foreard button, its like morrowind walking speed... without the scenery.

Friendly reminder that the program Cheat Engine can double speed most games (and sometimes triple speed) without significant issues.

roshan

Arcane
epeli in the residential area (where you start off) there are a couple of bugs. There is a ventilation shaft that you can open but cannot enter. There is also a medical locker that doesn't show up on the wall - the graphic is on one side of the wall but the locker opens from the other end.

epeli

Arcane
roshan thanks. Those have already been reported and I think they should be fixed for new games on the latest hotfix. If you find more bugs:

Guys, just a quick notice - I appreciate all bug reporting, but if you could, I'd prefer you do it on official forums (or even Steam forums) because I'm less likely to miss it there. ;)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'm going for a guns/grenades built. I want lockpicking and hacking and I also want weapon and armor crafting, so I chose mechanics, electronics and tailoring.
The problem is that I also want dodge and evasion, but I've read that I can only max 8 skills, so I feel I might have stretched myself thin (I also spent some point in biology and chemistry before noticing how high I needed them for even basic concoctions).
Is there anything I should drop for a new build?

Mystary!

Arcane
Wanted my hammer dude to be as tanky as possible so I went with high constitution along with evasion and dodge but they're supposedly useless once you get better armors? Isn't there a happy medium that utilize both armor and defensive skills?

Wolfe

Arbiter
Ok, where should I look for some armor that has acid resistance or the materials to build one?

LE: kill siphoners or mutated dogs. I'll give that a try.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Wanted my hammer dude to be as tanky as possible so I went with high constitution along with evasion and dodge but they're supposedly useless once you get better armors? Isn't there a happy medium that utilize both armor and defensive skills?

They're don't become useless, but they (along with movement points) are reduced by your armor penalty. You can use the heaviest armor and also pump high Evasion and Dodge, maybe throw Nimble and crafting feats/materials that reduce armor penalty into the mix, but instead of enemies missing a lot, they'll only miss occasionally (with little or no Evasion or Dodge, they almost never miss).

Realistically, you should probably choose one or the other, and avoid anything heavier than tactical vests if relying mostly on Dodge and Evasion. That's the happy medium; maybe even riot armor with Nimble and fairly low armor penalty.

What, you want to wear a boulder and also dodge everything like a lynx? I bet you're one of those guys who like to dual-wield tower shields in fantasy RPGs.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ok, where should I look for some armor that has acid resistance or the materials to build one?
You could look for mutated dog skin or siphoner skin. Mutated dogs can be found in the old Junkyard area, the one where you need to look for drill parts. But they are probably the reason you need the resistance in the first place. Siphoners are hidding in lakes south of junkyard. They will jump at you when you get close to lakes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom