Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Any list of fixed locations for Psionice mentor items?

Enrage, i saw being sold by merchant in Rail station.

circ

Arcane
Any list of fixed locations for Psionice mentor items?

Enrage, i saw being sold by merchant in Rail station.
I got Disruptive Field (?) from a container in Depot A or thereabouts. I'm guessing it might be random loot given to the player if psionic and a certain level, location not important, but who knows.

Blackmill

Scholar
http://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/458604254424826215/

Basic 3tier-Psis are avail at SGS.
Advanced 4tier-Psis are avil at Foundry, Core City, Railroad Cross
Advanced 5 to 7 tier-Psis are dropped randomly, except Inhibiton, which Tchoists sold that.

Anyone can confirm that tier 5 to 7 are random drops?

Styg said in the tips thread, "While what epeli says is generally true, all psi mentors have at least one static location." So, I don't think the top-tier drops can only be found randomly, just maybe not bought from a vendor.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I searched fully Depot A - no disruptive field.

I found Cryokinetic orb in caves after rocks near Mushroom caves, i had to find "secret path" via Perception to get to chest with it. Not sure how psionic is supposed to get there if its fixed.

It would be trolling if fixed location is unreachable by pure psion characters.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone knows how much mercantile you need to get Kevin to sell you stuff in the foundry? Even after Dan told me about him, he still refuses to sell me stuff.

And is it even worth it? How good of a vendor is he?

I got like 70 mercantile but that's probably too much.

If you are referring to the workbench, it gives you 15% Electronics bonus when crafting. I guess if you have 100 Electronics then you can craft stuff which requires 115. I'm not sure.

Ulfsark

Novice
What crafting skills are best for psionic and to what skill number max you want to train them?

Also what skills you took, in general, in addition to locking and hacking.

I would say mechanics, electronics, tailoring, a bit of biology, can skip tailoring if you do not wish to craft armor, but custom headband is a must

As to exact numbers, I have a completely unoptimized "herp derp first character" build, and I have them close to 130 after modifiers... there were still ingredients I could not use, but, oh well.

EDIT: 130 M, E and T, and 70 Bio, but that is not necessary for psi and I did it for this - http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Trance, if I recall correctly, 40 Bio would be sufficient

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone knows how much mercantile you need to get Kevin to sell you stuff in the foundry? Even after Dan told me about him, he still refuses to sell me stuff.

And is it even worth it? How good of a vendor is he?

Don't know.

No. He is pretty mediocre.

Ulfsark

Novice
A blue consumable for filling a blue purple spellcasting resource is a mana potion, call it psi, spiritual energy, wackosense, blueberry jam or whatever :D

circ

Arcane
I searched fully Depot A - no disruptive field.

I found Cryokinetic orb in caves after rocks near Mushroom caves, i had to find "secret path" via Perception to get to chest with it. Not sure how psionic is supposed to get there if its fixed.

It would be trolling if fixed location is unreachable by pure psion characters.
Sorry wasn't field, or maybe it was with another character. Just went through parts of the underground - in the second underground part with 5-6 droids there's a Cryo-shield mentor. North part, 50 lockpick room opposite monitor room, in a 50 hack box.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What crafting skills are best for psionic and to what skill number max you want to train them?

Also what skills you took, in general, in addition to locking and hacking.

I would say mechanics, electronics, tailoring, a bit of biology, can skip tailoring if you do not wish to craft armor, but custom headband is a must

As to exact numbers, I have a completely unoptimized "herp derp first character" build, and I have them close to 130 after modifiers... there were still ingredients I could not use, but, oh well.

EDIT: 130 M, E and T, and 70 Bio, but that is not necessary for psi and I did it for this - http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Trance, if I recall correctly, 40 Bio would be sufficient

Electronic and biology i understand, but why mechanics?

Also tailoring is for vest with psi beetle shell, right?

What skills in general you would take?

Locking, hacking, electronics, biology, tailoring, mechanics, what other skills are useful for psi?

John_Blazze

Augur
Is there any point of replaying the game other than the burning need to do a playtrough with a different character?

I'm on my way to Core City and everything feels pretty linear so far, which is great, it's a tighter experience because of it but is there a way to mix things up on another playtrough?

Ulfsark

Novice
Electronic and biology i understand, but why mechanics?

Also tailoring is for vest with psi beetle shell, right?

What skills in general you would take?

Locking, hacking, electronics, biology, tailoring, mechanics, what other skills are useful for psi?

I took mechanics to craft riot and tactical armors and energy shields. You can add psi beetle carapace to these two armors, but probably do without them (it's a 10% decrease in psi cost and 10 PSI skil, maybe a better one can be made, but beetle carapaces are crappy :( ). More specifically, I wanted to insert super steel sheets in those. As I said, if you want to conserve skillpoints, you can do without. These would be the core skills, IMHO, I also skilled dodge/evade, in hindsight, totally unnecessary, as I said, first character.

You can grab Persuasion or Intimidation for general gameplay purposes, they are Will based skills and You max Will.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Energy shields need mechanics?

I am thinking: locks, hacks, 3 psi schools, biology, electronics.

So 7 skills already, maybe get persuasion and some tailoring (for boots only?). Tailoring needs also mechanical for armor..

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The first quest involving burrowers should reward the player with more oddities. It's too difficult at that moment in the game.

The first burrowers quest is optional.

That’s beside the point. The first burrowers quest is offered at a moment in the game in which it is really challenging. The reasonable thing is to make rewards proportional.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You think Stealth would be useful if you keep adding +5 points each lvl up? Or all psi-skills are loud?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Crawlers BTFO: When the first Crawler gets you, cure the poison, run a nice distance back toward where you came from, then cast Electrokinetic Imprint at your feet. Crawler will walk into the Imprint after a few turms. If there are more, cast Electrokinetic Imprint at your feet, then cast Pyrokinesis fifteen yards ahead or so. Crawlers will hear the blast (and/or be caught in it), then bumble into the Imprint. Repeat as necessary.

You think Stealth would be useful if you keep adding +5 points each lvl up? Or all psi-skills are loud?

Yes, Stealth is useful if you max it out, or even if you don't. The higher your skill, the more slowly enemies notice you; higher-level enemies have higher Detection scores, and stealth enemies tend to have higher Detection scores than other types of enemies.

Not all psi skills are loud. Pyrokinesis is, and probably Electrokinesis, but I seem to recall many Thought Control and Metathermics skills are either silent or fairly quiet.

circ

Arcane
What I do nao? Lev 7, enough xp to 8, knife dex/agi build. Going for sneaky sneak cutthroating. Vile weaponry+taste the blood seem good but I don't want to be stuck with nothing but bleeding knives so probably not.

Should I pick Interloper? I can surprise NPCs ok with my high sneak already as is, though faster movement always helps. Fancy footwork seems good but I'm not doing a ton of moving, everything charges me and I just ask them to form a queue. Maybe eventually? Expose weakness? How's that? I'm pretty much just using Crippling Strike so another activated skill would be nice. Lowers threshold by 50% so 50% more damage every 4 turns? Dirty kick is nice, specially vs humans but big cooldown, haven't picked that yet. Maybe? Haven't picked up Conditioning or Expertise yet. Expertise at 8 worth it? That's an extra 8 damage which is pretty nice.

MrJohnson

Educated
I went into the tunnels and killed the stealthed stalkers there, they have awesome stealth enhancing coats (+19 stealth).
Also bought myself ninja tabi boots - with these and Interloper stealth only slows me down by 20% - been busy stealing everything in junkyard and my next target is the embassys second floor.
Combat wise I discovered that IF I'm spotted by critters while spelunking the low/mid frequenzy shield is a real lifesaver.

Also have build myself a cloaking device. But the energy usage only allows me to run it for ca 40-50 seconds until I have to recharge it. Still keep it with me, could be the edge in a tricky situation.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
circ
I consider Interloper a must. On top of the faster movement outside of combat, retaining some MP when you launch an ambush can be very helpful. Also, some enemies do have particularly high Detection, and Interloper will help you get closer more quickly and safely before initiating combat.

You branched out into Traps or Throwing yet? You'll almost certainly need one of them for versatility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom