Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Black

Arcane
Why do they always have to try and weasel their way out of this and can't just accept it like man?

Kalasanty11

Learned
Yes, because criticizing F4 in a Codex circle jerk is so much "manlier" than trying to educate (or at least annoy) some fanboys somewhere else:roll:

Fairfax

Arcane
Most of them seem to think FNV is a better game, though, which is surprising.

pippin

When Bethestards ask for features they'd like to see in FO games, they generally ask for things present in vanilla New vegas.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Look, anyone who's played New Vegas can agree that Fallout 4 doesn't have the same level of depth or roleplay potential. And that's okay. Fallout 4 was created as a different experience than the previous games, and that's okay. Fallout 4 is, despite what everyone seems to be saying, a good game. And that's okay. People have complaints about Fallout 4, valid complaints, and that's okay.

Stopped reading before I vomit.

typical user

Arbiter

Look, anyone who's played New Vegas can agree that Fallout 4 doesn't have the same level of depth or roleplay potential. And that's okay. Fallout 4 was created as a different experience than the previous games, and that's okay. Fallout 4 is, despite what everyone seems to be saying, a good game. And that's okay. People have complaints about Fallout 4, valid complaints, and that's okay.

"If people can clock 100 hours then this isn't a bad game. You can't play bad game for 100 hours."

It is good action fps with very light rpg elements. I bash it's rpg elements and lack of logic because first games from this IP focused on those things and now it has turned into typical murrican shooter. But you can't say it is bad game.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
2015-12-07_00003_zps0llfxe4s.jpg

2015-12-07_00004_zpsdhar4lzh.jpg

2015-12-07_00005_zpsb4ile72w.jpg

Dat Face when he says that line :lol:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah, they brought back the Chinese ghouls again too?

Come on, Bethesda, Enclave DLC. You know you want to.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Hah, they brought back the Chinese ghouls again too?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Yangtze

Notes
  • While Zao says the Yangtze is a Chinese submarine and manned by a Chinese crew, its interior bears no Chinese characters (汉字) (Hanzi). Warning signs and terminals are written in English.
  • The People's Republic of China in real life do not use the Wade-Giles romanization system, and soYangtze would have been written 'Yangzi' in pinyin. Additionally, the word 'Yangtze' is largely used only by westerners to refer to the Long River - 'Changjiang'(长江)would be the term normal Chinese used.
  • Strangely enough, there are various bottles of Nuka Cola on the ship, including a bottle of Nuka Cola Quantum. This is strange seeing the hostilities between the USA and China, which would make it unlikely that the Chinese would drink Nuka Cola. This may however be a reference to some of the Soviet elite during the Cold War, who had access to privately imported Western soft drinks otherwise unavailable to the general population. It is more likely, however, that the American items were brought on board by raiders, which the Captain mentions have attacked since the bombs fell.
  • It is possible that, because of the ship's lack of Chinese characters and the presence of American equipment like the RobCo terminals and General Atomics reactor, Yangtze was actually an American submarine that was captured by the Chinese prior to the Great War. Or maybe it was just because the game developers didn't want to waste time creating new models based on Chinese technology when they could just recycle ones that were already made.
The really that lazy, how shocking.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gamebanshee review: http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/116567-fallout-4-review.html

Overall, I enjoyed Fallout 4 a lot more than I was expecting. Part of how I rate a game is whether I'm happy or sad when I have to move on to my next review, and with Fallout 4 I'm on the sad side of the ledger. I ran through the game pretty easily on the "normal" difficulty setting -- I could tell I was too powerful when a suicide bomber sneaked up behind me and detonated a mini nuke... and only took off about half my health -- but my character playing on the "survival" setting is having a tougher time, and I'm curious if the game can maintain the challenge all the way through.

In any case, Fallout 4 is in pretty good shape now. The game is stable, the locations are plentiful, and there are numerous interesting quests to complete -- and this is all without a lot of mods being available since Bethesda still hasn't released their construction kit (it's apparently waiting in a "to do" queue along with the manual). So if you like open world RPGs in general, or Bethesda's offerings in particular, then Fallout 4 is a worthwhile game to pick up.

"Never taking Jet again, I swear", says the Diner lady's son, rocking back and forth next to the skeleton that he probably grew up playing around.

"It feels good to know Wolfgang's in the ground," remarks said owner of the diner, gently moving another skeleton draped over the counter aside to wipe up. "Do you need anything?"

Some basic pride in your surroundings?

Some things never change. Bless you, Todd

What's really strange is that they only occasionally let you take the obvious route of claiming former Raider bases for your own. Many of them with their own wind-powered energy grids, a combination of environmental and man-made defenses and good housing. Then you leave that place and go trundling out to some bumfuck nowhere shack two losers have made into a home. That you spend awhile patching up otherwise it'll niggle at the back of your mind every time you see it.

I think even animals have the decency to move remains away from their home. The NPCs are literally subhumans.

And that's okay. :M

I've created a topic on reddit about Total Biscuit's opinion on Fallout 4 (he was very critical, so I had a blast reading comments). After about 10 hours thread disappeard from main page of Fallout subreddit and I got message from a bot:

I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:
If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads. (Info / Contact)

What the hell does it mean? Thread wasn't just deleted, I can still access it from my profile
It meant your thread got moved to the "circle jerk" subforum. It's not censorship, we just felt negative words weren't adequate for this environment and relocated it to a more suitable home.

Aoyagi

Scholar
It meant your thread got moved to the "circle jerk" subforum. It's not censorship, we just felt negative words weren't adequate for this environment and relocated it to a more suitable home.

You mean you moved it to a circlejerk "subforum" so that it doesn't disturb the circlejerking in /r/fallout ? And how is that not censorship?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom