Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

do NOT get LA NOIRE. don't fucking bother.

Anything other than the quality of the game itself? I really like the theme of it, and I'm interested... Some nasty drm layers or performance issues?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anything other than the quality of the game itself? I really like the theme of it, and I'm interested... Some nasty drm layers or performance issues?
It's a decent movie, not much of a game though. No major issues afaik.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if this is the right place but is Endless Legend suitable for people who has no experience in 4X? My friend sent me the soundtrack and holy fuck that was awesome, but I never played a 4X game before so I'm not sure how complicated this game is. The artstyle is appealing too.
If you're going to buy every expansion and your currency is Euro be careful not to buy the EL Collection or whatever it's called, as it's 3 Euros more expensive than buying each expansion separately.
Not sure if this is the right place but is Endless Legend suitable for people who has no experience in 4X? My friend sent me the soundtrack and holy fuck that was awesome, but I never played a 4X game before so I'm not sure how complicated this game is. The artstyle is appealing too.
It is. The game is pretty easy on Normal (a difficulty level that doesn't give the AI bonuses), it has p. good tutorial. The artstyle and and soundtrack are superb (subjective opinion ofc.). The basics are easy to grasp and it should be perfectly playable for someone without experience in the genre.
Ty, I just got the whole collection for 10 bucks thanks to regional pricing :greatjob:

sser

Arcane
Developer
http://www.nuuvem.com/ has some nice deals, got myself Horse Lords for for 3 euros.

You need VPN for that right?

Edit:

Bought it. Nice tip.

First, I go to Brasil. Man at airport with sign takes me to limo. He drives me out of airport. He doesn't take left turn - no, he goes right. That's not right, in a non-directional sense. We drive to woods. He takes me out of car. Burlap sack over head. Oh no, this is Brasil. "Welcome to Brasil," they say. Truly a Brasilian thing to say. I plead. "Horse Lords, five dorrah." They shoot me in the chest. Bird shot. I get up and run. They keep shooting. I don't see, only hear. Its dark in the burlap sack. I fall. Keep falling. Water. Drowning, falling again. Saved by a waterfall! No, now I'm truly drowning. Something grabs arm. I can breathe! Wet mud against my back.

Second, I immerse myself in the Amazonian tribe that saved me. Speak their language, fuck their women. With time, my pale skin turns a good shade of sunburnt red as I do not fare well without shade. They fear me as God, and then a Devil. Say get out. I leave. I hope my harem misses me.

Third, I find civilization. "Computer, please." Thank you, internet cafes. Wire money from Wells Fargo. Eat $20 fee, then $15 surcharge for not having used my account in awhile. Goddam banks. Make account on Newvehm. Pay five dorrah. Steam account recognizes foreign key, Steam account gets banned. Ponder the meaning of strife.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
People open steam in browser?
People use steam client instead of the website+enhancedsteam during sales?
giphy.gif

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Coin Crypt for 2,49 USD - I could sum up this one by telling it's a deck-building rogue-like, but it would not do it service. It's good, it's different than what you're used to.
Aces Wild for 1,99 USD - The best Beat'em All I ever played, and I'm not that fond of the genre. If you're looking for a game that will get you that precious adrealine pumping in your veins, get it. It's gameplay is unique, and incredibly rewarding. Devil May Cry is pushy and slow in comparison.
Lisa for 2,49 USD - Didn't play it yet, but let's admit it, it got my curiosity tickled something bad.

For Multiplayer, Speedrunners is quite good. Only at -50%, though.

DramaticPopcorn

Mojo Rampage is fine (add me fgt)
Running With Rifles is also potentially gud

pippin

Sometimes the game's steam page tells you if a certain game is region locked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom