Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the whole pawn thing is neat, but I have to wonder why they didn't just make it multiplayer- surely it wouldn't have been more work than all the pawn AI shit; and all the cooperation tactics make this game so well built for multiplayer. I'd love to get some massive style points by shield boosting a bro to jump onto a giant's face or work together with other sorcerors to spam the shit out of petrify spells on enemies it actually works on, instead of pawns that cast it on immune stuff and don't help you when something is weak to it.

Well, they did end up making an online sequel/spinoff thing right? How did that turn out anyways?
I'm not sure. It looks cool from videos but we'll probably not see it in the West which is a shame.

Old Hans

Arcane
I played the online game for a bit, and it was pretty awful. Regular old Dragons Dogma is miles better in every way.

Avellion

Erudite
I played the online game for a bit, and it was pretty awful. Regular old Dragons Dogma is miles better in every way.
Out of curiousity. What is it that made the online game so terrible? Havent played it and would like to know how they could fuck up something so good.

Moink

Cipher
There was nude mods for the ps3/xbox 360 version of the game.

The faces just need higher res textures.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
why wasn't this on sale? i don't want to pay 30 bucks for a game that i
borrowed
from a friend
on the second thought i guess i can spare it. next time maybe capcom won't let PC players wait a decade.

spekkio

Arcane
Sry if repost:

8759_8010.jpeg

Martius

Liturgist
Its mostly matter of now soon available higher resolution. Personally I think its that a surprise. Just look at Devil May Cry 4, its older game and it still hold up pretty well in term of graphics.

Moink

Cipher
The games textures are terrible, it just has a fairly good art direction and a good use of lighting.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Man...

I feel like a kid again before Christmas...

I may even take the 15th off and just play the game all day.

I think I will review my build plan and then look at the art book some more.

1 week, 4 days...

edit:
I wonder how long it will take to get some improved art mods out for this game? I'll have to keep an eye out at Nexus.

boot

Prophet
I'm kind of worried what releasing this on PC will bring for Dragons Dogma. It might be better if it just died a stoic, dignified death, unappreciated by le masterace and plebs both...

If this is as successful as it seems it will be, there might be a sequel (right?). I worry that the devs will take the criticisms of all these people that don't really even like video games to heart- like when Dark Arisen lowered the cost of fast travel and introduced the infinite use ferrystone. That was one of the biggest criticisms the mainstream crowd had, but limited fast travel made the world feel much bigger, it lost a little bit when they changed that.

Now these masterracefags who have never pulled down the right trigger and felt the vibration rock their very being will have their turn with DD... They ask why there's no multiplayer, they don't want to understand how the randomness of Pawn behavior keeps combat fresh well past the 1000th hour, they bitch about framerate and resolution and textures and shit. This game is really special, but I feel like all of it is lost on these people, and that any sequels will be made to accommodate a bunch of whiny dick faces.

I worry.

boot

Prophet
maybe they're too sophisticated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom